Jose's interview - "Wish to sign 2 more players"

Valent

Supports
Liverpool
With Malcom arriving and Dembele being unhappy I don't see why United aren't trying to sign the latter. It was also reported that Barcelona might be willing to sell at the right price.

Xaviboy

Martial to Bayern and in return we have David Alaba for left back. Only 26 years old and can play both full back positions and central midfield. Buy central defender who is a leader and can pass forward instead sideways or hoof it up to lukaku and Willian for RW.

Greck

He's at Martial's level. Got a few skills but not yet proven. Internet favorite though.

Honestly, I'd rather have Willian than Dembele at this point, and I am completely against Willian. Because Dembele will be exactly like Martial under Jose.
Martial's level sounds about right. Imo Martial has a greater football iq than him but Dembele can't be any lazier than Martial can sometimes be. Nobody can

shaky

How the hell is Vidal, Boateng, Willian & Perisic even comparable to the players City & Liverpool have. In willian's position Liverpool have Salah & City have Sane. My lord a gulf in class is observable.
Looks like PSG are in talks with Boateng today. Obviously deemed good enough by Tuchel to play in a team with Neymar and Mbappe, but obviously not good enough for the caf, to get a game ahead of Chris Smalling at the mighty Man Utd. Face it, if we'd signed Salah this time last year, you'd have been equally outraged about how he wasn't the right quality. I bet you had a grumble about Matic too.

Judas

Open to offers
I think Martial's football IQ is one of his biggest weaknesses, just think his movement and decision making is very poor. Could all improve with more game time though, in theory. That and being a lazy git.

oz insomniac

Where's Woody

Seriously , he can't have taken holidays as suggested, he should be supercharged into getting players over the line. Personally I see no reason to be optimistic in relation to signings, having said that, ecstatic to be proven wrong

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Ban

Where's Woody

Seriously , he can't have taken holidays as suggested, he should be supercharged into getting players over the line. Personally I see no reason to be optimistic in relation to signings, having said that, ecstatic to be proven wrong

He's on holiday. He sent me a pic somewhere from the coast.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Where's Woody

If Woody has been told not to spend money by his bosses, he has no reason to be supercharged to do anything.
Jose is depressed for a reason and I think it may be because his funding has been shut down.
Last Summer he was told that he couldn't have Perisic and this Summer, it is quite possible that he has been told that he cannot have several players.

In any case, in 3 weeks time, we will know for sure what has transpired.

Sampy93

Instead of blaming Jose which seems the lazy arguement surely yesterday confirms he's not happy with the squad and wants 2 more signings. It's down to the board/Ed to get these deals done.

So sick and tired of everyone moaning on here. We should be pointing the angry finger elsewhere.
I think half of the problem is that if you point the fingers at the board you concede that there is a bigger issue at hand and our results won’t greatly improve while they are here. People blame Mourinho for his style of play and demeanour. Replace him and they’re is the “this time it will be different” mindset, whether that’s right or wrong who knows

sunama

Baghdad Bob
With Malcom arriving and Dembele being unhappy I don't see why United aren't trying to sign the latter. It was also reported that Barcelona might be willing to sell at the right price.
Dembele is similar to Martial. Young, unproven talents which need a lot of work before they truly flourish. And Jose, over his career, has proven that he is not interesting in developing youth.
You also have the Dortmund connection - very few Dortmund players do well in the EPL. Dembele is one of the most expensive players in the World and he hasn't done anything of note for Barca and Barca would look to recoup that huge transfer fee.
If I had to spend £130M (or thereabouts), I'd rather get 2 good players at around £65M each. A RW and LB, would do nicely.

devil in me

Can't understand this. Did you not watch us trying to attack down the right last season?
Aye. If we are only signing one, surely RW has to be priority. We've needed one for about 4 years. We don't actually have one. Our centre backs could just about get though another season.

EyeInTheSky

Wow why all the Ashley Young hate?

Take into consideration that if we upgrade Young, we probably don't upgrade in more important areas. It's probably the same posters that have gone into depression since Fellaini extended his contract. the FM / FIFA generation I bet. I bet you all kicked off when Scholes signed an extension at 35 too.

Forget the fact he played solidly for United for the final couple of months when United beat every side in the top 7. Forget when he had Salah in his pocket when Liverpool flopped at Old Trafford, despite every Anti-Mourinho fan on Redcafe telling us that Salah was going to rip him a new one and Liverpool were going to 'batter us' and finish 2nd. Forget the fact he put in a good performance in this world cup all the way up to the semi-final.

He used to be a winger, he is over 30, he didn't cost 80 million, a bird shat in his mouth once, so it must be a disaster if he is our first choice for 1 more season.......

