Jules Koundé | Signs for Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Konate release clause more than that as far what I know. Unless I miss something here.

On current level, Kounde is better. I made bold statement last summer that Kounde is better than Upamecano. Unpopular opinion but I just see him to be more intelligent and also physically still strong.
That is not an unpopular opinion, i think that as well. Besides that, Upamecano looks nailed on for Bayern

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That is not an unpopular opinion, i think that as well. Besides that, Upamecano looks nailed on for Bayern
I said that in October before season started, I think back then was unpopular opinion. Few posters against it.

Silas

Konate release clause more than that as far what I know. Unless I miss something here.

On current level, Kounde is better. I made bold statement last summer that Kounde is better than Upamecano. Unpopular opinion but I just see him to be more intelligent and also physically still strong.
jYeah just realised the only 'source' of that was a random post on here, my bad.

That's interesting then, one to watch for sure.
Not as injured proned for sure
True.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Does he have a buyout or what's the rumored price? I've noticed him during our clashes with Sevilla over the years and their usual EL runs but admittedly never thought much of him. If he is as good as many in this thread think he is, height can be worked around with the right partners in the team i guess.
90m is his release clause, rather there something in the clause to lower it I don't know, but 90m is needed to be paid to get him out of Sevilla.

STYLOISRED

Anytime i watch Upamecano, he is meh. Anytime I watch this dude, he is class. He is the type of defender that does his job well. Hardly over commits and also very good at last Ditch tackles when needed. The height may be an issue in the premier League though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wasn’t Daily Blind pretty small and he played centre back for us very well? In fact, winning the ball in the air wasn’t his issue but the fact that he was slow was.
He played as CB in 2015-16, he won 1 aerial duel per game and lost 1.5 per game. That's very poor record.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
he’d be well worth it and take United defence to another level Pool spent a record fee on van Dijk and City on Laporte and Dias.
Yeah he looks immense and a good fit for Maguire. I’d just be worried about spending that world record fee and have to worry about size/how he’d fit into the EPL. Especially since we’ve been sorely missing a RW and we need an upgrade at DM.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wasn’t Daily Blind pretty small and he played centre back for us very well? In fact, winning the ball in the air wasn’t his issue but the fact that he was slow was.
That wasn’t an issue either. It was just one of those things that people logically expected to be an issue, so have just gone with it. On the actual grass, it wasn’t really an issue either.

SAFMUTD

Werent rumors about Sevilla rejecting 60M from City for him? I mean he's good, but 60M I think its too much.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
he’d be well worth it and take United defence to another level Pool spent a record fee on van Dijk and City on Laporte and Dias.
He won't be. Atleast as per the reports from regular La liga viewers

croadyman

Probably him specifically since I rate him but if we have top quality alternative, I'm good with it.
My top choice would be Konate if he was over injuries but wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to sign Milenkovic and focus funds on CDM & RW but getting all three looks a big ask in the summer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My top choice would be Konate if he was over injuries but wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to sign Milenkovic and focus funds on CDM & RW but getting all three looks a big ask in the summer
Whoever we are going to sign as CB in my opinion will have big big pressure and expectation. In my opinion Kounde is just more suitable to handle the pressure and expectation than Konate and Milenkovic because at least he played in top La Liga teams that won Europa League. While the other two haven't really experienced the winning mentality. I just don't want to see another bottler.

I don't give a feck about RW since we are scoring lot of goals right now, we can hold the position another year. As for CDM, I am more concerned with CB & GK right now.

Tallis

Whoever we are going to sign as CB in my opinion will have big big pressure and expectation. In my opinion Kounde is just more suitable to handle the pressure and expectation than Konate and Milenkovic because at least he played in top La Liga teams that won Europa League. While the other two haven't really experienced the winning mentality. I just don't want to see another bottler.

I don't give a feck about RW since we are scoring lot of goals right now, we can hold the position another year. As for CDM, I am more concerned with CB & GK right now.
Should sign 2 of the 3. Milenkovic is going to be cheap as his contract is up soon. Then, get one of the other two.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think I can go another season of watching United without a proper RW.

Two recent high scoring games aren't going to change that opinion neither is the form of Greenwood or Amad in the u23's.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Werent rumors about Sevilla rejecting 60M from City for him? I mean he's good, but 60M I think its too much.
Clubs across Europe will be snapping hands off for £60m this summer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Everything I’ve read of Mikenkovic suggests he’s average on the ball and not quick. Seriously don’t get why people are suggesting him. We’re trying to get a mobile CB that will allow us to play high and dominate the ball. Him being cheap is irrelevant if he doesn’t suit the profile we need.

arthurka

Don't care who just not Lindelöf and Harry as our main unit please. This guy looks class so let's get him.

Roboc7

Kounde makes sense but price would have to drop to more like £40m, no way we will be spending more than that on a CB.

