Jude Bellingham | Signed for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, so. What’s with Camavinga these days ? You really looking to get rid already ?
ah no! Camavinga is great, but I think the idea is to move to 4231 with Tchouameni and Camavinga as pivots.
Personally I think Cama works better with a lot of space in front of him, although we'll have to see how he develops as a player.
Sucic or Majer (maybe both) seems to be the type of Modric replacement Real will go for. Not that Real can't afford Bellingham, but I don't see Florentino giving the green light on the exorbitant fee for a single English player.
I know Majer but not Sucic. Majer may remind a bit of Modric but I don't think they are looking for a new Modric or Kroos.
They seem to be obsessed with Bellingham's profile, for physicality, ball handling, verticality.
I haven't seen that much either to know if he is what we need but at some point it will have to spend. The squad is getting shorter and shorter

Dominos

He seems to have made up his mind based on the England camp videos hanging out with the Liverpool lads. Just like Sancho had when the PSG-United game showed his celebrating back in March 2019. Pogba joined United when we were in the Europa. One league season without the CL wouldn't be a breaking point for Bellingham. He probably would like to know the future of Klopp and would just commit to 5 years.

The only way he would not join is that Liverpool need defenders and midfielders and spending a lot on Jude would not make sense. But i hope he goes there for a record 100 million plus and Liverpool do not get the money to spend more.

Not too fussed if he joins United or doesn't.
I'm still sceptical about this idea he's destined for Liverpool.

If Bellingham is as in demand as we expect, I'm not sure what Liverpool's competitive advantage is meant to be. They don't pay the biggest transfer fees, they don't pay the highest wages, they're not the club with the most guarantee for trophies (the likes of City and Madrid trump them there). Any time there's speculation that a player has basically already agreed to join a certain club a year in advance it's almost certainly bollocks. Bellingham has his pick of Europe's elite clubs, he can take his time and pick the best option in the summer with the latest information.

The latest information being who's qualified for the champions league, who looks to be closest to competing at the very top at the time, and who's offering the highest salary. If Liverpool carry on this dreadful season and finish 7th I'm not sure how they beat other elite clubs to his signing.

Generally when a team not in the CL attracts a top player it's partly because no one else was willing to pay the insane transfer fee or wages, e.g. Pogba to United.

Member 101269

If Bellingham is as in demand as we expect, I'm not sure what Liverpool's competitive advantage is meant to be. They don't pay the biggest transfer fees, they don't pay the highest wages, they're not the club with the most guarantee for trophies (the likes of City and Madrid trump them there). Any time there's speculation that a player has basically already agreed to join a certain club a year in advance it's almost certainly bollocks. Bellingham has his pick of Europe's elite clubs, he can take his time and pick the best option in the summer with the latest information.

The latest information being who's qualified for the champions league, who looks to be closest to competing at the very top at the time, and who's offering the highest salary. If Liverpool carry on this dreadful season and finish 7th I'm not sure how they beat other elite clubs to his signing.

Generally when a team not in the CL attracts a top player it's partly because no one else was willing to pay the insane transfer fee or wages, e.g. Pogba to United.
Would Bellingham go there now?

Liverpool having less PL money, no CL money, less cup run money.. down 100m?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

ah no! Camavinga is great, but I think the idea is to move to 4231 with Tchouameni and Camavinga as pivots.
Personally I think Cama works better with a lot of space in front of him, although we'll have to see how he develops as a player.

I know Majer but not Sucic. Majer may remind a bit of Modric but I don't think they are looking for a new Modric or Kroos.
They seem to be obsessed with Bellingham's profile, for physicality, ball handling, verticality.
I haven't seen that much either to know if he is what we need but at some point it will have to spend. The squad is getting shorter and shorter
Luka Sucic fits that profile more than Majer. But how many midfielders do Real actually need? You already have an excellent young core in Tchoumeni, Camavinga and Valverde. Problem for Madrid is the attack not more players in an already crowded midfield.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I was pretty confident he was going Manchester City until the news today. I don't think he will go Liverpool, they won't be in the Champions League and will need more than one midfielder so don't see them using most of their budget on one player. Don't think it will be Manchester United, but who knows. Arsenal could potentially be an option, they want Caicedo or Rice so have big money for a young midfielder.

