Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

And especially at Inter, where he took over a team that, while successful domestic, had consistently failed to get past the round of 16 in the CL. Even the team United knocked out in 2008-09 with Jose as manager was half the team he assembled and managed to the treble the next year.

Transfers were essential, especially the Zlatan transfer, but he built a team that was well drilled, was difficult to break down, and was willing to run through a wall for Jose. He also helped revived Sneijder's career, who was a bit of a failure at Real, and even built his team around either outcasts or relatively low-key signings like Lucio, Pandev and Thiago Motta.

Looking back, he was only "lucky" in that he had a couple key core players when he arrived at Inter, including Zanetti and Cambiasso, and they had a relatively settled defense, but he also built a great team at Inter and many of the key signings were made during his tenure. He rebuilt their entire front line, he got rid of a lot of deadwood and he set up his midfield to allow Sneijder to flourish.

He probably never should have left Inter in retrospect, but it is obviously difficult to turn down Real Madrid.
I think he peaked at the Inter job. Rather than evolving he just stuck at the time when he knocked barca out. In most of his interviews about his past achievements he always cherishes the 1-0 loss which led to knocking out Barca. He loved it so much that he adopted that method as the sole method of success. The first sign of that was when athletico knocked chelsea out when he was parking the bus for no reaaon. Yes he won the title but he again became defensive after the 5-3 defeat to spurs that season.

I remember during his time here, I always wondered why is he complicating things when there is no need. The best example is the celta vigo second leg game. Celta vigo were 10th or below in La Liga when we were facing them but for some reason Jose still was cautious in his approach and if not for Geudetti's (or however he is spelled) simple miss we would have been done.

He needs to go away from english football for good. Just manage some club in serie a or Portuguese league. He may have a better chance of doing something relevant there.

Aresma7

Honestly, this just makes you look pathetic.
How so? This is golden.
He’s doing a great job exposing those people who throw shit with their opinions. At least put in “this makes you look pathetic in my eyes” cus you don’t speak for the rest of us. Thanks a lot wumminator for making this a fun place to be :)

Raw

I'm so so happy he isn't managing us any more. Just a constant whirlpool of negativity surrounds the club with him. You get a few good moments but you know it'll all end in tears sooner or later.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'd like to add that Dele, Dier, Winks, Aurier and Sissoko can feck away off also.
Didn't you guys used to say Aurier has improved so much that he is one of the best RBs in the league?

Looks like you guys have taken All or nothing very personally.

For Spurs' good, Jose should feck off. He makes everyone look worse than they are. His football is all about containing and sucking life out of the game.

Aresma7

I'm actually the best at parties because I'm always the one organizing. However, there is a difference between being funny and being downright petty and cynical.
How is it petty and cynical bringing up what somebody has said in the past? You are being petty

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Didn't you guys used to say Aurier has improved so much that he is one of the best RBs in the league?

Looks like you guys have taken All or nothing very personally.

For Spurs' good, Jose should feck off. He makes everyone look worse than they are. His football is all about containing and sucking life out of the game.
He had improved but he clearly doesn't give a feck about playing for the club. Lloris gave a very damning interview after the game, he was furious and called out several players. I'm pretty sure the guys I mentioned are the ones he is referring to. The entire club is rotten from top to bottom. I hope ENIC sell up and Levy resigns. Jose needs to go but he is only part of the problem.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm actually the best at parties because I'm always the one organizing. However, there is a difference between being funny and being downright petty and cynical.
Holding people accountable to their dumb opinions is just what the world needs! I know I’ve said some daft stuff, look at my username!

TrustInJanuzaj

To be fair, when I wrote that post Jose WAS doing an excellent job. Things have turned very sour since then.
Yeh I don’t think the Spurs fan posts are too bad and in fact I’d say you were right to be optimistic at the time to some degree, although we did warn you it’s a house of cards. The posts that baffle me are the Utd fans saying he’s still a top manager or we should have kept him. He quite literally couldn’t have made the club any more toxic at Utd, I don’t get how a single fan can pine for that to return.

TrustInJanuzaj

That must explain your deep insecurity and hatred towards our most successful manager post SAF.
All praise Mourinho, bringer of the league cup and Europa league...brilliant achievement! Oh and how can I forget the excellent football he plays...

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'd like to add that Dele, Dier, Winks, Aurier and Sissoko can feck away off also.
Aurier is far down the list of players I'd be looking to get rid of this summer.

Don't have any excuses left for the other players to be honest.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Holding people accountable to their dumb opinions is just what the world needs! I know I’ve said some daft stuff, look at my username!
Holding me account for my dumb opinion that Jose was doing an excellent job when at that point he was? Ok mate. Well done, consider me admonished for my foolishness. I'm so glad.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Being serious for a second, didn't he say a few years back he'd never want to take over a club below top 6 in any major euro league?
In his defense, Spurs were easily a top 6 club in England when he took them over. Now, they arguably aren't anymore, so it figures he'd need to move elsewhere

RashyForPM

In hindsight, they should never have sacked one of the best managers they have ever had.

sugar_kane

what do you make of Lloris‘s post match interview?

It sounded initially like he was suggesting the culture set by Mourinho was to blame, but by the end it felt more like he was blaming the players in the squad who weren’t pulling their weight and keeping standards high - Dele was the first to pop to mind

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, it’s worth a watch - he doesn’t hold back much.

Having been through the horrors of Jose as he crashes and burns all I can say is you will be fecking buzzing when he gets sacked, and the next manager will be a blessed relief.

On the downside, unless they sack him today expect it to get worse and Jose to start tearing the club down, he will certainly turn on the owners, most likely the institution and its history itself, and you’re lucky he can’t criticise the fans - because that’s where he gets to eventually.

