Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Question for spurs fans, would you still have Jose as manager next season if he won the League cup ?

Lee565

How can use the excuse that these players aren't good enough when moyes will likely finish above him and playing better football as well.

iHicksy

Jose will end up getting sacked. He's managed to expedite his 3 year cycle into one season. So he's definitely evolving. Usually it takes until year 3 for the following to happen:

Jose "tough" style and stagnant tactics, which mainly involve shutting down the opposition rather than imposing your own teams traits on them starts to fail - players stop believing in him the more they work with him so he decides to send a message to the rest of his squad by picking players based on what he forsees are "strong mental attributes". Ones that he believes that he shares.
This usually leads to him dropping more talented players in favour of players he thinks are tougher mentally. Usually, he'll find a youth player with these traits and start throwing in reserves / squad players as regulars. This sometimes works for a couple of games - until it doesn't. Because they aren't very good. He then comes under even more pressure and starts to throw players under the bus in the media, stating their mental fragility as the reason they don't get in the team any longer. This causes more squad disharmony, the one's in his good graces like this approach at first but as results start to turn he usually goes back to playing some of his more talented players, either starting, or as impact subs. If this works he states that he was impressed with their reaction to him calling them weak and that this is exactly what he wants - his players to prove him wrong.

Anyway, he ends up getting sacked because this simply doesn't work in the long term. But managing to condense this boom bust cycle into a single season Jose has really managed to refine the art of the pay-off.

tomaldinho1

How can use the excuse that these players aren't good enough when moyes will likely finish above him and playing better football as well.
When Moyes is playing more expansive, attacking football than you - regardless of players - you have an issue. When he's doing it with worse players, there is no excuse on earth that can save you.

I'm convinced he's now there purely based off it being too expensive to sack him, otherwise you'd surely try to bring in someone new in the hope of a bounce and the very very unlikely scenario of getting CL. Chelsea fans warned us, we warned Spurs fans and Spurs fans will warn wherever he goes next - the cloud of misery he brings to clubs now actually makes following your team less enjoyable.

Lee565

When Moyes is playing more expansive, attacking football than you - regardless of players - you have an issue. When he's doing it with worse players, there is no excuse on earth that can save you.

I'm convinced he's now there purely based off it being too expensive to sack him, otherwise you'd surely try to bring in someone new in the hope of a bounce and the very very unlikely scenario of getting CL. Chelsea fans warned us, we warned Spurs fans and Spurs fans will warn wherever he goes next - the cloud of misery he brings to clubs now actually makes following your team less enjoyable.
I think mourinho has it in him to be a good manager but fell out of love with football a long time ago and has been going through the motions since his return to Chelsea as he seems to cut a constantly miserable figure that is just in it for the pay days now.

Alemar

I think mourinho has it in him to be a good manager but fell out of love with football a long time ago and has been going through the motions since his return to Chelsea as he seems to cut a constantly miserable figure that is just in it for the pay days now.
So he is essentially a Gareth Bale of managers.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He was crying on sky that he couldn't get a job after United not so long ago. I don't think he's fallen out of love, the game has changed and he has been a passenger on a treadmill with no evolution.

Giggs' right foot

You just know if he ends up winning his treasured Energy Drink Cup, he will say it's the proudest moment of his career. Will be at Palace in a year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of his fans really downplay how shit he is for the clubs, if he got his way, we would have had players like Perisic, Willian, Dier, Rose all stinking up the place, on huge wages and signed for big money.
The summer of 2018 still remains one of the few things Ed has gotten right.

hobbers

Baffling what he's doing at Spurs these past few weeks. A defensive shambles that's been growing all season and meanwhile he's steadily alienating all the clubs competent defenders.

Christ, you're playing Dier and Rodon at centreback. That's like the Spurs equivalent of us playing Fred and Phil Jones there together. You're never going to keep clean sheets with that. Dier has always been a horrendously poor midfielder now shoe-horned into CB, and Rodon probably wouldn't even get a start for Swansea if he went back there. Then you've got Aurier and Reguilon who haven't got any defensive competence at all between them.

