Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Untd55

Same guy who said this:

What an arse.

He's also the one going around sticking three fingers up when apparently he had "1% of the responsibility" but suppose that doesn't apply to his trophies.
How is this not true? If someone puts in no effort, they are going to be crap at anything.

It is like with exams. Teachers teach, but in the end, 99% of it is to do with you actually revising. Similar with football, managers can tell a player what to do, but if they ignore it or don't even try then the player is never going to be good.

The manager is responsible for the tactics, not the performance of just one player. Otherwise, surely Ferguson should get the blame for Morrison. How much credit does he get for Ronaldo? Ronaldo is the reason he became the best in the world, not Ferguson. If Ronaldo didn't put in as much effort, he would never have become as good no matter who managed him.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Can't believe people get take his match pressers seriously. It never has any indication of what he feels or does. The only time he is truthful I guess is when he has decided enough is enough and I want to be sacked from this s**t.
This. Is it an english thing though? here at least no one talks about what a manager said.

Last edited:

Supports
England
This. Is it an english thing though? here at least no one talks about what a manager said.
I can only speak English and some Italian, but, in my experience of the Italian online football media, they seem to be similar to us in relative proportion of coverage. I'm sure there is some variation between countries and cultures but focus on managers' interviews etc. certainly doesn't seem to be an exclusively English or British thing.

It would be very difficult for anyone to answer conclusively, given that we'd need multiple opinions from people who can speak all of the languages of the major footballing nations and who have significant and balanced exposure to media from all of them.

Supports
England
The thing is, there's only so many times you're going to get away with it unless your players are simply better than everyone else's and those 'out of nothing goals' are commonplace rather than something that may or may not happen.
That's basically what Jose's strategy seems to be though: get the ball up to Kane or Son and rely on their individual brilliance combining for goals. Of course it's going to work some of the time because Kane and Son are phenomenal, world class forwards who both outperform their xG more than almost anyone else in Europe. But when one or both are injured, not firing, or just unlucky, everything falls apart -- they can't even rely on not conceding and hoping for the draw or sneaky 1-0. They've gone from being the Harry Kane Team to the Kane & Son Show.

This dependence on fantastic forwards playing well is, I would suggest, why Spurs' results are so unstable: there's no clear system or philosophy at work, other than bypassing as much of the pitch as possible on the way to Kane and Son. In Jose's defence, however, the team behind Kane and Son is, with few exceptions, painfully average, to the point that you could argue that Jose is merely trying to play to his squad's strengths.

Spurs will wreck teams other than Southampton just as badly or worse this season (frankly, Kane was unlucky not to add another two goals to the damage, with both discounted through little fault of his own). They're also going to suffer some shocking defeats. They can already count themselves very lucky not to have been dumped out of the EL by that team whose name presently escapes me -- Ndombele's late goal there was a fluke.

Spurs won't come close to winning silverware with this combination of top-heavy squad and defensive manager. Their game is much too unreliable and inconsistent to win competitions.

Supports
England
He loves Harry Kane.

Can you blame him? Ignoring partisan rivalries, what fan of football doesn't? His passing and finishing is a joy to behold. And, quite aside from his obvious quality, by all available accounts, he's a manager's wet dream in terms of professionalism, effort in training, working for the team, and obeying tactical instruction.

youmeletsfly

How is this not true? If someone puts in no effort, they are going to be crap at anything.

It is like with exams. Teachers teach, but in the end, 99% of it is to do with you actually revising. Similar with football, managers can tell a player what to do, but if they ignore it or don't even try then the player is never going to be good.

The manager is responsible for the tactics, not the performance of just one player. Otherwise, surely Ferguson should get the blame for Morrison. How much credit does he get for Ronaldo? Ronaldo is the reason he became the best in the world, not Ferguson. If Ronaldo didn't put in as much effort, he would never have become as good no matter who managed him.
There is a principle in team management: If your team performs, it's their merit, if your team doesn't, then it's on you as a manager.

The basis of employement and having a job is to work and give 100%. The role of a manager is to guide, instruct, coach, direct and make sure the level of performance is kept.
If one of your employees is not performing, it's firstly your fault as a manager, that's your fecking job, to make people perform.
Also, your job as a manager is to shut the feck up and not discuss your employee's performance in public. That's not even part of the job, it's a basic principle.