If he doesn’t go today (or at least before the next game) that’s because Levy is gonna give him til the League Cup final in the misguided belief that Jose will somehow mastermind a scabby victory vs. City.

I know it’s been a while since a trophy but it really isn’t worth it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Of course it's brilliant. When was the last time we won a trophy? Oh wait.
Yeh I know I watch football not for entertainment just for trophies. I know I’d much rather that euphoric feeling for a day rather than enjoying tuning in to watch my team every week. Sorry but trophies are the tip of the iceberg, performances are what you enjoy/hate every week and Mourinho dished up some of the worst entertainment I’ve seen.

pixel

He had improved but he clearly doesn't give a feck about playing for the club. Lloris gave a very damning interview after the game, he was furious and called out several players. I'm pretty sure the guys I mentioned are the ones he is referring to. The entire club is rotten from top to bottom. I hope ENIC sell up and Levy resigns. Jose needs to go but he is only part of the problem.
Is what we used to say when we had maureen, the entire club is rotten, players are rotten blah blah. Don't follow spurs too much so not sure about the entire club being rotten. But you would do well to get rid of Mourinho.

TrustInJanuzaj

Holding me account for my dumb opinion that Jose was doing an excellent job when at that point he was? Ok mate. Well done, consider me admonished for my foolishness. I'm so glad.
Come on Balaks I’ve already replied to you above saying I’m not specifically referring to the Spurs fans posts. Your posts at the time werent dumb, just naive. The Utd fans didn’t have that excuse!

tayside red

Did I miss something last night.

Harry come to the Theatre of Dreams, don't end up a Shearer, one time winner, join us and be a multiple Winner.

Jose WHO :keano:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It sounded initially like he was suggesting the culture set by Mourinho was to blame, but by the end it felt more like he was blaming the players in the squad who weren’t pulling their weight and keeping standards high - Dele was the first to pop to mind

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, it’s worth a watch - he doesn’t hold back much.

Having been through the horrors of Jose as he crashes and burns all I can say is you will be fecking buzzing when he gets sacked, and the next manager will be a blessed relief.

On the downside, unless they sack him today expect it to get worse and Jose to start tearing the club down, he will certainly turn on the owners, most likely the institution and its history itself, and you’re lucky he can’t criticise the fans - because that’s where he gets to eventually.

If he doesn’t go today (or at least before the next game) that’s because Levy is gonna give him til the League Cup final in the misguided belief that Jose will somehow mastermind a scabby victory vs. City.

I know it’s been a while since a trophy but it really isn’t worth it.
Lloris spoke really well and he is one guy in there I know really cares. Clearly a lot of the players just don't give a shit and he was calling them out. None of them are Jose signed players I might add (in my opinion). Jose is only part of the problem here and the players need to take responsibility or feck off out in the summer.

Aresma7

I think it comes more down to your comments about not giving a feck on how you play as long as you win games, which countless people on here tried to explain is what Mou is known for, it only works until it doesn’t and at that point the fall is high.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Come on Balaks I’ve already replied to you above saying I’m not specifically referring to the Spurs fans posts. Your posts at the time we went dumb, just naive. The Utd fans didn’t have that excuse!
Ok no worries, just still a bit salty after last night

Raredaredevil

oh.

you’re one of them.

BTW -“I’m actually the best at parties because I am the one who organises them” is one of the best things I’ve ever read
It's okay I understand you need to live up to your persona you built up online so you need to have this agenda towards a man who doesn't know your existence to make yourself look "omg im so cool" on the internet. Actually I'm not a Jose Mourinho fan even though I am defending him. The fact speaks for itself, he is our most successful manager post SAF. Thank you for your compliment.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think it comes more down to your comments about not giving a feck on how you play as long as you win games, which countless people on here tried to explain is what Mou is known for, it only works until it doesn’t and at that point the fall is high.
If we were winning I'd be very happy. I did say 'as long as we win games'. You can't know that then point fingers when I'm not happy when I told you I wouldn't be happy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The majority of those posts were made by Spurs fans - more in hope than expectation.

We, United fans, acted in a similarly positive (hopeful) manner when he joined us. I bet you were one of them.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

My disclaimer is that I haven't seen the actual match, just the interview.

I think it's probably a mixture of both. Mourinho is an ass and while I'll always give a manager/player time, I never really thought it would end well.

Having said that, some of these players are absolutely taking the piss and have been frankly since the last year of Poch's tenure.

Raredaredevil

Yeh I know I watch football not for entertainment just for trophies. I know I’d much rather that euphoric feeling for a day rather than enjoying tuning in to watch my team every week. Sorry but trophies are the tip of the iceberg, performances are what you enjoy/hate every week and Mourinho dished up some of the worst entertainment I’ve seen.
You are entitled to your opinion but if you think Ole's style is entertaining, then I have a bridge to sell you! :lol:
At the end of the day, trophies are what counts towards the legacy of a club and manager.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He doesn't seem the type to question himself.
Part of what made him great but why is career will never recover.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Of course it's brilliant. When was the last time we won a trophy? Oh wait.
It is 2021, and only two trophies matter in English football, for major clubs - EPL title and Champions League

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In hindsight, they should never have sacked one of the best managers they have ever had.
Sadly, by the time he left, I think it was almost mutual. Poch is my favourite spurs manager in recent memory and I also loved him as a man. He looked and talked like a burnt out man by the end though and I'm not sure his heart was any longer 100% in it. He needed a break and km glad he got it. I hope he wins a few trophies and then maybe even returns to spurs in the future.

It's even more sad because he'd made it through the lean years and we were finally looking able to start splashing some cash with the stadium done (until covid of course).

The mistake was the Mourinho hiring, or at least present day Mourinho as opposed to 5/10 years ago Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.