Milenkovic looks like good player, might be cheap but from what I’ve seen he wouldn’t be suited to playing alongside Maguire, more of an alternative/replacement.

Dominos

After all the complaints about how poor we are defending set pieces and Lindelof's lack of aerial prowess, some on here want us to sign a 5ft 10 centre half...

To get away with being this short you'd need to play in a team that is so dominant you have to do very little traditional backs to the wall defending. I'm thinking Pep's teams in their absolute prime.

There's no way we're getting away with a centre back this short with the way we play, and in this league.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Blind is an inch taller than Kounde’s reported height, but yeah, you’re right. He was part of a pairing that won our last major trophies — the FA Cup and Europa League.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Steve Bates had to fill column inches for his Sunday piece and being the Man Utd correspondent for the Sunday Mirror he threw the name of Jules Kounde as click bait.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
If he’s as good as some posters are saying and we could get him in a deflated market without any competition it could be another clever signing. City wanted him but got priced out last summer. It sounds like something that we would actually go for. I still have worries about his size and I think we should sign a left footer but I trust the process.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
After all the complaints about how poor we are defending set pieces and Lindelof's lack of aerial prowess, some on here want us to sign a 5ft 10 centre half...

To get away with being this short you'd need to play in a team that is so dominant you have to do very little traditional backs to the wall defending. I'm thinking Pep's teams in their absolute prime.

There's no way we're getting away with a centre back this short with the way we play, and in this league.
He won more aerial duel than Lindelof last season and this season and that includes CL & EL comparison.

Okey

I'd take Milenkovic above Kounde ATM. Has same pace and aggression, and the physique to go with the Premier league. Will be much cheaper too. Ideal partner for Maguire in my opinion.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Is he pacy enough to play a high line ? I'm not worried about his aerial capability as we still have Maguire who can cover for him but the first goal was diabolical yesterday. You just can't get beat by a simple through ball .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he pacy enough to play a high line ? I'm not worried about his aerial capability as we still have Maguire who can cover for him but the first goal was diabolical yesterday. You just can't get beat by a simple through ball .
He's more than quick enough to defend the channel on his own. His problem may arise against the high ball in a league which tests you like no other aerially and physically.

Dominos

I don't get this attitude. Maguire cannot cover the entire width/length of the pitch and the whole of the penalty area. Maguire is one of the best headers of the ball in the league and we're still poor defending set pieces because the rest of the team is nowhere near his level.

The more players we have that are truly dominant in the air the better.

We are not 2011 Barca who can get away with Mascherano at centre back.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't get this attitude. Maguire cannot cover the entire width/length of the pitch and the whole of the penalty area. Maguire is one of the best headers of the ball in the league and we're still poor defending set pieces because the rest of the team is nowhere near his level.

The more players we have that are truly dominant in the air the better.

We are not 2011 Barca who can get away with Mascherano at centre back.
If you can jump high and heading the ball properly then it’s not big deal. I would even take Puyol despite of him being even shorter.

Dominos

He won more aerial duel than Lindelof last season and this season and that includes CL & EL comparison.
What about as a percentage of aerial duels? If I'm looking at the stats correctly he wins 59% this season which is not great considering Lindelof has 65% and Lindelof isn't very good in the air either.

And you'd expect him to face much more aerial bombardments in the PL if he came here.

Ultimately I don't want to be in a scenario where we're constantly saying "well it's not ideal but maybe we can get away with it". We're already trying to compensate for having 1 slow centre half in Maguire, the idea that we would try to compensate with having an absurdly short centre back too is just bizarre. Especially when we don't need to.

Devil may care

I don't think there's that many sides with gigantor strikers these days and Kounde has a good leap on him, I don't think we will benefit from having another big CB next to Maguire.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What about as a percentage of aerial duels? If I'm looking at the stats correctly he wins 59% this season which is not great considering Lindelof has 65% and Lindelof isn't very good either.

And you'd expect him to face much more aerial bombardments in the PL if he came here.

Ultimately I don't want to be in a scenario where we're constantly saying "well it's not ideal but maybe we can get away with it". We're already trying to compensate for having 1 slow centre half in Maguire, the idea that we would try to compensate with having an absurdly short centre back too is just bizarre. Especially when we don't need to.
Percentage? The stats I gave is not based on total but based on average per game of aerial duel win. This season he has more than 3 aerial duel win per game while Lindelof is 2.5 aerial duel win per game. The same with last season including EL & CL.

Not sure where is the percentage came from. Mind to share? Not like it will count as losing aerial duel if you don’t even trying to make attempt.

He’s that confident with his heading that he even said this:
https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/i-w...os-sevillas-kounde/184aowgrsumuj1j6oddstp2kps

Status
Not open for further replies.