This place is a shambles sometimes.
Fantastic post. While I also want us to get a superstar or one in the making at LB I can't imagine being that much of a child that I would say he was garbage honestly speaking. Also don't forget how many on here said that pool, spurs and whoever else deserved to be above us and we were lucky. This is the state of the cringe on here.

EyeInTheSky

He's on holiday. He sent me a pic somewhere from the coast.
Did you see the melt-down about the rumour of Baily going to chelsea?

The usual gang of melts did not realise that he was a Left-winger and it would shunt Martial out of the squad for good :lol:

They also did not realise that the article said that Willian is staying at Chelsea...:lol:

The just show their ignorance on top of a negative agenda to poison the well at any opportunity.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Inappropriate Content
Did you see the melt-down about the rumour of Baily going to chelsea?

The usual gang of melts did not realise that he was a Left-winger and it would shunt Martial out of the squad for good :lol:

They also did not realise that the article said that Willian is staying at Chelsea...:lol:

The just show their ignorance on top of a negative agenda to poison the well at any opportunity.
Go crawl back up Jose’s anus.

El-Manos

Has he actually hinted at what positions he is looking to strengthen or is everybody just assuming he wants a RW? We clearly want a centre-back given our interest in Alderweireld, what is the other position though?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can’t see anything happening until players leave, and sad as that is - rightly so. We can’t just keep giving the manager money to buy a new centre half every summer. Woody has probably said that some of the ones we have must go. Jose can’t keep his ‘I want to keep all my players’ stance and keep adding .

EyeInTheSky

This is hilarious I mentioned nothing about Jose but about people not even knowing who a player was and having a meltdown. It's funny you responded as one of them. Thanks for exposing yourself.

"we want Youth players from the academy to play" then its "Why are we not buying exciting young wingers". We have Chong, why would we pay £100M for another young RW if we want to give youth a chance?

You're just crying because you got exposed by the mod who called your idiocy out. Go crawl back into the gutter you came from ;)

Crashoutcassius

Who says we aren't? Who says he's available ? We have no info except made up and conflicting tabloid stories

Patrick08

Alex Sandro fits the bill on both counts. We can't afford him.
Alex Sandro has a choice between playing behind Ronaldo (after Juventus Dropped that bombshell) on a slightly increased wages and live in Turin, to play behind his fellow Brazilian Neymar and Mbappe too on very good wages in Paris and to play behind Sanchez on very good Wages but in Manchester. It's not so easy to Land him here because he has a difficult decision to make Footballing wise and also Life wise. It's not certain that he will choose us for sure, it does not mean we lack resources to bring him here.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Valencia is a much bigger issue than Young. We'd survive with another season of Young, that side of the pitch isn't really the major problem.
Disagree, if we're sticking with a back four actually. Young is more of a threat going forward but his passing is dogshit, he can't play out from the back. Valencia is tidy and reliable on the ball and doesn't resort to hoofing it forward half as much as Young.

if we're using wingbacks then OK, Young's weakness in that regard shouldn't be as apparent.

Cliche Guevara

It is funny how there’s an absolute gang of complete weapons talking non-stop shite at the moment.

Anyone who correctly calls them out on their bollocks is dismissed as a Jose-fan, even though it’s completely irrelevant.

No, you people take responsibility for your nonsense and give us peace.

Garethw

This is hilarious I mentioned nothing about Jose but about people not even knowing who a player was and having a meltdown. It's funny you responded as one of them. Thanks for exposing yourself.

"we want Youth players from the academy to play" then its "Why are we not buying exciting young wingers". We have Chong, why would we pay £100M for another young RW if we want to give youth a chance?

You're just crying because you got exposed by the mod who called your idiocy out. Go crawl back into the gutter you came from ;)

Myself and other posters didn’t get called out for anything. The mod was quoting an article, not a statement from Chelsea that Willian is staying. There is still every possibility that a Mourinho will look to sign him.

If it happens, then it will be another terrible decision in the transfer market.

I could understand your defence of Mourinho if everything was peachy, but Mourinho is like a dark cloud hovering over the club at the moment. Everything about him is breeding negativity.

How is not wanting to sign an average, 30 year old winger for >£65 million idiocy?

Here’s a video of Bailey stating he prefers playing on the right. So maybe we aren’t as foolish as you think ;)

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...eferred-position-on-the-right-wing-464425.jsp

Garethw

Arguing with another member
It is funny how there’s an absolute gang of complete weapons talking non-stop shite at the moment.

Anyone who correctly calls them out on their bollocks is dismissed as a Jose-fan, even though it’s completely irrelevant.

