Jude Bellingham | Borussia Dortmund player...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They are two different things and you usually need some balance of both to be effective? Therefore it's important to make distinctions, rather than just to call every player with some form of individual attacking quality a playmaker?
A playmaker is somebody who helps create goal scoring chances, generate shots, and move the ball forward and particularly into the box

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
A playmaker is somebody who helps create goal scoring chances, generate shots, and move the ball forward and particularly into the box
You're stretching the definition so far you could basically fit any (modern) player into it. Making it meaningless. On top of that Bellingham is sitting on 9 goals and just 2 assists for the season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
You're stretching the definition so far you could basically fit any (modern) player into it. Making it meaningless. On top of that Bellingham is sitting on 9 goals and just 2 assists for the season.
Nonetheless I think it's possible to replace Modric by Bellingham. Yes, the style would be a bit different because the two are quite different players, yet I think it can make sense to evolve that way.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nonetheless I think it's possible to replace Modric by Bellingham. Yes, the style would be a bit different because the two are quite different players, yet I think it can make sense to evolve that way.
I think Bellingham would easily fit into a lot of teams, he's a pretty complete player box to box midfielder, so it's not like he needs a special setup. Just some DLP-ish holding midfielder, which most teams have anyway and a proper attacking playmaker he can play around with his runs.

cpresc

I think we might well go in for him and think he’d be great for replacing Eriksen and partnering Casemiro in a 2. I think it’d be similar to the Makele and Essen pairing and that worked great

bosskeano

ffs....i hope he doesn't sign with City or Pool. Let him go to Madrid if we can't afford to sign him knowing how badly we need a #9

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
"Those with knowledge of the situation" :lol:
The part about good relations is funny, the Haaland deal was extremely simple due to the release clause, there is little reason to assume that the clubs built any relation on that. On the other hand it is well known that Perez and Watzke are friends, so club relations still favour Real

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The part about good relations is funny, the Haaland deal was extremely simple due to the release clause, there is little reason to assume that the clubs built any relation on that. On the other hand it is well known that Perez and Watzke are friends, so club relations still favour Real
I mean I'm sure ultimately Dortmund would be happy to take City's money if it comes to it, but the need for sports "journalists" to come across as ITK and arrogant, and the idea it would be based on some pre-existing positive relationship linked to one of the most straightforward deals in football, is hilarious.

bosskeano

His current deal doesnt expire until 2025 so if you think you're getting him this summer for anything less than 120m ......fuggedaboutit

lex talionis

We shouldn’t waste any time plotting a move for Jude. Given who our manager is, and given how poorly Barca have treated Frenkie, a move for Frenkie seems much more likely to come together.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Given how quickly Akanji was wrapped up (yes he wanted to leave so made it easier) suggests that a relationship does exist.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Given how quickly Akanji was wrapped up (yes he wanted to leave so made it easier) suggests that a relationship does exist.
Good point, I completely forgot about him... nonetheless I still think that my point stands that City has no better relations to Dortmund than other candidates, especially not Real.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think this whole club relations thing is a bunch of bullshit, Dortmund don't want to sell to Bayern, but other than that they won't care whose money they take. Odds are they have a price in mind (/negotiated with Bellingham) and it's more or less take it or leave it for interested clubs, aside from some negotiations about the structuring. But in the end

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I really like Bellingham, I hope United buy him. Just world class, has everything.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Great moment for him. Really good header

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Birmingham PR team updating the legends section of their website with that goal as we speak.

Shark

@NotShark
Why didn't we sign him instead of Sancho, our luck is rotten with Dortmund players. City will get the best two ffs.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think this is showing anything we didn’t know about him — he’s very good in the final third, but he’s looked sketchy facing his own goal deep in his own half.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Technically I'm not sure he's all that amazing but he's not bad and he's got the physique and drive, if he keeps showing good movement, keeps improving his goalscoring, his passing and his touch then he'll go on to be a really very good player I think. World class? Not sure. Would still make him the best English CM around of course.

bosskeano

he's a very good CM and plays that 8 position really well which is what we badly need

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Lads, he's playing against Iran, they're making Maguire and Mount look decent. Let's see him against an actual team before we start talking.
Too bad, Maguire big £90m accepted by Real Madrid, no backsies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Technically I'm not sure he's all that amazing but he's not bad and he's got the physique and drive, if he keeps showing good movement, keeps improving his goalscoring, his passing and his touch then he'll go on to be a really very good player I think. World class? Not sure. Would still make him the best English CM around of course.
Yeah he's much more of a Lampard or Gerrard type than a Scholes. He's an all action, technically solid player and while he is a wonderkid for sure, I don't think he's as talented as Pedri or Camavinga (if we're comparing midfield wonderkids). Though the 3 could form a ridiculous midfield together.

Conor

I'm found wondering every time I've seen him play, I know he produces a lot and is very young, but doesn't look like he's top quality whenever I've seen him(which isn't a huge amount, in all honestly).

crossy1686

career ending
I'm found wondering every time I've seen him play, I know he produces a lot and is very young, but doesn't look like he's top quality whenever I've seen him(which isn't a huge amount, in all honestly).
For me, he's young, he plays in a defensively poor league where he gets time on the ball and he's played for England against poor teams. He's good, he looks very assured on the ball but he wouldn't start week in week out in the PL but I do think he will get there in a couple of years. I think he should do one more season (after this one) in Germany then move to push himself and develop even more in a more competitive league.