Mainoldo

EtH uses Casemiro at the 6 in the build up phase most of the time and he's typically the deepest midfielder defensively in the rotation. Can he carry a ball? yes Does he get into the box at times? yes

I'd rather have a guy like Jude who is a pure box to box guy that can carry the ball and create around the box than put a guy like Rice in there who is much more like Casemiro as then our midfield becomes a bit too defensive minded
That’s fair. I agree with that analysis. But like someone mentioned Bellinghams possession sense in the middle of the park isn’t the best. We would have to change our formation for him to a 3 instead of a 2. It doesn’t work with Bruno currently in the team. Which is why Rice, De Jong etc makes more sense.

However it’s hard to turn down a Jude Bellingham.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The most bizarre thing is Bellingham is basically the entire budget for them, and they realistically need another 2-3 mids in even after him. Seems idiotic.

bosskeano

That’s fair. I agree with that analysis. But like someone mentioned Bellinghams possession sense in the middle of the park isn’t the best. We would have to change our formation for him to a 3 instead of a 2. It doesn’t work with Bruno currently in the team. Which is why Rice, De Jong etc makes more sense.

However it’s hard to turn down a Jude Bellingham.
Bruno would have to change his game and be a bit more disciplined...which honestly i think a lot of us would prefer anyway

however....in the end i don't think we will be one of his preferred destinations and we'll be focusing on a different guy in the middle

Dominos

Would Bellingham go there now?

Liverpool having less PL money, no CL money, less cup run money.. down 100m?
I wasn't thinking about the latest City news when I posted. But we'll have to see what their punishment is and whether it's even resolved by the summer. If it's a severe punishment it may rule them out.

Amazing Santos

We're signing Declan Rice in the summer according to Mark Goldbrige. Although West Ham want 120m. Jude Bellingham not going to happen.

Utuhu

Am I the only one who strongly believe that this guy is overrated?
Yes he is good but not all that the way you guys hype him up.

I will prefer Gravenberch.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Am I the only one who strongly believe that this guy is overrated?
Yes he is good but not all that the way you guys hype him up.

I will prefer Gravenberch.
I have watched this kid since he was an early teenager, mate, believe me he’s not overrated. He was bullying grown men at 15 years old, and bullying hairy rsed championship players at 16

He has never ruled Manchester United out, he just went to Dormand for his development, which is proving to be the right move. United fans should not hate on him. He will be an asset to whoever gets him for the next 10 years. It’s not just his ability, it is character, he is the model professional. He demands perfection. Have you not seen clips of him when he was 18 years old, telling off seasoned professionals, and they said that they respect him enough to listen after a while as he’s proved his pedigree.

They are not the kind of family to spread rumours. Whoever shows him the best pathway to greatness will get him.

Crimson King

I have watched this kid since he was an early teenager, mate, believe me he’s not overrated. He was bullying grown men at 15 years old, and bullying hairy rsed championship players at 16

He has never ruled Manchester United out, he just went to Dormand for his development, which is proving to be the right move. United fans should not hate on him. He will be an asset to whoever gets him for the next 10 years. It’s not just his ability, it is character, he is the model professional. He demands perfection. Have you not seen clips of him when he was 18 years old, telling off seasoned professionals, and they said that they respect him enough to listen after a while as he’s proved his pedigree.

They are not the kind of family to spread rumours. Whoever shows him the best pathway to greatness will get him.
Fair play mate, but I just don't personally think any player is worth that kind of money. Maybe a prime Ronaldo or Messi, mostly for the guaranteed goals, but beyond that I'm always very doubtful these transfers work out. I'd also question whether he'd stay anywhere for 10 years, although I guess Chelsea might try and offer him a contract that long...

United's squad still needs shoring up in so many areas, this current run we're on has already started to expose our lack of quality in depth. I just feel you could make 3/4 astute signings for the money it would cost for Bellingham. They might not be better than him, but their overall impact on the team would be greater. Especially as Bellingham is excelling in a more advanced role for Dortmund this season, which isn't really a priority for us, I don't think.

Whether I trust United's recruitment team to make those signings is another question...they seem to be improving though.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal

Klopp's style is probably the best fit for a dynamic box to box like Bellingham. I think he's good enough to fit every system, but I can understand why he'd prefer Liverpool.

Strootman's Finger

We're signing Declan Rice in the summer according to Mark Goldbrige. Although West Ham want 120m. Jude Bellingham not going to happen.
He did not, he talked about the idea of signing him, but made no assertion that it was happening. In fact, if it's the discussion I am thinking of, he was actually talking about a news story saying we bid last summer, and he said he didn't believe it.