No, you people take responsibility for your nonsense and give us peace.
There was zero nonsense associated with it. Bailey can play on the right and the Willian staying at Chelsea talk was from an article, not from a club statement!

Aloysius's Back 3

Looks like PSG are in talks with Boateng today. Obviously deemed good enough by Tuchel to play in a team with Neymar and Mbappe, but obviously not good enough for the caf, to get a game ahead of Chris Smalling at the mighty Man Utd. Face it, if we'd signed Salah this time last year, you'd have been equally outraged about how he wasn't the right quality. I bet you had a grumble about Matic too.
If we signed Salah this time last year he would not have had a good season as he did with Liverpool. No way as near, no way as close. Klopp plays to Salah's strengths - makes him focus on pure attacking abilities rather than covering for fullbacks with defensive abilities, makes him add pressure on the defensive line, plays balls on the ground over lofted balls, makes him prioritize finishing over crossing as we would do to a striker like Lukaku whilst symmetrically playing another inside forward on the other side RW with a false 9 who targets positioning & playing balls that the inside forward can be deadly with.

See a difference? Probably not. José targets a team of 11 individuals with all similar strengths( hence why he always talks about lack of work rate/defensive ability Pt Salah, debryune & now martial) rather than targeting to get the best out of players certain specialities, abilities whilst finding a way of utilizing others in a team to cover for weaknesses.

PSG historically has a very old, unbalanced defense in comparison to their forwards.
Their defensive players to name a few are - Buffon, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves who are all old.
Their younger defenders are Marquinhos, Muniere & Kurzawa.

In comparison to what they spend in midfield & forwards with the likes of verrati, Di Maria, draxler, neymar, mbappe, cavani, Guedes, Jesse - they have a significant weakness in defence & this constantly shows during their UCL campaign as seen by horror shows historically by David Luiz & others. They do not spend the money on defence & constantly struggle in the big matches at the UCL whilst walking through their French league due to the lack of competition & the pure attacking strength of Mbappe & Neymar etc.

We can't walk our league by having defenders or goal keepers like Buffon, Thiago Silva, Boateng & Dani Alves. Whilst I still like Dani Alves - alot are prone to errors & are not at the top of the game. The defenders at the team who came 3rd last year are vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanches, Dier, trippier, Rose. All young, upward spiral or at their prime.

The players mentioned before like Vidal, Boateng are passed it & there is no reason why we should be after these players whilst their clubs are replacing them with some wonderful players - most of the time younger.

Anyway with regards to Matic, he only had a decent season (if that; more like a decent 4 months) because he knows & has experience how to play for Jose. He showed signs of extreme stagnation, fatigue & drop in ability before the reaching of even half a season. He is lucky he understands Jose's gritty football result type style - he would struggle considerably under a manager who attempted a much more adventurous tactics & formations.

Matic suits José's tactics & finds it easy to play in our midfield where he hardly attempted a forward ball :rolleyes: but my god would he struggle playing for a team who was a tad adventurous with their football. City would struggle to retain & manipulate their possession football with Matic at their core whilst Liverpool would struggle to play quick speed counter attacking football with him too - whilst he can have a good 4 months for us playing whatever style we call our football that's for sure.

Matic is purely geared for Jose & no one else - will ultimately struggle under any other manager who eventually overtakes him; the same way martial struggles under Jose.

Last edited:
Reactions: esmufc07

EyeInTheSky

Arguing with another member
Myself and other posters didn’t get called out for anything. The mod was quoting an article, not a statement from Chelsea that Willian is staying. There is still every possibility that a Mourinho will look to sign him.

If it happens, then it will be another terrible decision in the transfer market.

I could understand your defence of Mourinho if everything was peachy, but Mourinho is like a dark cloud hovering over the club at the moment. Everything about him is breeding negativity.

How is not wanting to sign an average, 30 year old winger for >£65 million idiocy?

Here’s a video of Bailey stating he prefers playing on the right. So maybe we aren’t as foolish as you think ;)

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...eferred-position-on-the-right-wing-464425.jsp
Nothing to do with where he prefers its where he actually plays. He plays the majority of his games on the Left. This is what you got called out for and also the fact that the article itself said that Willian was staying at chelsea but the meltdown ensued. Your back peddle is amusing though...

Also, you know very well the idiocy was not about the money for Willian at his age it was about the fact you can't understand a basic article that said the opposite of what you were complaining about. :smirk:

say hello to the rest of the shite in the ignore bin :)

Garethw

Nothing to do with where he prefers its where he actually plays. He plays the majority of his games on the Left. This is what you got called out for and also the fact that the article itself said that Willian was staying at chelsea but the meltdown ensued. Your back peddle is amusing though...

