Jose Mourinho questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's long-term impact at Manchester United

ROFLUTION

Its not like he's wrong about the overall setup at our club. We still will only find a long-term solution, if we hire a proper DoF.

City's setup is really tough to compete with, and what we have now is basically a good manager and a good commercial-CEO. We still need that DoF to make both sides work and have a good synergy.

The big difference from Ole and Mourinho though lies in tactics and that Ole has the backing of the fans.

Hawks2008

He's a pathetic scrote, still baffled at how some continued to defend him to the bitter end..

Nikelesh Reddy

I think it’s reasonable ... short term Mourinho did so so, but long term Mourinho is what we’re seeing now, and it’s brilliant! ;)
I”ll always have a soft corner for him...He was such an integral part of our lives for 2 and a half years,we had some great victories/moments in those couple of years so I”ll always want him to do well in the future.But Hopefully he”ll avoid these little digs at the club...

Inter Yer Nan

Short term manager jealous that less hyped and less experienced manager brought in for the short term has done a far better job and is being lined up for long term because he's cleaned up your your mess and has people thinking positively again.

dove

This was my first thought as well. Also sounds a bit bitter to me.
Of course he is bitter as he failed, what do you expect? Even Moyes is bitter and can't stop talking about us, managers just like players want to win and if you fail to do so you start looking for excuses. Jose blames the board, Klopp blames wind. It's natural :lol:

Member 115509

He is full of it. OGS has got more out of some of the players that were Mourinho's favourites in his time.
Mourinho managed to reduce Pogba to a bit part player while also branding him a virus. The amount of goals and assists from Pogba since he left tell another story.
Pobga wasn't a virus, but Mourinho could well be described as a Trojan Horse in his last half season at United.
Had some success, obviously, but those last few months proved he had lost it and needed to go before he did any more damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I know everyone hates him right now but he's obviously got a point, if we look at it objectively.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He didn't though did he?
Yeah. He did a good job. Not a great one. Europa League, League Cup, FA Cup final, 2nd place finish.

He built on what LvG did after the calamitous Moyes period.

Off field activities and player clashes don’t really take away the fact that he did a good job.

Also note that I finished my post with ‘Needed to Go’.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I know everyone hates him right now but he's obviously got a point, if we look at it objectively.
Objectivity is a useless metric. In this instance it rests on elitism, namely that a 'best manager' has a certain quality to them that exists outside of the situation in which they're judged as a manager.

It works in Mourinho's favour to suggest that's a thing but it's pointless in reality because a manager is only as good as they are effective for whichever team they're managing at a given point in time.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

I feel sorry for him, considering he is a top top manager and no one can deny that. For as bad and poisonous he was here I don't have a single doubt in my mind that this was the club he wanted to be the most in England. It simply didn't worked out for him and must be really frustrating to see the same players he had, who tought were not good enough, performing in such a different level under another manager immediately.

He just should avoid this kind of comments, it's just a lose-lose situation, all he should do is wish some luck and say it's happy for the team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's actually a very specious argument that he uses.

He suggests that Ranieri has more managerial credibility than Parker. Ranieri has experience and a track record of managing at a huge number of clubs;fact!

Does that make him a better candidate?On the face of it yes.But looking at it deeper. Ranieri is like the proverbial,throwing darts at a dartboard.Eventually you're going to score high.He did with Leicester, and not taking anything away from him,it was a monumental achievement. But there are a huge catalogue of failure along the way too which can't be ignored. Whether Parker is any more or less qualified becomes irrelevant.He has replaced a failing manager.

Now,Ole. He has a point in that sometimes there is a response from players when a new inexperienced coach takes player.What he patently fails to acknowledge is his part in the teams downturn and it's resurgence. He fails to acknowledge his own failings as a coach and man manager. He fails to recognise that his own ego cannot stand to be upstaged by global stars.He seeks to stamp his authority by belittling players he believes are his intellectual inferior. " Shaw has to be told what to do." " Pogba doesn't follow instructions." And so on.

SAF's greatest skill was not standing still. Not dwelling on the past and seeking to move on. It's a shame Jose doesn't.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm sensing some anger here.

Let it go guys.
Just like with Moyes, if he stops talking about the club we'll soon forget him. Problem is - and I get that it's his job - he's still talking about us so we're most likely going to discuss it on a United forum.
I supported this guy for too long :lol:
Too long is an understatement!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hope the only job offers he gets are in China and Qatar, so he can cry from afar when we win tbe league again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These players look good all of a sudden without you there Jose, don't they, don't they pal.
You know, trying to attack whoever you're playing, not sitting back and having 1 foray into their half a game?

Now imagine if Ole is given the same wad you wellied on dross. Probably will do better than you did chief.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is full of it. OGS has got more out of some of the players that were Mourinho's favourites in his time.
Mourinho managed to reduce Pogba to a bit part player while also branding him a virus. The amount of goals and assists from Pogba since he left tell another story.
Pobga wasn't a virus, but Mourinho could well be described as a Trojan Horse in his last half season at United.
Had some success, obviously, but those last few months proved he had lost it and needed to go before he did any more damage.
Jose got half the redcafe agreeing with him, and wanting Pogba out.
Utterly incredible, and those same posters are very sheepish now, and rightly so.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He can be so miserable when things are going bad for him. :mad:

I'm very happy with the trophies we won under him, he got us from finishing 7th, won the Europa league and finished in the top 4 but then everything went to shit. Just move on.