Mourinho is supposed to be pragmatic. If you want to be hard to beat play Alderweireld and Sissoko and Hojberg. If those aren't available then you have to push higher up the pitch to give yourself a chance. Kane and Son are genuinely both far better at winning the ball back that any of that Spurs back line.

tomaldinho1

Honestly I think it's just ego and that it's really hard to accept that time is slowly eroding all his past successes in the minds of the average fan. He'll always be remembered as one of the best of all time but his fall from grace and how he is viewed today is so far removed from where he thinks he is, it must really grate on him. If you look at the 'top' managers and how they present themselves to the public, Mou seems more bothered about comparing himself to others and what others are doing than his own team these days. Pep, Klopp, Zidane, Flick, Pochettino, Tuchel (just some CL managers not saying these are the best in any order) I feel like they are hyper obsessed with their team and occasionally they might take some journalist bait and talk about other teams whereas every other presser Mou is commenting on something or reminding everyone of his previous trophies.

MoskvaRed

Jose will end up getting sacked. He's managed to expedite his 3 year cycle into one season. So he's definitely evolving. Usually it takes until year 3 for the following to happen:

Jose "tough" style and stagnant tactics, which mainly involve shutting down the opposition rather than imposing your own teams traits on them starts to fail - players stop believing in him the more they work with him so he decides to send a message to the rest of his squad by picking players based on what he forsees are "strong mental attributes". Ones that he believes that he shares.
This usually leads to him dropping more talented players in favour of players he thinks are tougher mentally. Usually, he'll find a youth player with these traits and start throwing in reserves / squad players as regulars. This sometimes works for a couple of games - until it doesn't. Because they aren't very good. He then comes under even more pressure and starts to throw players under the bus in the media, stating their mental fragility as the reason they don't get in the team any longer. This causes more squad disharmony, the one's in his good graces like this approach at first but as results start to turn he usually goes back to playing some of his more talented players, either starting, or as impact subs. If this works he states that he was impressed with their reaction to him calling them weak and that this is exactly what he wants - his players to prove him wrong.

Anyway, he ends up getting sacked because this simply doesn't work in the long term. But managing to condense this boom bust cycle into a single season Jose has really managed to refine the art of the pay-off.
That reminds me of something else... “The Art of the Pay-off” by Jose Mourinho. Writing it will give him something to do once he runs out of gullible club chairman to fleece.

dinostar77

He doesn't seem to be able to evolve tactically with the times. Stuck in his ways of 15-20 years ago. Dunno why he cant figure out that slagging your players off in public doesnt breed loyalty. Also if he has got the players he needs or the established pros arent listening then bring the kids in who will listen. But no, cant trust them with a tactical plan.

He either needs to move to international management, where his tactics can succeed ala Greece winning the euros. Or move to italy where agin his tactics are more accepted.

It does seem that managers get hung up on a approach/philosophy that served them well a decade or two ago but then can't bring themselves to change. LVG, Wenger, Mourinho to name a few. Its not like they dont have an example to follow i.e. fergie who adapted with the times and welcomed new ideas and methods.

Tony247

Reading The Fighting Cock has been a very disturbing de ja vu of Redcafe when we were managed by Jose.

Djemba-Djemba

Him praising the Utd midfield yesterday for being physically strong and techincally good made me laugh.

He had the likes of Pogba Fred and Mctominay at the club and yet spent months telling the media how shit our squad was. He's such a snake, he was only praising us to put his own team down. I'm convinced of it

Last edited:

Adisa

Him praising the Utd midfield yesterday for being physically strong and techincally good made me laugh.