Also, you know very well the idiocy was not about the money for Willian at his age it was about the fact you can't understand a basic article that said the opposite of what you were complaining about. :smirk:

say hello to the rest of the shite in the ignore bin :)
What a charming fella.

Cliche Guevara

If we signed Salah this time last year he would not have had a good season as he did with Liverpool. No way as near, no way as close. Klopp plays to Salah's strengths - makes him focus on pure attacking abilities rather than covering for fullbacks with defensive abilities, makes him add pressure on the defensive line, plays balls on the ground over lofted balls, makes him prioritize finishing over crossing as we would do to a striker like Lukaku whilst symmetrically playing another inside forward on the other side RW with a false 9 who targets positioning & playing balls that the inside forward can be deadly with.
This is wrong, and one of the biggest myths on here. Liverpool’s game plan is to get everyone behind the ball when they lose possession and Salah is an absolute workhorse.

Mourinho wouldn’t be asking Salah to do anything Klopp wouldn’t.

The second full-back is also selective nonsense. Mourinho only does this the odd game for tactical purposes. Ironically, an example being against Liverpool where we totally destroyed them first-half and Salah did nothing the entire game.

The rest is just another anti-Mourinho rant. It’s getting beyond tolerable.

Big Jim Holton

Time for Woodward to shape himself!

We could do a BOGOF deal with Jones and Smalling for a start. We could halve the medical staff getting rid of Jones alone.

As for Smalling, I'm old enough to have seen Bill Foulkes play for us, and Smalling is the worst I have ever seen since!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think the most likely outcome of any progress in the market along these lines would involve Willian and Alderweirald coming in, with Martial and Darmian heading out.

Would this put people’s minds at rest? And would you expect us to challenge next season?

Judas

Open to offers
I don't hate Willian, I think he'd do well for us, but I still can't help but be throughly underwhelmed.

Don't really want Alderweirald, but again he wouldn't be a bad signing.

Basically I don't want us utterly rinsed for either of them.

Martial can go anywhere outside of the PL.

I think everyones title hopes depend on City not being at it as much as they were last year, if that happens, we've got a chance along with everyone else.

shaky

See a difference? Probably not. José targets a team of 11 individuals with all similar strengths( hence why he always talks about lack of work rate/defensive ability Pt Salah, debryune & now martial) rather than targeting to get the best out of players certain specialities, abilities whilst finding a way of utilizing others in a team to cover for weaknesses.

PSG historically has a very old, unbalanced defense in comparison to their forwards.
Their defensive players to name a few are - Buffon, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves who are all old.
Their younger defenders are Marquinhos, Muniere & Kurzawa.

In comparison to what they spend in midfield & forwards with the likes of verrati, Di Maria, draxler, neymar, mbappe, cavani, Guedes, Jesse - they have a significant weakness in defence & this constantly shows during their UCL campaign as seen by horror shows historically by David Luiz & others. They do not spend the money on defence & constantly struggle in the big matches at the UCL whilst walking through their French league due to the lack of competition & the pure attacking strength of Mbappe & Neymar etc.

We can't walk our league by having defenders or goal keepers like Buffon, Thiago Silva, Boateng & Dani Alves. Whilst I still like Dani Alves - alot are prone to errors & are not at the top of the game. The defenders at the team who came 3rd last year are vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanches, Dier, trippier, Rose. All young, upward spiral or at their prime.

The players mentioned before like Vidal, Boateng are passed it & there is no reason why we should be after these players whilst their clubs are replacing them with some wonderful players - most of the time younger.

Anyway with regards to Matic, he only had a decent season (if that; more like a decent 4 months) because he knows & has experience how to play for Jose. He showed signs of extreme stagnation, fatigue & drop in ability before the reaching of even half a season. He is lucky he understands Jose's gritty football result type style - he would struggle considerably under a manager who attempted a much more adventurous tactics & formations.

Matic suits José's tactics & finds it easy to play in our midfield where he hardly attempted a forward ball :rolleyes: but my god would he struggle playing for a team who was a tad adventurous with their football. City would struggle to retain & manipulate their possession football with Matic at their core whilst Liverpool would struggle to play quick speed counter attacking football with him too - whilst he can have a good 4 months for us playing whatever style we call our football that's for sure.

Matic is purely geared for Jose & no one else - will ultimately struggle under any other manager who eventually overtakes him; the same way martial struggles under Jose.
So you won't actually be happy with any signing, as long as Mourinho is managing them? Would have been much quicker just to say so.