Jose wants to return

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He did alright at Roma - won them a European trophy (the only one in their history?) and got them to a final which he lost on PK. Given Roma's budget and the forced sales to avoid FFP I think it's a respectable record.

I don't like his brand of football, but can't argue with the results. And while he hasn't been good enough for United, he's been the best manager post Fergie results-wise.
Why do people keep saying this?!? I feel like I’ve gone through the looking glass here. WTF? Who cares?! They’ve all been shite. Being the best out of a bunch of shite managers is not a reason to hire him!!

Cantonagotmehere

Bring him back, burn it down, burn it to the ground..... :)

Seriously though , I am a big fan of Jose, but no way in Hades he will get the job here again. But as one said above, what a story if he came and succeeded.

tomaldinho1

Don’t think he’d ever accept interim and doubt we’d ever go for that. He’d ruin Garnachos progress
He’d bite Sir Jim’s hand off for an interim. Can’t see him at a top club again now, so expensive and volatile.

Suedesi

Why do people keep saying this?!? I feel like I’ve gone through the looking glass here. WTF? Who cares?! They’ve all been shite. Being the best out of a bunch of shite managers is not a reason to hire him!!
Relax, I wasn't leading the charge for his coronation. Just laying out the landscape, that's all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You have a very short memory. It was most definitely with shit football. We had a brief period of time before he coached out LvG’ s passing team where we looked like a side who could keep the ball and also attack when necessary, after that it was pure Jose attrition-ball. I’d sooner take LvG back than that “Sevilla are a better club that United” arsewipe, feck no.
Really wasn't as bad as you say. You've predictably over exagerrated his low moments and forget how up and down Ole was whilst actually not having won anything in the process and having a lot more time.

Rex Banner

I would pack it in. This would be one of the very few things that would make me actively stop watching.
Same. Anyone who thinks this would be a good idea needs their head examining.

I don't even think Mourinho thinks it would work out. He's just putting his name out there cos he's desperate for another big job.

Suedesi

There’s been a bunch of people making the same claim. I just find it so strange. Who cares where he sits relative to other failures? All we know for a fact is that he also failed. That’s all that matters.
It depends on what you're after. Some people are hunting for crumbs of progress others are fantasizing about stumbling upon the next Fergie...

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
This certainly engaged the forum. Ten Hag's predecessors should take turns making these "threats".

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Ole was disaster. Not just because of lack results. He set up casual mentality which stuck in and can't go away.
Also, this rewriting history about his football is becoming laughable. Except first few months his football was awful. Parking the bus and waiting on counter attack. Even Jose didn't do that (except in few bigger games). Failed Cardiff manager did it every week.

Biggest difference between him and Jose were in EL finals. While Jose prepared team perfectly for Ajax game and studied every single detail, remember what Ole did?
"We didn't prepare specially for Villareal. We are Man Utd and we play our style. I told players to enjoy themselves". What a plonker
A whole world of difference between Ajax and Sevilla.

BuzzKillington

Really wasn't as bad as you say. You've predictably over exagerrated his low moments and forget how up and down Ole was whilst actually not having won anything in the process and having a lot more time.
I’m not defending Ole, he was shit too.

I’ve jumped on to the caf to see if we have signed any players on deadline day as I’ve been busy at work all day, and this fecking thread is top of the list.

I’m just genuinely stunned that anybody can have an opinion other than “feck no”.

You’ve clearly exorcised his whole “rest defence” football style and his shitting on the club as well as the players from your mind.

I agree our players are largely shite, and I’d like to see somebody tearing them a new arsehole, but feck hiring a manager who’ll throw the whole fecking club under the bus to protect his own ego. Especially if he’s serving up shitty two-banks-of-four football whilst doing it.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I’m not defending Ole, he was shit too.

I’ve jumped on to the caf to see if we have signed any players on deadline day as I’ve been busy at work all day and this fecking thread is top of the list.

I’m just genuinely stunned that anybody can have an opinion other than “feck no”.

You’ve clearly exorcised his whole “rest defence” football style and his shitting on the club as well as the players from your mind.

I agree our players are largely shite, but feck hiring a manager who’ll throw the whole fecking club under the bus to protect his own ego. Especially if he’s serving up shitty two banks of four football whilst doing it.
So you don't like his managerial style. It's not relevant to today's game as much as it was. My opinion isn't as extreme as yours but it's still very detached to the point I was making.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Probably have this side playing well.
Don’t think anyone could get this side playing well. We’ve got a mixture of players who aren’t good enough with players who have bad attitude and that isn’t a good combination. Toxic dressing room. Players doing what the hell they want off the pitch which gives the club bad headlines.

Robbie Boy

So we've clarified that no one said that ETH is as good as Pep. Thank goodness for that.

Gotta love some Caf hyperbole though.

GMoore23

Ole was disaster. Not just because of lack results. He set up casual mentality which stuck in and can't go away.
Also, this rewriting history about his football is becoming laughable. Except first few months his football was awful. Parking the bus and waiting on counter attack. Even Jose didn't do that (except in few bigger games). Failed Cardiff manager did it every week.

Biggest difference between him and Jose were in EL finals. While Jose prepared team perfectly for Ajax game and studied every single detail, remember what Ole did?
"We didn't prepare specially for Villareal. We are Man Utd and we play our style. I told players to enjoy themselves". What a plonker
Our EL win under Jose was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen. We did nothing but kick the ball into the air all night to make the game as messy as possible.
Football at its worst.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The feck are people on wanting him back? :lol:
This forum never ceases to amaze.

I didn't think it could get dumber than some of what churns up on here every week but this thread has actually done it :lol:

Do people just have no memory at all? Or they think that because what we're doing now hasn't worked, trying something else that we already tried and also didn't work somehow becomes a good idea? Like if you fail your driving test by driving on the wrong side of the road, and then fail your next test because you forgot the difference between red and green, the next time you take the test you should try driving on the wrong side of the road again?

We were quite good under Ten Hag for a fair chunk of last season and won a trophy. Maybe we should sack Ten Hag and then hire Ten Hag to replace him?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm a big Jose fan.
I think he'd have been the perfect guy to take over from SAF when he left.
We'd certainly have won the league with an aging squad (something Jose likes - working with players in their 30s).

Even when he did come to us, I felt he needed back in his 3rd season, after he got 2nd place. But he wasn't backed and the rest is history.

I think Jose is now past his best and we must look elsewhere. And given that a lot of our squad members are under 30, this could be an issue for Jose.
It just wouldn't make sense for us.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
My god the toxicity will be off the charts. Need a documentary next season

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This forum never ceases to amaze.

I didn't think it could get dumber than some of what churns up on here every week but this thread has actually done it :lol:

Do people just have no memory at all? Or they think that because what we're doing now hasn't worked, trying something else that we already tried and also didn't work somehow becomes a good idea? Like if you fail your driving test by driving on the wrong side of the road, and then fail your next test because you forgot the difference between red and green, the next time you take the test you should try driving on the wrong side of the road again?

We were quite good under Ten Hag for a fair chunk of last season and won a trophy. Maybe we should sack Ten Hag and then hire Ten Hag to replace him?
Absolutely hilarious the state of this place. Fecking idiots :lol:

Though Pogue has informed me Maureen has the best record post Fergie, so who knows!