What Jose is actually saying in that interview. Yes we have Dele, he's on 150kpw, he kinda doesn't really wanna play or put in the effort, but it's on him. No it's on fecking you to manage him fecking muppet.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Can you blame him? Ignoring partisan rivalries, what fan of football doesn't? His passing and finishing is a joy to behold. And, quite aside from his obvious quality, by all available accounts, he's a manager's wet dream in terms of professionalism, effort in training, working for the team, and obeying tactical instruction.
I love Harry Kane as well.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Mou said nothing wrong. Just like no coach in the world, no matter SAF, Pep, or Klopp, can motivate Adebayor to perform on the pitch after he signed his big fat contract. He only played for contract renewal. No matter how good you are as a coach that is simply mission impossible.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In advanced talks to sign Skriniar apparently.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is getting all his wishes regarding players, no Cl football and imo, has pretty good squad. He will get top4 this year. Next year when he will want/must attack the title comes meltdown

DRM

He won't be sacked this year. Despite what everyone says about him, he's still a very competent manager and now he's got a frightening trio upfront with son, kane and bale. He will do well

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is having in Spurs exactly team which suits him. Quick and lethal wingers, top class classic no9, hard working midfield and good defence (if he buys Skriniar). Without spoiled stars. Kane and Son are top players but they are 100% focused on games and he is not in danger to be caught in fight with someone (important) there.
It will not be some dream football but he it will got him results.

No excuses fir him now anymore. He is there to bring top 4 this year. If he fails, it is on him and if he brings results it is on him. If he fails, he is done at highest level.

Untd55

There is a principle in team management: If your team performs, it's their merit, if your team doesn't, then it's on you as a manager.

The basis of employement and having a job is to work and give 100%. The role of a manager is to guide, instruct, coach, direct and make sure the level of performance is kept.
If one of your employees is not performing, it's firstly your fault as a manager, that's your fecking job, to make people perform.
Also, your job as a manager is to shut the feck up and not discuss your employee's performance in public. That's not even part of the job, it's a basic principle.

What Jose is actually saying in that interview. Yes we have Dele, he's on 150kpw, he kinda doesn't really wanna play or put in the effort, but it's on him. No it's on fecking you to manage him fecking muppet.
This completely removes any responsibility of the employee. You have to remember these are adults, not children.

What is this magic way that you can get someone who can't be bothered to suddenly be bothered? There could a multitude of reasons why Alli can't be bothered: bored of being at Tottenham, bored of football, just generally become lazy etc. How exactly do you change that? Expecially when he is already on a massive wage.

It is even worse in football because you can't even threaten to sack them due to contracts. So long as they turn up, they are meeting their obligations.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having in Spurs exactly team which suits him. Quick and lethal wingers, top class classic no9, hard working midfield and good defence (if he buys Skriniar). Without spoiled stars. Kane and Son are top players but they are 100% focused on games and he is not in danger to be caught in fight with someone (important) there.

No excuses fir him now anymore. He is there to bring top 4 this year. If he fails, it is on him and if he brings results it is on him. If he fails, he is done at highest level.
People always say this ignoring all the fights he had with players like Terry (Chelsea's first stint), Ronaldo, Ramos, whole Madrid team, Fabregas who all were praised for their professionalism.

Jose will fall out with everyone except very few.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
People always say this ignoring all the fights he had with players like Terry (Chelsea's first stint), Ronaldo, Ramos, whole Madrid team, Fabregas who all were praised for their professionalism.

Most top level managers are going to, feck Fergie had his fair share of falling outs and public critisism of player, its the nature of the job. Granted Jose is far from his most glorious years so far but managers and players falling out is no knew thing.

roonster09

Scout
Most top level managers are going to, feck Fergie had his fair share of falling outs and public critisism of player, its the nature of the job. Granted Jose is far from his most glorious years so far but managers and players falling out is no knew thing.
It's like repeat of 2016 all over again, people always come up with "what about SAF" to defend. SAF never lost dressing room, he falls out with one or two player and they will be gone.

Managers falling out with players is common but Jose is at next level, losing dressing room in 4 out of last 5 clubs.

MUFC OK

Being backed more at a club that's just paid for a new stadium than supposedly the biggest club in the country - what a shambles we are.

Spurs will do better than last season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's like repeat of 2016 all over again, people always come up with "what about SAF" to defend. SAF never lost dressing room, he falls out with one or two player and they will be gone.

