Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinC00

I certainly would have been happier if we got a point against Crystal Palace at OT. Jose got a point. We didn't get any. We didn't drop two points. We dropped all three points.
Wasn't that our first match after no pre-season? and Palace had a full pre-season and had a match a week before where they beat Southampton?

Meanwhile going into the match today Spurs were supposed to be the most in-form team in the league

Classical Mechanic

I didnt see the match, just the highlights, but looks like Spurs should have won that game, they had incredible chances to go up 2-1 again but Guaita's saves were amazing
Depends how you look at it. The xG was slightly in Crystal Palace’s favour as they had a number of openings too. Ndombele had a big chance that was a great save but his save from Kane would have been a freak goal and his save from Dier’s freekick I think most keepers would have made.

Redfrog

It is slightly better than getting battered by them at home. To go with the defeat to them the season before.
It was the first game of the season when we didn't have preseason and played against a team who was much fitter then us because they played more games and had already played in the league.
That seems very hard to understand...

acnumber9

It was the first game of the season when we didn't have preseason and played against a team who was much fitter then us because they played more games and had already played in the league.
That seems very hard to understand...
And last season?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
On another day we sign 2 or 3 goals - their keeper was amazing apart from the error. Having said that the draw was probably a fair result as we were pretty awful in the second half. Massive, massive game on Wednesday night. Also - well done Fulham! :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Depends how you look at it. The xG was slightly in Crystal Palace’s favour as they had a number of openings too. Ndombele had a big chance that was a great save but his save from Kane would have been a freak goal and his save from Dier’s freekick I think most keepers would have made.
Expected goals is a pointless stat over one game,
It's designed to be used over the course of a season not one game only...
Sorry to be pedantic but it's a real annoyance of mine!!

Redfrog

And last season?
When was that ? When he played with Lingard and Andreas ?

I am not saying Ole is perfect but much better then Mourinho for us. I know Mourinho won everything but was never a good fit for United. The man is only about himself and never cared for the club.

Classical Mechanic

Expected goals is a pointless stat over one game,
It's designed to be used over the course of a season not one game only...
Sorry to be pedantic but it's a real annoyance of mine!!
It isn’t supposed to only be used over the course of a season at all. It can be used over the course of a single game as it grades the quality of chances created and conceded to give an idea of the balance of the game. In this case a draw was a fair result.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Spurs incredibly disappointing today. Liverpool ain't gonna drop many points.

acnumber9

When was that ? When he played with Lingard and Andreas ?

I am not saying Ole is perfect but much better then Mourinho for us. I know Mourinho won everything but was never a good fit for United. The man is only about himself and never cared for the club.
No, just Lingard. Against the attacking might of Schlupp and Ayew.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
It isn’t supposed to only be used over the course of a season at all. It can be used over the course of a single game as it grades the quality of chances created and conceded to give an idea of the balance of the game. In this case a draw was a fair result.
No, it can't be used over a single game.
When will people realise this :houllier:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Its best use is in the overall league table, if you look at the XP table in season's since these metrics came into play (14/15) it's actually unreal how many things it forecasted accurately (City dominance, United/Chelsea's Mourinho season three's, Arsenal's fall to what they are now off the top of my head).

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Liverpool drew against a worse side, Chelsea and Arsenal lost, United were woeful, yet it's the Spurs/Mourinho threads getting all the clicks! No idea why but it's a bit baffling...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Which keeper has been better this season?
Firstly Mourinho didn't specify this season when he called Lloris the best in the league, secondly 12 games in is no amount of time to be calling anyone the best this season in any position I mean look at West Ham high flying at the moment no ones going to convince me that's a reflection of them being the 6th best team in the league

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs incredibly disappointing today. Liverpool ain't gonna drop many points.
Think a draw was a fair result, both teams had good moments. Spurs dominated the first 30 and last 10-15, the rest all Palace. Palace keeper should be doing better for that first goal but made two absolutely stunning saves after that. Kane did everything right on that header, off to the keepers left, with force into the ground and Guaita still managed to save it from close range. Was kind of odd in the second half Spurs waited until Palace equalised to actually decide to play.

Palace tbf look a good team, not sure how they are sitting in 11th. Feel they deserve a bit of credit for coming out in the second half and pushing Spurs back for the equaliser.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Firstly Mourinho didn't specify this season when he called Lloris the best in the league, secondly 12 games in is no amount of time to be calling anyone the best this season in any position I mean look at West Ham high flying at the moment no ones going to convince me that's a reflection of them being the 6th best team in the league
So you can't name anybody better this season then i assume. Lloris is certainly one of the best in the league and has proved it. This season he has been in top form.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So you can't name anybody better this season then i assume. Lloris is certainly one of the best in the league and has proved it. This season he has been in top form.
:lol:

So you ask a question that didn't warrant asking given what I posted and then get smug because I didn't answer it. Fine I'll play along, this season so far best keeper for me would be between Pope and Mendy. Best keeper in the league full stop probably Alisson if he stays fit for enough of it and then Pope

littleman

The bitterness from posters here about Mou is amusing..

The man is doing a great job at the moment and on a high, he has every right to enjoy it. His statements like that about Lloris are not outright lies.