ChaddyP

Jose always hates when Raneri gets sacked. Lashed out similarly when he was fired from Leicester

Teja

You can hardly expect him to own up to his own failures. If he did he'd be a way better manager too, because tactically he's one of the sharpest minds in football. Just lacks that little bit of adaptability.

Dve

Works only short term. In long term, you´re building moral by telling the players how horrible they are. Together with slack trainings. If that does not work, sell your best players. Mourinho must feel terrible he didn´t get to finish his work.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Works only short term. In long term, you´re building moral by telling the players how horrible they are. Together with slack trainings. If that does not work, sell your best players. Mourinho must feel terrible he didn´t get to finish his work.
Thankfully no Utd fan is that disappointed

Giggsyking

It really is. The other pundits must be told that they can't say certain things as a part of the deal to get Jose on the air. Either that, or they are all a bunch of pussies.
I think they are a bunch of pussies.

beedoubleyou

I feel sorry for him, considering he is a top top manager and no one can deny that. For as bad and poisonous he was here I don't have a single doubt in my mind that this was the club he wanted to be the most in England. It simply didn't worked out for him and must be really frustrating to see the same players he had, who tought were not good enough, performing in such a different level under another manager immediately.

He just should avoid this kind of comments, it's just a lose-lose situation, all he should do is wish some luck and say it's happy for the team.
Was a top manager.

If he wasn't managing the players to their potential, that's him failing to be a top manager.

IronTulip

Definitely shouldn't feel sorry for him. Infighting with players/coaches/CEO and disrespecting the club yet he still got his hefty payout and wasted a lot of United's money. United Lost, Jose won, when he was hired. I really wanted him fired after the Seville defeat, for his match day tactics and post match comments.

2 tinpot trophies over 30 months is not enough return for having to endure his cowardly football.

Conte made him look bad, and now Ole too. He has no love for United, he was unwilling to make the best of what he had. I don't think he has acknowledged United supporters since his sacking and I doubt he would ever applaud Ole's great start. No wonder he gets a lot of hate on these boards, and it's deserved too IMHO.

SAFMUTD

Was a top manager.

If he wasn't managing the players to their potential, that's him failing to be a top manager.
He is definately on a bad patch, but no one can deny he is among the greatest of the last decade. It was a mistake from the start here since our philosophy is the opposite of his, but that doesn’t mean we should hate him. I think all he did was what he thought was the best for the club, unfortunately it turn out really bad.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
If we refuse to spend then he could be right.

We needed strengthening in January and it is actually mind blowing that we dont have a right winger that can create and score with pace.

Canagel

He is definately on a bad patch, but no one can deny he is among the greatest of the last decade. It was a mistake from the start here since our philosophy is the opposite of his, but that doesn’t mean we should hate him. I think all he did was what he thought was the best for the club, unfortunately it turn out really bad.
he has problem with the current generation of players. it's not just United specific. he'll ruin any club with younger players . people will soon see the chaos he brings in his next job.

King.of.Red

After his comments, now I have lost all my respect to him. Feck you Jose! Just shut up! You miserable cnut! :lol:
Go Ole, show him how to manage Man United! Let's win more trophies! :devil:

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
The best outcome for him is to coach Portugal or similar country and do well in the Euros. Then he can retire with some respect. I just don't see a top 20 club ever hiring him again.

jem

Jose's words today in Bein sports as a pundit.

“Can [Fulham] get a better manager than Claudio? Not at all,” Mourinho said.

“Can you compare the experience between Claudio and Scott, who is going to coach a team for the first time? Not at all.

“But sometimes in football, and you have the example with my former club (Man Utd hiring Solskjaer), that sometimes changes on the immediate - I don’t believe too much in these changes in the long term - but these changes on the immediate, there are sometimes some positive results."
I'm so sick of his disingenuous praise of Ranieri over the last few years.

beedoubleyou

I think it's beyond a bad patch. Unfortunately, I honestly do not feel that he had the club's best interests at heart by the end.

But this debate is cooked. He'll have another job to prove me wrong, until then we're only picking over the bones of a miserable relationship which everyone is better out of.

Last edited:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He is really a good pundit. Same during the World Cup in the summer, sharp analysis. When it comes to being a manager in the third season, nothing makes sense though. He is not the same person. The decisions he makes and the tactics make no sense to me compared to the pundit and his knowledge.
It's because he no longer makes rational decisions. Mourinho doesn't deal well with having players in the squad who also have big egos and thus might question some of his decisions. Even if said players were right in some cases, he would never adapt his gameplan, despite logically knowing better, just for the sake of being the one who made the decision. I think one reason for it is his deep-lying insecurity. If he's questioned and actually has to admit he's wrong, his aura of being the Special One who knows all is a bit diminished. He doesn't see that actually sometimes listening to players can also be helpful and ultimately improve team chemistry and performance. He needs to be the main authority at all times.
Aside of him being a bit insecure, I also believe it's simply going against his narcissistic nature. He loves being the one who had the brilliant ideas and thus, if it's a player simply having a great performance or a great idea and not solely him getting the credit, he struggles with it.

Revan

Assumptionman
He can be so miserable when things are going bad for him. :mad:

I'm very happy with the trophies we won under him, he got us from finishing 7th, won the Europa league and finished in the top 4 but then everything went to shit. Just move on.
We finished 4th and 5th (same points as City in 4th) under LVG, so no, he didn't get us from finishing 7th.

Actually our second worst ever finish in EPL was under him when we finished 6th.