Managers falling out with players is common but Jose is at next level, losing dressing room in 4 out of last 5 clubs.
I agree Jose can be more toxic than most, and sorry I could add Pep to a manager who has a decent list of players he fell out with. The problem is, players simply have the power, a player plays badly/under perfomrs what can a manager really do? Talk to him? Talk to him again? Criticise him.... then what? The only option in modern day football is to sell him. With regards to Dele, hes being dreaming for the last 2-3 season, and I for one would happily sell him. He will be just another young player who regrets the actions of his youth.

roonster09

Scout
I agree Jose can be more toxic than most, and sorry I could add Pep to a manager who has a decent list of players he fell out with. The problem is, players simply have the power, a player plays badly/under perfomrs what can a manager really do? Talk to him? Talk to him again? Criticise him.... then what? The only option in modern day football is to sell him. With regards to Dele, hes being dreaming for the last 2-3 season, and I for one would happily sell him. He will be just another young player who regrets the actions of his youth.
Again difference is, Pep won't lose dressing room. He will fall out with one player and he will be gone. How many managers have lost dressing room as consistently as Jose?

It's actually ironic he moans about players, he is such a "me me" twat.

"I won 3 titles at ManUtd" when it was all good. When the going gets tough "Players are spoilt and they don't put effort". Winning = Jose's effort. Losing = Players not putting effort.

Glad he is gone, anyways whatever I say won't make you change your mind, just like how Chelsea fans tried back in 2016. Just give it a time, we will be arguing same points against maybe West Ham fans.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Again difference is, Pep won't lose dressing room. He will fall out with one player and he will be gone. How many managers have lost dressing room as consistently as Jose?

It's actually ironic he moans about players, he is such a "me me" twat.

"I won 3 titles at ManUtd" when it was all good. When the going gets tough "Players are spoilt and they don't put effort". Winning = Jose's effort. Losing = Players not putting effort.

Glad he is gone, anyways whatever I say won't make you change your mind, just like how Chelsea fans tried back in 2016. Just give it a time, we will be arguing same points against maybe West Ham fans.
I know exactly whats he is like, I know it could all go tits up, but what exactly do you want Spurs fans to do? Call for him to be axed, moan about him being here? No point, might as well get on with it and back him until it goes sour.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Being a pro and being hard character (primmadona) are two different things. Ronaldo and Ramos are pros all the way but with huge egos. Players who are powerful in their club and among players. Manager must think twice what he will say or do to that players.
Kane, Son or anybody else in Spurs don't look (at least for me) like that.

roonster09

Scout
Being a pro and being hard character (primmadona) are two different things. Ronaldo and Ramos are pros all the way but with huge egos. Players who are powerful in their club and among players. Manager must think twice what he will say or do to that players.
Kane, Son or anybody else in Spurs don't look (at least for me) like that.
Wait till he fall out with them and you people will come up with what a huge egoistic players they are.

Ronaldo has been playing for close to 20 years, only manager who fell out with him was Jose. Don't remember any manager falling out with Fabregas, Hazard, Ramos. Looks like common problem is Jose.

Chief123

Spurs fans were on the brink after the opening day defeat. It’s got a little bit giddy since their 5-1 win. I fully expect a Jose meltdown and calls for his sacking before the season is up.

You can give Jose all the players in the world, but the tumescent football will just drive you into insanity. He’s never changed and he ain’t going to change now.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Wait till he fall out with them and you people will come up with what a huge egoistic players they are.

Ronaldo has been playing for close to 20 years, only manager who fell out with him was Jose. Don't remember any manager falling out with Fabregas, Hazard, Ramos. Looks like common problem is Jose.
Pep and Fabrigas didnt have a great relationship, When Fabrigas was asked who the best managers he worked for were he said Jose and Wenger :lol:.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs fans were on the brink after the opening day defeat. It’s got a little bit giddy since their 5-1 win. I fully expect a Jose meltdown and calls for his sacking before the season is up.

You can give Jose all the players in the world, but the tumescent football will just drive you into insanity. He’s never changed and he ain’t going to change now.
This is a funny post, when given some context of opening fixtures. :wenger:

roonster09

Scout
Pep and Fabrigas didnt have a great relationship, When Fabrigas was asked who the best managers he worked for were he said Jose and Wenger :lol:.
So? That doesn't mean Pep and Fabregas fell out with each other. IIRC they played one season together.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Look, now it will (again) sound that i am defending Jose. :) . But Porto, Inter and Chelsea players (first time) speak highly about him. And lots of other (big) players do like Modric and Zlatan. He is hard man to work with, no doubt about it but he is old school "I am the boss" manager. Show some respect".
And i don't agree with Cristiano. He had problems with Sarri also. Him and Ramos are players who want to be treated more than a players. Hard egos. With manager like Jose it can't work in a long run.

