Jude Bellingham | Confirmed Borussia Dortmund player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't know whether this has already been asked and answered in this thread already, but which players leave Dortmund to other clubs out of Germany and go on to do well and their upward trajectory continues?

I'm talking more of the modern era under Zorc.
Apart from a Lewandowski I can't think of any at all. Their club seems to be a pretty poor stepping stone.

Suvvernmanc

You missed my point: Sancho for example is definitely a player for a CL or PL conteder. As is Haaland. You want both. But the other way around there is nothing. I don't see any United player i would pay money for, cause they aren't top notch, there isn't any player which is definitely a player for a CL contender. And just to remember: this is a forum and only my opinion, if its not yours that does't mean its wumming. (Remember the current keep it together thread)
What are you talking about? You've got players like Can, Hummels and Witsel who wouldn't get anywhere near our first 11. They are good players but lets be real about it. Fred, Maguire and Pogba are better that those 3 and have age on their side too.

You are either on the wind up or your just not very clever.
except he won't cost just £90m - and you may be missing the point: are players not willing to play for Ole?
I just threw the £90m out there. The truth is he could flop and end up somewhere else, Or be a worldy and go for £140m.

As for your Ole statement, what does that even mean? Who knows why he might snub us for bvb. You sound like you think that Ole managing us would turn young players away? How do you know? Why would you suggest I'm missing the point when you dont know any more than me?

Your post is a strange reply to a very flippant comment I made about us buying him in the future.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Cheeky cnuts when players leave them with cheap shots in their articles (official site) and then they are so much up for banter on twitter for retweets that they start replying some random dude on twitter.
Yeah, it's weird that, despite their whole raison d'etre being the signing and inevitable selling of promising players, they get all prissy when it happens.
It's almost like they believe they have another purpose.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Which just makes it odd why they're here. I get this is a great message board for all football fans and I like how we embrace people who support loads of teams, but I suppose I would expect everyone here to be paying closer attention to Utd?
I joined because the football forum section is very nice and interesting. I like to know what people in other countries think and leave my filter bubble. Never had any particular interest in United, to be honest but that is starting to change since I'm posting here. I try to stay away from most United topics, though, because if you're not enthusiastic as an "outsider" people in here get salty quite quickly.

The Leverkusen fan was beyond bemused at the possibility of Havertz joining us, so it’s safe to say he doesn’t like this club very much.
Jesus, what the hell? :lol: I'd be cheering if he joins United because that would mean he won't join Bayern. I also prefer you over Chelsea Juve and the likes. just because I'd prefer Madrid and Barca for him over you doesn't mean I am "beyond bemused" if he joins you guys.

croadyman

I am not overly gutted about this one,was more annoyed with Haaland though especially with Ole connection. Also a little frustrated Chelsea beat us to Werner too.

We probably will go back for him in a few years after he has proved himself in Germany,really depends who is in charge of the club at that time.

GledTheRed

Cheeky cnuts when players leave them with cheap shots in their articles (official site) and then they are so much up for banter on twitter for retweets that they start replying some random dude on twitter.
Set of cnuts are Dortmind, i use to root for them too but feck em.

Feeder club cnuts.

Go Bayern!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That Leverkusen fan kept on taking cheap shots at players like Pogba, Rashford and then at the club with tedious "You are not that attractive club anymore" shit that you expect from twitter meme accounts. Very weird for a Leverkusen fan, maybe losing 5-0 and 4-2 to Moyes team must have done this.

Yeah, because I think Rashford is not as good as Sancho and don't rate Pogba (I wrote you a whole book of reasons why that is the case), I have to be a wum. Jesus, you're so incredibly close minded and deluded, it's unreal. You could almost be a Bayern fan.

I didn't ever remember the results, by the way, that's how much I care about stuff like that. But thanks for reminding, I guess?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
What's even worse is that they for some reason like being the underdogs. Someone criticises Bayern and Dortmund fans come running to defend them.
Weird, didn't see Arsenal fans licking the feet of City when a huge number of their players were stolen.
Not everybody likes to indulge in petty tribalism cranked up so much, that arguments are seemingly only valid when you're part of the right team.