He had the likes of Pogba Fred and Mctominay at the club and yet spent months telling the media how shit our squad was. He's such a snak, he was only praising us to put his own team down. I'm convinced of it
You are preaching to the choir. Most people here know this. He does it all the time.
Why do you think people wanted him gone after the "heritage" shambles? He puts his team down to elevate his achievements.
Finishing second with Manchester United after spending £250m remains his "greatest achievement". He's a fraud who constantly attempts to gaslight to mask his deficiencies. He probably would deny he called the player that ran the midfield yesterday a virus. His entire ethos is about defending his reputation. He cares about nothing else.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Lucked out with porto. Those incredible teams with Chelsea and Inter really helped his career.
Failed at Madrid.
Then his career has just gone down hill.

Adisa

Remember when he said the entire Sevilla starting XI would get into our side. The man is a has been. A champion boxer who's had too many fights, constantly reminding us how good he is.
He's antics aren't even entertaining anymore, his verbal attack is have no bite. He looks pathetic. Like a miserable uncle no one wants at the family dinner.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Lucked out with porto. Those incredible teams with Chelsea and Inter really helped his career.
Failed at Madrid.
Then his career has just gone down hill.
As much as I cannot stand the man and never wanted him anywhere near Utd, let’s not be silly and downplay his previous achievements.

He was once a top manager who has failed quite spectacularly to adapt.

Robertd0803

Credit to Mou for managing to make one of the more likeable sides in Spurs into one of the most unlikeable, and for making Son a c*nt all in 16 odd months
Yeah I was thinking this earlier. Spurs used to be a team I quite liked and would usually root for as a neutral. Now I’m starting to despise them.
Them handing Liverpool the CL a few years ago started it for me but they have been pretty rotten this season.

I dont think it's bitterness. He is annoying and his methods would annoy any neutral. Pretty much only fans of the club he's managing wouldn't think so.
Think most Spurs fans have turned against him at this point as well.

Tallis

Just when you think this guy can't be any more of a walking-meme, he out-does himself.
I don’t think he has lost it. The media is lapping it up - it’s not been about an Ole inspired Man Utd come back but “Mourinho ripping into Ole”.

He understands that ABU media just need something to turn it around on Utd.

Richard Keys - Ole is embarrassing. That was his takeaway from the game.

spiriticon

I don't understand how he is so shit at organising a defence these days. Even Fat Sam does it better.

The basics of defending hasn't changed in the last 2 decades. Zonal marking, man to man marking, offside trap. It's the same as when he was a good manager and yet the results are so different.

thepolice123

I don't understand how he is so shit at organising a defence these days. Even Fat Sam does it better.

The basics of defending hasn't changed in the last 2 decades. Zonal marking, man to man marking, offside trap. It's the same as when he was a good manager and yet the results are so different.
Its his team's inability to control the midfield that invites pressure to the defence. It was the same with us, he focuses too much on transitions. Subbing Lo Ceslo off for Sissoko was essentially the death knell for them yesterday. He switched to a double pivot and we were able to push men forward and get our attacking midfielders in advanced positions. For example, during the build up to the Cavani goal, all of our players were camped in their half.

RUCK4444

Thank god we got rid of him when we did before he could have done even further damage.

Imagine we had signed Rose and got rid of Shaw only to see the latter play like he is now for another team.

This manager is total suicide for teams with smaller bank balances (like Tottenham.) He simultaneously signs shite/ageing players whilst reducing the value of the clubs existing players that he falls out with. Which is a recipe for disaster and could set a club like Tottenham back decades if they allow that rot to set in.

Tottenham just won't find the likes of Kane and Son again. If they were to leave over the next two summers on top of another two seasons of Mourinho's disastrous man-management and recruitment they could fall over a cliff.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Arteta has been extremely disappointing and has gotten a free ride from the media for some reason. I agree with you.
Yeah, I can’t understand it at all. I know Mourinho has been poor, but at this stage, he still has the fixtures to qualify for Europe and win a trophy. It’s still been really poor.

Arsenal are nowhere and Arteta doesn’t get nearly the same flak.

Status
Not open for further replies.