Juan Mata | leaves Galatasaray - heading to the J-League

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Always thought more super-rich footballers in their 30's should use football as an excuse to see the world.

Pick a country you think would be cool to live in, join a side you know will either be battling for a title or to avoid relegation, try to make yourself a cult hero by helping them do that while you're there, then wander off after a season or two to somewhere else. Like a football version of Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, helping out teams in need. Except while also getting paid, obviously.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Always thought more super-rich footballers in their 30's should use football as an excuse to see the world.

Pick a country you think would be cool to live in, join a side you know will either be battling for a title or to avoid relegation, try to make yourself a cult hero by helping them do that while you're there, then wander off after a season or two to somewhere else. Like a football version of Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, helping out teams in need. Except while also getting paid, obviously.
A lot of players aren't that cultured and would rather earn 200 grand a week living in Solihull shagging a page 3 model.

Actually so would I

sugar_kane

Good lad

Too nice to even say he doesn’t want to take the blood money.

Actions speak louder than words though, Jordan Henderson take note.

JuriM

I would love to see him be some sort of Spanish FA leader in the future or an even bigger type of football organization manager. He oozes pure class in the era of people who are very self-centered and un cultured in some aspects - within football management.

Andy_Cole

Groom him to be our future manager.

These young Spanish Managers seem to know what they're doing.

lex talionis

My recollection may be hazy after all the years have passed, but it seems to me we never fully capitalized on Juan’s strengths as a playmaker.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?

that had crossed my mind, not sure if he ever expressed an interest in management. I think we he would need to be Mean Mata and not Hugs Mata for that job though.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
My recollection may be hazy after all the years have passed, but it seems to me we never fully capitalized on Juan’s strengths as a playmaker.
I can't remember him playing centrally too often always seemed on the right - could be my memory though maybe he just ended up out there.

Great free kick taker right till the end.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Part of a very long line of number 10s we signed to play out of position

Golden Nugget

Somehow I’m really surprised he scored 51 goals for us.
it’s the last few seasons that probably skeeed your memory - he started scoring quite a bit for us (6 in 15 in his first 6 months, followed by 3 seasons of 10 goals each).

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Agreed. But we'll need to build sort of podium on the touchline so he can see the whole pitch.

lex talionis

I can't remember him playing centrally too often always seemed on the right - could be my memory though maybe he just ended up out there.

Great free kick taker right till the end.
Mata’s free kick v De Gea was outstanding, but Dave’s save on that free kick was beyond all belief.