Chief123

This is a funny post, when given some context of opening fixtures. :wenger:
Just my opinion mate. As Utd fans and Chelsea fans too, we’ve all been through the same journey. The excitement and buzz of having Jose in charge who oozes authority and arrogance to make you believe he’s got this all under control.

Followed by players getting on board and grinding out a good run of results despite playing some pretty dull football. Then comes the rocky patch of results where players question whether it’s the right way to play football and Jose starts digging out everyone and anyone except himself.

I don’t wanna spoil the story too much for you but the movie always plays out the same way when Jose is the director. :)

roonster09

Scout
Look, now it will (again) sound that i am defending Jose. :) . But Porto, Inter and Chelsea players (first time) speak highly about him. And lots of other (big) players do like Modric and Zlatan. He is hard man to work with, no doubt about it but he is old school "I am the boss" manager. Show some respect".
And i don't agree with Cristiano. He had problems with Sarri also. Him and Ramos are players who want to be treated more than a players. Hard egos. With manager like Jose it can't work in a long run.
Speaking highly doesn't mean he didn't lose dressing room. Most times, time heals everything. It's a game of football, they won't be holding grudges. There are many articles from his time at Chelsea and also reports how players went to Roman to get him sacked, later few players (Who were named in papers) denied it. There was lot of smoke at that time.

What problems with Sarri? Players and managers saying one or two things is not falling out. At Chelsea and Madrid, it was mutiny or close to it.

With Jose, Winning = "I won the trophies", losing = Players didn't put effort. He takes 0 responsibilities for his actions, always blames anyone and everyone. To make it all worse (also ironic that he mentioned this point in the video), he uses press and his pals to shit on players.

Chelsea first time, Madrid, Chelsea second time (with almost completely different set of players), ManUtd. That's 4 out of 5 clubs where he lost dressing room and for sacked. Looks obvious where the problem is.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Speaking highly doesn't mean he didn't lose dressing room. Most times, time heals everything. It's a game of football, they won't be holding grudges. There are many articles from his time at Chelsea and also reports how players went to Roman to get him sacked, later few players (Who were named in papers) denied it. There was lot of smoke at that time.

What problems with Sarri? Players and managers saying one or two things is not falling out. At Chelsea and Madrid, it was mutiny or close to it.

With Jose, Winning = "I won the trophies", losing = Players didn't put effort. He takes 0 responsibilities for his actions, always blames anyone and everyone. To make it all worse (also ironic that he mentioned this point in the video), he uses press and his pals to shit on players.

Chelsea first time, Madrid, Chelsea second time (with almost completely different set of players), ManUtd. That's 4 out of 5 clubs where he lost dressing room and for sacked. Looks obvious where the problem is.
Tbf, he said that he deserved to be sacked in United

hmchan

That's basically what Jose's strategy seems to be though: get the ball up to Kane or Son and rely on their individual brilliance combining for goals. Of course it's going to work some of the time because Kane and Son are phenomenal, world class forwards who both outperform their xG more than almost anyone else in Europe. But when one or both are injured, not firing, or just unlucky, everything falls apart -- they can't even rely on not conceding and hoping for the draw or sneaky 1-0. They've gone from being the Harry Kane Team to the Kane & Son Show.

This dependence on fantastic forwards playing well is, I would suggest, why Spurs' results are so unstable: there's no clear system or philosophy at work, other than bypassing as much of the pitch as possible on the way to Kane and Son. In Jose's defence, however, the team behind Kane and Son is, with few exceptions, painfully average, to the point that you could argue that Jose is merely trying to play to his squad's strengths.

Spurs will wreck teams other than Southampton just as badly or worse this season (frankly, Kane was unlucky not to add another two goals to the damage, with both discounted through little fault of his own). They're also going to suffer some shocking defeats. They can already count themselves very lucky not to have been dumped out of the EL by that team whose name presently escapes me -- Ndombele's late goal there was a fluke.

Spurs won't come close to winning silverware with this combination of top-heavy squad and defensive manager. Their game is much too unreliable and inconsistent to win competitions.
We too rely very much on Martial and Bruno's individual brilliance combining for goals.

hmchan

When Dele kind of revived last season, no one gave Mourinho any credit; now when he's dropped, it's Mourinho's fault. It seems to me winning = player's effort and losing = manager's incapability.

Supports
England

Good post. I agree.

hmchan

We rely on Rashford's individual brilliance to get the goal, send an extra defender on and park the bus to defend our lead just like the way Mourinho does all the time. Yet, I see few criticize Ole for the same approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.