What I've seen here on reactions so far, doesnt really fit the term "criticism". Well, except if you count "selling club", "myth of being good place for youngsters", or, "OuR rEpUtAtIoN rEGaRdInG tALeNt iS sO sUpErIor" as "criticisms".
I'd rather say, there's been a lot of butt hurt over being snubbed a second time in 6 months going around here, on top of the mounting displeasure towards stubborn Dortmund and their unwillingness to sell a certain player for what caf experts deem reasonable.
Now you've (not just you as the poster quoted)conjured up the resident BVB Troll, and use that to fuel your pre-conceived notion even further. Well, have fun...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, because I think Rashford is not as good as Sancho and don't rate Pogba (I wrote you a whole book of reasons why that is the case), I have to be a wum. Jesus, you're so incredibly close minded and deluded, it's unreal. You could almost be a Bayern fan.

I didn't ever remember the results, by the way, that's how much I care about stuff like that. But thanks for reminding, I guess?
Dude just jog on.

Edit: Deleted the rest, not worth more than this.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Set of cnuts are Dortmind, i use to root for them too but feck em.

Feeder club cnuts.

Go Bayern!
Most of the clubs are like that, they pick up something random on twitter where people saying something bad about their league and then replay with a dig at premier league or the club that guy is supporting. fecking hell, they are so desperate for attention.

red thru&thru

Apart from a Lewandowski I can't think of any at all. Their club seems to be a pretty poor stepping stone.
Yea, so I struggle to understand their lure. Even the two we got never really did anything of note, although I used to really like Shinji.

Hopefully Jadon changes this, if we get him that is. :keano:

Eckers99

Not everybody likes to indulge in petty tribalism cranked up so much, that arguments are seemingly only valid when you're part of the right team.

What I've seen here on reactions so far, doesnt really fit the term "criticism". Well, except if you count "selling club", "myth of being good place for youngsters", or, "OuR rEpUtAtIoN rEGaRdInG tALeNt iS sO sUpErIor" as "criticisms".
I'd rather say, there's been a lot of butt hurt over being snubbed a second time in 6 months going around here, on top of the mounting displeasure towards stubborn Dortmund and their unwillingness to sell a certain player for what caf experts deem reasonable.
Now you've (not just you as the poster quoted)conjured up the resident BVB Troll, and use that to fuel your pre-conceived notion even further. Well, have fun...
Anyone who comes on a United forum, views our history through the wrong end of the telescope and then proves they've not even been paying attention to the current side probably deserves to be corrected, don't you think?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Anyone who comes on a United forum, views our history through the wrong end of the telescope and then proves they've not even been paying attention to the current side probably deserves to be corrected, don't you think?
Spread polemics, get polemics in return...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think he (@Zehner that is - not the troll, whose nonsense everyone somehow happily laps up) was just given perspective on how random people who don't follow things closely might see things. And I tend to agree. As far as the broad perception (with a touch of ignorance) goes all the good SAF did for young players is history, they aren't aware or care how many squad players are from the academy or how many players made it to the likes of Everton or Burnley, they only have superficial knowledge so they are only aware of perhaps Martial (who lets be honest has not lived up to the "most expensive teenager in the world" price tag) and Rashford who may or may not have his true breakthrough season this year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yea, so I struggle to understand their lure. Even the two we got never really did anything of note, although I used to really like Shinji.

Hopefully Jadon changes this, if we get him that is. :keano:
The amount of players they help develop that end up being failures is pretty high. So I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise when a door mat club like BvB doesn't have a good record at all in this regard.

Sancho was a youngster at Man City that wanted to join United just before he departed City. But City wasn't gonna allow him to join us so he reluctantly joined BVB as per the OP. Even that transfer is spun by one particular BVB fan like it was Sancho's preference to join BVB rather than come to United which is false per the Journos closely associated to both United and City.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think he (@Zehner that is - not the troll, whose nonsense everyone somehow happily laps up) was just given perspective on how random people who don't follow things closely might see things. And I tend to agree. As far as the broad perception (with a touch of ignorance) goes all the good SAF did for young players is history, they aren't aware or care how many squad players are from the academy or how many players made it to the likes of Everton or Burnley, they only have superficial knowledge so they are only aware of perhaps Martial (who lets be honest has not lived up to the "most expensive teenager in the world" price tag) and Rashford who may or may not have his true breakthrough season this year.
Exactly.

red thru&thru

The amount of players they help develop that end up being failures is pretty high. So I'm not sure how anyone can say otherwise when a door mat club like BvB doesn't have a good record at all in this regard.

