Joshua King / signs for Watford

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Sky now saying United's interest has cooled and we are looking elsewhere.

Going to be an interesting day.

OverratedOpinion

Look, he is a good footballer. My two concerns are that he is injured and he is another good footballer who doesn't score a lot of goals. Still I think he will be better backup than a lot of clubs have and he has a good relationship with Ole clearly.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I was asking whether you have problem with players linked or the clubs at which players are playing as you mentioned both club and player names.
Both. Buying( and overpaying) average players from average teams will end in tears for us fans

spiriticon

Come in on loan? Sure.

Come in for £5m? Sure.

Come in for £20+++ million? Thank U, Next.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Probably all over now. The logistics for the Chinese-based players kill those moves. And nothing else worthwhile.

Giroud and Cavani would be the most logical two options, but Chelsea will want silly money and Cavani is set on Atletico.

Judas

Open to offers
Sky are going to keep things moving as much as possible to keep interest and build up attention, probably best not to believe in everything they say.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Don't think we'll end up getting anyone, it's very late in the window and convincing teams t part with their players is going to be immensely difficult.

Artorias

Half our problem is that when our starters are out their replacements are dogshit. We absolutely need squad players
Maybe, but not expensive squad players. £30m is not pocket change money either. Would you buy a Jlinz style of squad player for £30m? Nah, me neither.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Once Rashford is back, Martial will have some competition with Greenwood, if James plays on the right.
Yes Greenwood may not yet be ready for full 90 mins of football week in week out, but he can scored goals, and his is young and emerging talent.
Also, in summer we may go for Sancho (lets hope so), then there will be more competitions.
Rashford plays on the left under Ole and Greenwood will be on the right until he matures, which will be a while. Until then, we've got 1 inconsistent striker.

Raven

Half our problem is that when our starters are out their replacements are dogshit. We absolutely need squad players
Yeah, our strongest XI is strong enough for top 4, it's that we have no adequate back ups is the problem. We still need to add quality but I certainly see Martial and Rashford as good enough in the long term.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
At 3pm on transfer deadline day we decided to look elsewhere? Well planned as always Ed!
He's a master transfer genius!

Sounds typical for us though doesn't it? Leave it to the last few days to do a month worth of work. I don't think we'll get anyone in, or we'll cave and pay what Bournemouth want to sign King and rush the deal though. Either way, it's a bit of a shambles

Lynty

Jarrod Bowen talks are stalling. Just hijack that deal

Member 90887

He'll be a back up striker. We need numbers. Even with Rashford back, we would need a starting striker and a back up striker.

We lost Lukaku and Sanchez.

He's from the academy. I'm sure he wouldn't mind sitting on the bench and helping whenever he's called to do a jod.

30m is nothing in today's market.

SAFMUTD

Yes, but we need squad players that can actually challenge for the starting spot, main part of the job of the squad players is to push the starters to their best level, not only be there to play when the starter is injured.

We have a squad full of players that cant/shouldt challenge for starting spots, thats why we have players underperforming and totally relaxed, such as Martial. They know there’s no one that can take their place, competition is always good in a squad, I just don’t see how King can challenge Martial he will be merely used as a back up striker, playing some cup games or getting minutes if Martial is injured.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's definitely not lack of trying. Spurs and one more club was seriously trying to get him and were pushed back.
We're getting desperate now thought TBF. Offer them 10-15 million or something and I think we'd get him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Both. Buying( and overpaying) average players from average teams will end in tears for us fans
I can see why fans are angry at average players but i will never understand why fans moan about the clubs when we sign players. It's like they started to follow the game just a day back and think every top player plays only for top teams.

Devil may care

I remember when he played for us as a kid, I had no idea he's 28 now, time flies. He's never really progressed to any kind of real quality level, his scoring record is pretty mediocre, if it's a loan then OK, but I'd rather not actually buy him and go for Werner in the summer.

ash_86

We're getting desperate now thought TBF. Offer them 10-15 million or something and I think we'd get him.
I don't think chelsea owners are gong to sell Lampard down the river yet. He's a fan favorite atm and already pissed he couldn't get deals done.

RedDevilRoshi

I wonder who those backup options even are or just a sly way of saying we won’t be making any further additions in this window.

Money was there but we ran out of time statement.