It's really petty of our posters to chase him down like this. Do we have nothing better to do?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Dunno about that, he called Lloris the best keeper in the league today:lol::lol::lol:
He does it all the time. Said Drogba was better than Ronaldo when he was at Chelsea, then said Zlatan as the best player in the world when he was at Inter.

Lloris isn't even best keeper in London.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The bitterness from posters here about Mou is amusing..

The man is doing a great job at the moment and on a high, he has every right to enjoy it. His statements like that about Lloris are not outright lies.

It's really petty of our posters to chase him down like this. Do we have nothing better to do?
Its hilarious. Posters give him grief for 'throwing players under the bus' and also when he praises his players saying how much he rates then. He can't win here. Not only that Spurs fans get abuse for daring to support him because Utd fans know best and because they hate him we should hate him too.

Most people in here are desperate to shout 'we told you so' when Jose is inevitably sacked (as every manager is eventually) and will ignore any good thing he did. I suspect even if he managed to win the League with Spurs that would be down played somehow 'all other teams were shit, etc.' rather than give him any credit. I honestly think its so sad its funny.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Its hilarious. Posters give him grief for 'throwing players under the bus' and also when he praises his players saying how much he rates then. He can't win here. Not only that Spurs fans get abuse for daring to support him because Utd fans know best and because they hate him we should hate him too.

Most people in here are desperate to shout 'we told you so' when Jose is inevitably sacked (as every manager is eventually) and will ignore any good thing he did. I suspect even if he managed to win the League with Spurs that would be down played somehow 'all other teams were shit, etc.' rather than give him any credit. I honestly think its so sad its funny.
Its odd that people somehow think that Jose won't get any criticism on ManUtd forum.

Classical Mechanic

No, it can't be used over a single game.
When will people realise this :houllier:
Its best use is in the overall league table, if you look at the XP table in season's since these metrics came into play (14/15) it's actually unreal how many things it forecasted accurately (City dominance, United/Chelsea's Mourinho season three's, Arsenal's fall to what they are now off the top of my head).
It can't be used as a longer term predictor with data from a single game for obvious reasons, which is what I assume you are talking about. It can be used over a single game as an indicator of the balance of play, which team created the better chances.

Even so, you can still deduce trends and make predictions with a much smaller sample than a full season.

This blog gives a good explanation

https://soccermatics.medium.com/sho...ed-goals-a-guide-for-journalists-2cf0c7ec6bb6

It is here that expected goals offer a glimmer of hope. Expected goals are a measure of chances created, and thus give a better measure of the quality of a team during a single match than goals. They typically contain less noise and more signal.

Caley Graphics actually had Palace significantly ahead of Spurs in terms of xG yesterday

This is why I said it depends how you look at it. Spurs worked the keeper from lower probability chances whilst Palace were weak in terms of finishing from better chances on average. This was apparent from watching the game. Consistently scoring from lower probability chances over the course of a season is highly unlikely, however.

You don't even need xG to tell you that Spurs's attacking form is going to be highly likely unsustainable. On current form Kane is projected to get 60 goals and assists in the league over the course of a full season and Son 44. At the other end of the pitch, if you look at post shot xG this season, then Lloris has faced the easist shots of any keeper in the league on average. Unless Spurs start to create more 'big' chances and concede less 'big' chances in games then a title push is highly unlikely.

If you looked at the xG data for the first 8 games or so the two sides in obvious 'false positions' were Spurs and Burnley so lets see how the season pans out for those two sides.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Its odd that people somehow think that Jose won't get any criticism on ManUtd forum.
Not saying he shouldn't get criticism at all. There is such a negative agenda against him here though that goes way further than normal criticism.:rolleyes:

roonster09

Scout
Not saying he shouldn't get criticism at all. There is such a negative agenda against him here though that goes way further than normal criticism.:rolleyes:
There is as much worshipping too, few ManUtd fans are desperate for Spurs win so that they can celebrate "Mou's victories".

He says some odd things about ManUtd or players, ManUtd fans criticize him and then his worshippers and Spurs fans come out saying how ManUtd fans are bitter. Just becuase he is a Spurs manager doesn't mean we have to forget how toxic he was here.

Grande

Liverpool drew against a worse side, Chelsea and Arsenal lost, United were woeful, yet it's the Spurs/Mourinho threads getting all the clicks! No idea why but it's a bit baffling...
United drawing City and Spurs drawing Crystal Palace, yet there are 10 ‘Ole in/out’ discussion threads and one Mourinho thread on the front page.

It’s pretty simple: The more ‘United manager’ you are, the more people are gonna have different agendas for or against you on a United forum.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

You dont have to imagine.

We trashed finishing 2nd and eropa league winner.

cyberman

Utd have 1 draw in a tricky 5 game run that came v Man fecking City after a soul searching loss v RBL.
How much criticism do you think Ole deserves? Especially when Spurs drawing is literally down to Joses tactic of sitting back after scoring. More so after his smug comments after the Arsenal and Chelsea games about sitting back in the exact same way.

roonster09

Scout
Maybe because you didn't read other threads at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.