Sancho was a youngster at Man City that wanted to join United just before he departed City. But City wasn't gonna allow him to join us so he reluctantly joined BVB as per the OP. Even that transfer is spun by one particular BVB fan like it was Sancho's preference to join BVB rather than come to United which is false per the Journos closely associated to both United and City.
And this is a similar case to Jude. He knows he's not currently going to get much time here so best to go to the German league and get some good experience and come when someone like Matic or Fred about to leave.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Are you really trying to shift the blame on the selling club here? You saying it's on Dortmund when players regress after their move? :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Brain says let him go to Dortmund to develop faster than in any other club and the gut feeling says he'll be ours this year or in 3/4 seasons anyway.

Grande

In fairness, we're still a destination club for most players rather than a stepping stone. If a player does well here generally we fight to keep them. There are only a hand full of players who are at a level to go on to do better after being here.

We do give game time to young players but it's a far more competitive league and higher expectations. Plus as you say, Ole is not 100% secure in the job and developing his reputation as well.

I can see why young players might choose Dortmund as a bridge at the moment. Especially given that they are willing to include buy out clauses or agree to let their players go for the right price without too much fuss.
Yes, agree with all of that, and the Haaland release clause (if true, is it verified) would speak very clearly to the importance of that aspect.
I like that we are looking at the absolute top class youth in the world like we did with Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson and Nani. They don’t always become a Rooney, and sometimes an Anderson, but on the total I think it’s a more likely bet than going for ten lower class talents, letting them scrap for game time (the likes of Obertan).

Then again, it makes more sense to splash millions on Haaland and Bellingham when we do have a lot of established and seasond top players at the club, and when we don’t have players like Greenwood and Mejbri already at the club in similar age and position.

At this point, I would rather overspend on the best RW we can Possibly get.

Beaucoup

He'll slot right in, the Bundesliga isn't much better than the Championship anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We have somebody in Mejbri who looks just as (if not more) talented than Bellingham anyway, just not as physically mature.

While signing him would have been great I don't feel a great sense of loss either - we shall see how he does in Germany.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Yeah, that’s what’s happening here. We’re all so “butt hurt” about losing out on transfer deals. Not the deliberately obtuse postings of Bundesliga fans goading posters and then feigning innocence when called out on it.

red thru&thru

We have somebody in Mejbri who looks just as (if not more) talented than Bellingham anyway, just not as physically mature.

While signing him would have been great I don't feel a great sense of loss either - we shall see how he does in Germany.
I have a lot of faith in Mejbri and believe he will be good. But to diminish Bellingham isn't fair on him. Championship is a lot harder than U18's.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah, that’s what’s happening here. We’re all so “butt hurt” about losing out on transfer deals. Not the deliberately obtuse postings of Bundesliga fans goading posters and then feigning innocence when called out on it.
It's amazing to see how your perception is able to filter out the goading of your fan mates...

Coops73

Ähm, just no.

I guess the big deeplaying problem of United the whole last decade is, that it does't know what it is. It is a elite club which just buys galaticos (or players Woodward thinks they are galaticos)? Or it is a club where all the best young players are (self developed, bought and developed futher, what ever)? Or something in between? Nobody knows.

If you ask someone on the streets about United, he probably will say something like "money money money, are buying players here and there", but you will never hear "Ah United, the ones with their famous work on young players, worldwide reputation for scouting and developing players".
Sorry, but its true.
Then I’d say the people on “the streets” knowledge about football is pretty poor. Rashford, McTominay, Greenwood, Martial, Pogba are just a few that have been brought through the youth system and have been scouted that are in the team right now, getting regular first team football, playing at the highest level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have a lot of faith in Mejbri and believe he will be good. But to diminish Bellingham isn't fair on him. Championship is a lot harder than U18's.
I'm not diminishing Bellingham at all. I'm just saying we have another superbly gifted talent that we have at the club who we all have to look forward to.

And as far as Bellingham playing the number of games he did for Birmingham's first team was due to Birmingham City covering all angles regarding a compensation fee. Which was reported by Neil Moxley who is probably along with two other journos the most trustworthy journo for the club.

Eckers99

Nonsense like "Dortmund making great players a myth anyway"?
A minor exaggeration compared to some of the absolute uninformed guff being spouted by some of the German posters.

What's with the Bundesliga defence corps uniting to defend little old Dortmund anyway? Is it a big brotherly concern for your feeder club?

Status
Not open for further replies.