Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Shhh, don't tell Poch fans that. Some of them even think he plays a 4-3-3 formation.
I think most know Spurs have been playing shite football for about a year now, doesn't mean that Poch didn't have them playing some good football prior to that.
To be honest I always likened Poch to LVG type style

JohnnyLaw

That's his real problem. Some of his better players want out and will be off on a free transfer, they probably give zero fecks.
Vertonghen, Eriksen and Alderweireld?

He’s always done well with more mature squads, maybe his personality and the promise of silverware can sway 1 or 2 of them. But if he can’t persuade them, those players are probably already out of favour with the club and fans so at least at Spurs he’ll have the backing of the supporters to go on and deal with it, which he didn’t have here.

meamth

I actually find him one of the least charismatic.
Say what you want mate, but he has all the attributes of a charismatic guy. Good looking, when he talks (albeit in not so fluent english) eyes on him, his words are entertaining, his reactions are entertaining, he remembers names...etc.

You might not find him charismatic, but that's natural, you can't force someone to like The Rock or Stone Cold if you can't get attracted to them. (No homo)

meamth

Sabbatical breaks can change a person.

I'm sure he has some new outlook on the game after being a pundit..

izec

It is definitely a short term gain for both Jose and Spurs, and that is what they are looking for. I imagine they will look for a long term manager in the coming years. Spurs will probably have some short term success (Fa Cup, Europa League maybe, League cup). Jose also gains by being out there, picking up nice wages along the way and maybe adding another smaller trophy or two to his name. He will then say he won Spurs the first trophy as a big achievement and all that. Some on the forum will blow his cock of course, as usual. We will see some lost and forgotten posters return due to Jose having a job in the PL again.

Cant wait for the third season bust up though :drool:

KennyBurner

Im sorry but this life is too hilarious. Can you believe this time last year we thought pochettino would be the one taking mourinhos job? Also didn’t mourinho say he would never manage another English club in respect to Chelsea? That just shows you the man has no morals. Money is the only thing the man cares about.

Still I’ve got to be honest I’m a bit worried given the type of man he is. He is a terrible human being with a great mentality. All he cares about is winning. I have no doubt he will try and bring in quality ready made players. Spurs already have a great first team so the Job shouldn’t be as difficult as it was at United.

I think we should all place bets on Bale back to Tottenham this January. If it does happen Tottenham could very much end up with a trophy. The FA cup perhaps?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Interesting. I feel like this a good move from Jose. He needs to surround himself with coaches who have new ideas.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
A bit generalistic and no where close to the truth if were looking back over 9 months I am afraid, we have been playing shite football for some time.
He is the polar opposite in terms of all the values Poch was always so happy he could live out at Tottenham. the Project, doing things the right way, other metrics than trophies also matter, developing youth, etc.

All that has been thrown out the window for the ultimate short term success manager. And spurs were so happy to do a 180 on all that that they paid him double.

The classic case of dating a bird for years that was still somewhat attractive even though she carried some lard on the sides and didn't really care much about her body and you feel like you're putting more effort into the relationship than her. Then she dumps you, gets utterly fit and you learn quickly on the grapevine that suddenly there is no sexual position she won't do for her new washed up boyfriend who treats her like shit but was a hot item back in high school.

It's the kinda dick move that could make a manager run to celebrate in front of the spurs crowd the next time he wins against them.

cyberman

A good move for him. Big enough that winning and keeping up with big boys is enough while small enough that he doesnt get criticised for setting out defensivley at Anfield etc.
Kane can cover for a lot of limitations in his approach, he just needs to sort out that defence but the problem is its hard to get a new manager bounce when half the side still wants to leave

Zoo

Interesting. I feel like this a good move from Jose. He needs to surround himself with coaches who have new ideas.

I was just thinking about Faria. If this is true then I wouldn't be optimistic if I was a Spurs fan.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Say what you want mate, but he has all the attributes of a charismatic guy. Good looking, when he talks (albeit in not so fluent english) eyes on him, his words are entertaining, his reactions are entertaining, he remembers names...etc.

