Julen Lopetegui watch

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Surely they wouldn't be able to make an appointment before our game if he leaves? So no new manager bounce this time hopefully.

stu_1992

Feck sake. I'm confident for that game but if they sack their manager now the doubt would start to creep in.

Santos J

Surely they wouldn't be able to make an appointment before our game if he leaves? So no new manager bounce this time hopefully.
They've got Gary O'Neil lined up and ready to go apparently so I imagine if he's gone in the next couple of days O'Neil will probably be in before Monday.

SteveCoppellFan

Feck sake. I'm confident for that game but if they sack their manager now the doubt would start to creep in.
Im confused, are posters just joking and looking for a reaction when they post stuff like this or are some just that pessimistic ?

Im trying not to be the sucker at the poker table.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why would there be a 'new manager bounce'?

Not exactly like the Wolves players want him to leave, they are more likely to down tools should he leave surely?!

quadrant

This is the probably going to be the opposite of new manager bounce. That usually happens when a team has lost faith in the old manager and a new guy comes in, gees everyone up and they all try and prove a point to him.

In this case it'd be a disaster for Wolves. Lopetegui is a great manager and would be a big loss. They've just lost half their first team, the season is just about to begin and they can't afford to buy replacements. This would be incredibly demoralising.

I already thought Wolves would get relegated, if Lopetegui goes I'd put them in a race with Luton to finish bottom.

Cloud7

Is there a new manager bounce when a quality manager who did a decent job is fired :lol: Surely seems like it would be the opposite, no?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Deffo no new manager bounce. They're gonna get battered. Theyve lost key players and brought pretty much no one in.

They're bringing in a new manager less than a week before the season starts, after allegedly knowing Lopetegui wanted out all summer. They're a shambles at the minute.

Right now, they're a good bet to go down.

BerryBerryShrew

Wolves could be in trouble this season. If you look at their squad there's not much there that'll keep them in the league.
Where will poor Jorge Mendes traffick his players if that happens?

Poor, poor Jorge Mendes.

micmac

Regardless of who the manager is we are going to ravage them. I see them finishing 19th right above Luton Town.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Gary O'Neil will be a risky appointment. Not sure he even speaks Portuguese.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
3 days before the opening games. Yikes. Didn’t he pull some shit in the lead up to the opening game of the 2018 World Cup?
I remember him quitting his Spain NT job to go coach madrid yeah. Not 100% sure re timing but you could be right. Obviously didn’t last long at madrid either.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
New manager bounce only comes in when a team was underperforming and a manager was sacked for results. That's a legit thing. A manager leaving because the owners haven't supported him after he did a good job with the group, is the opposite of new manager bounce.

LordSpud

Another season looms, another season of clubs managers getting the sack before we play them :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I remember him quitting his Spain NT job to go coach madrid yeah. Not 100% sure re timing but you could be right. Obviously didn’t last long at madrid either.
No I think it was him agreeing to be the Real Madrid manager and it was announced a few days before the start of the World Cup and Spain weren’t having it so they so sacked him. Probably harsh to say it was his fault because the timing of the announcement probably had nothing to do with him .

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Wolves are in for a serious relegation battle it seems. For me, the change in manager and the lack of signings to replace some key players means they’ll be going down.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He didn't quit, he accepted an offer to coach Madrid after the WC and the Spanish FA had a complete meltdown and fired him.
Aargh, yeah that makes more sense. Memory isn't what it once was :(

No I think it was him agreeing to be the Real Madrid manager and it was announced a few days before the start of the World Cup and Spain weren’t having it so they so sacked him. Probably harsh to say it was his fault because the timing of the announcement probably had nothing to do with him .
Aaargh yes, as Gandalf said above. Just shit out of luck with his timing it seems :lol:

Does anyone know what caused the separation with Wolves at this point?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Either he's really an ass to work with or he has awful judgment when it comes to choosing his workplace.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another situation where we play a team that’s just sacked there manager…

DavelinaJolie

3 days before the opening games. Yikes. Didn’t he pull some shit in the lead up to the opening game of the 2018 World Cup?
But in this case the club can't afford to buy players despite selling, he didn't get any support that he was supposedly expecting from meetings earlier in the summer and the squad has no depth.

Wolves are going down.

quadrant

But in this case the club can't afford to buy players despite selling, he didn't get any support that he was supposedly expecting from meetings earlier in the summer and the squad has no depth.

Wolves are going down.
If Wolves have a bad start I can see them spiralling. And given that they face United, Brighton, Liverpool and City in their first 7 games, with the other 3 all away from home, that's entirely likely.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You let Jorge Mendes run your club. Every club he touches burns and dies, look at Valencia. Wolves are getting relegated and their financial situation will probably worsen as well.

Welcome to Jorge Mendes hell.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Probably the right move for him. They pocketed a hefty fee for Neves and have not even reinvested it in a league where virtually every club is spending significant amounts of money to try & build a team capable of staying up. They'll be battling relegation against Luton, Burnley, Sheffield and a couple of usual suspects and I'm not even sure they'll have enough to stay up which is possibly not what he had signed up for. Nobody wants to have relegation on their resume, you could see how much our fan base despised and belittled Ole for going down with Cardiff in what had also been a hopeless situation at the time.

glasgow 21

I have to say Julen Lopetegui will have no problem getting a job. He came across well in the media anytime i saw him and has a decent playing style so if the guy feesl he is hamstrung he had no other option than pull the plug. Managers rarely resign so shows he has at least integrity as most would have sat on their hands and waited for the inevitable payoff when things went wrong.