Strootman's Finger

what does Goldbrige know though? He is a rant-merchant, nothing more.
Probably a lot more than you. He's well connected and well informed. But I am sure a bunch of people who don't listen, therefore have no idea what he talks about, or his track record, will tell me I am wrong.

sparx99

Probably a lot more than you. He's well connected and well informed. But I am sure a bunch of people who don't listen, therefore have no idea what he talks about, or his track record, will tell me I am wrong.
He doesn't know anything. He just re-words news articles and tweets. Being on Talksport occasionally should actually make you less respected.

BerryBerryShrew

How's his little bro getting on? Potentially better than Jude or a Thorgen to Jude's Eden?

Bojan Djordjic

I think a lot has changed since these rumours began. City could be relegated, Liverpool have lost their entire recruitment team just as the squad they've built their success on is aging out and needs to be rebuilt, Chelsea won't have Champions League football and Madrid already have a very young and talented midfield. Things are falling into United's hands a little bit. I'm by no means confident that he is either United's top target or that he will end up with us but we are in an advantageous position if we really wanted him and can sort out our finances. Wouldn't be shocked if a wildcard like Newcastle got top four and decided to flex their financial muscle and make their first real statement signing on suitably massive wages.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think a lot has changed since these rumours began. City could be relegated, Liverpool have lost their entire recruitment team just as the squad they've built their success on is aging out and needs to be rebuilt, Chelsea won't have Champions League football and Madrid already have a very young and talented midfield. Things are falling into United's hands a little bit. I'm by no means confident that he is either United's top target or that he will end up with us but we are in an advantageous position if we really wanted him and can sort out our finances. Wouldn't be shocked if a wildcard like Newcastle got top four and decided to flex their financial muscle and make their first real statement signing on suitably massive wages.
I think if United get taken over by the summer and the transfer debt is cleared as part of that. Then we will probably see a couple of statement signings. I’d imagine Jude is near the top of that list, and rightly so. If we get QIA I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bellingham and Mbappe in the summer. The Qataris will happily sell to themselves.

Assuming we ship out Maguire, one of McFred, VdB for okay fees, and a bunch of deadwood like Telles, Bailly, and Jones. I’d like to see the spine of the team strengthened so there is genuine quality in depth, while also improving the best xi. That would be something like Raya, Gvardiol, Bellingham, and Mbappe/Osimhen. Needs new owners though.

That makes us instant title contenders at home and in Europe. I think it’s hard to be predictive until we know who the new owners will be.

Erik the Red

I think if United get taken over by the summer and the transfer debt is cleared as part of that. Then we will probably see a couple of statement signings. I’d imagine Jude is near the top of that list, and rightly so. If we get QIA I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bellingham and Mbappe in the summer. The Qataris will happily sell to themselves.

Assuming we ship out Maguire, one of McFred, VdB for okay fees, and a bunch of deadwood like Telles, Bailly, and Jones. I’d like to see the spine of the team strengthened so there is genuine quality in depth, while also improving the best xi. That would be something like Raya, Gvardiol, Bellingham, and Mbappe/Osimhen. Needs new owners though.

That makes us instant title contenders at home and in Europe. I think it’s hard to be predictive until we know who the new owners will be.
If we're strengthening the spine of the team with the names you have listed above (who would all be good signings), why not complete the team and get Jude's best mate as a Bruno / Eriksen replacement, Jamal Musiala. Him and Bellingham together would have us set at numbers 8 and 10 for the next decade.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I have an irrational fear of us signing Dortmund players. Always arrive with so much hype and flop.

Obviously for others it has worked, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Haaland etc

But we have been burnt badly each time.

Chief123

I just don’t understand how Bellingham to Liverpool makes sense for player or club at this moment in time.

Liverpool are in dire need of a complete rebuild. Keita and Ox are on their way out this summer. Thiago, Henderson and Fabinho look aged and shot to pieces. That’s 5 midfielders that all need a refresh. On top of that they’ve got an aging Salah, Firmino and VVD that need some young blood to phase them out. And then the signings of Gakpo and Nunez aren’t looking too great right now.

I just don’t see how spending £120m+ on one player makes any sense for them right now. Even with Jude, they need a bunch of high quality players alongside him.

On top of that they are reported to have nowhere near the levels of interest in new ownership as was expected. This season could and probably will get a whole lot worse for them. Klopp will be at breaking point by the end of it.

Gurtej

I have no doubt that if we make top 4, we will have a decent chance of getting him especially if we have a new ownership.

I really don’t see a point of going to Madrid given how packed it already is and I assume he would want to come back to England.

I think ETH can sell him the project especially if we also add a WC striker under the new ownership.

As things stand today, Man Utd is a better proposition for any player both on and off the field than most clubs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.