You might not find him charismatic, but that's natural, you can't force someone to like The Rock or Stone Cold if you can't get attracted to them. (No homo)
He was charismatic when he arrived at Chelsea. Now hes a past it bitter man who shits on the clubs he works for to big himself up.

Bestietom

If Ole fails, then Poch is free to Join us now. But I hope that Ole is allowed to see this rebuilding through. All depending on results and improvement at the end of the season.

Red1968

I just cant see him being successful. He lost his mojo at the end of the 2nd Chelsea stint and his enormous ego just couldn't make up for it. He was a shadow of himself when he was here. Spurs are great team on paper (just like we were when Jose took over) but will react badly to his style of control freak management.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He is the polar opposite in terms of all the values Poch was always so happy he could live out at Tottenham. the Project, doing things the right way, other metrics than trophies also matter, developing youth, etc.

All that has been thrown out the window for the ultimate short term success manager. And spurs were so happy to do a 180 on all that that they paid him double.

It's the kinda dick move that could make a manager run to celebrate in front of the spurs crowd the next time he wins against them.
Poch had lost the dressing room, there was no come back for him. There was no point in keeping him, Levy and Jose have known each other for a long time. Jose may have changed his ways who knows? Will either be a success or an complete cluster feck, I am excited and nervous. I liked Poch a lot but his cryptic press conferences had started to annoy me and a lot of other fans. I wish him well where ever he goes, but time to move on.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ha, I wish he had of, at the end it was some bastardised diamond formation.
To be fair, the narrow diamond formation is one of the most balanced and complete when well implemented, but it has issues in case the defensive roles on the wings are not properly drilled and the midfielders don't start overload each others.

But it is a formation that your team can adapt easily to any tactical situation but for it to work you really need minimum two high energy midfielders, at least one versatile forward and a very complete CAM who knows how to properly help to close the space.
The defensive midfielder needs to be a very disciplined and intelligent player on his off ball movement.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I just cant see him being successful. He lost his mojo at the end of the 2nd Chelsea stint and his enormous ego just couldn't make up for it. He was a shadow of himself when he was here. Spurs are great team on paper (just like we were when Jose took over) but will react badly to his style of control freak management.
From the recent reports today, our squad already had that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Poch had lost the dressing room, there was no come back for him. There was no point in keeping him, Levy and Jose have known each other for a long time. Jose may have changed his ways who knows? Will either be a success or an complete cluster feck, I am excited and nervous. I liked Poch a lot but his cryptic press conferences had started to annoy me and a lot of other fans. I wish him well where ever he goes, but time to move on.
Poch lost the dressing room or Levy did?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Doesn't change the fact that levy has been a bit of a dick to poch in all this.

padzilla

Hipster
I wonder will he look at Carrick or McKenna that he worked with under us?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

This is an overlooked point - people can change and learn. Jose is extremely intelligent.

I think there is zero chance that he changes his football philosophy - he has always seemed convinced that his way works and he has a lot of examples to justify that. Largely though that was based on his ability to convince players to run through walls for him. I felt watching him manage United that he had fallen out of love with football, or more specifically football players, and its a huge part of why cracks start to appear and everything implodes. If he can get back to being the same character that he was at Chelsea first time around, he will be a formidable manager. Being so narcissistic however, it makes me think he is probably unable to identify his own personality faults.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I think he spoke about assembling a new team some months back.
Yeah he did and it's the right move. Staying with the same coaches for years can get stale. You need to freshen it up and bring new ideas to the table.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Pochettino is the real winner here. He didn't want to be there. Now he walks away with a huge payout and gets free reign to choose his next club without the hassle of dealing with Levy. I suspect there might have been a glass or two of expensive wine sunk by him last night.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How? Poch coming out saying he would quit Tottenham is he won the CL? Cryptic pressers saying he maybe wasn't the man for spurs anymore, then doing a complete flip saying he needed time to rebuild? Wht should Levy have done, just sit and let the form get worse? This has been going on since January, its no real shock TBH.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Didn't Jose have one before he joined United...