Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What the feck was he wearing? That's something you'd expect pop stars to be wearing to the Met Gala or something.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
A bit naive from him to push so high against a good counter attacking team, but its the group stages so losing 0-5 is not that different to losing 0-2 honestly, had it been the knock out stages he would be mad to do that. Still a good coach imo. I am very much Ole in, but its not that long ago we gotten beaten by 5 so lets not put too much into one result. They happen

Also, what was wrong with his outfit? Maybe drop the blue tie, but i've seen much worse on the touchline. Remember Wengers insane long coats? That was something else

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and am very very happy for Ole and his players, but it wasn’t really a 5-0 game. It was closer than that. Our first 2 goals had to be VAR checked and Matic was lucky not to be sent off. With better luck, JN would have won or at least drawn this game.

Classical Mechanic

Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and am very very happy for Ole and his players, but it wasn’t really a 5-0 game. It was closer than that. Our first 2 goals had to be VAR checked and Matic was lucky not to be sent off. With better luck, JN would have won or at least drawn this game.
What is this strangeness? It's absolutely irrelevant to anything. Leipzig's xG was 0.46. They were easily controlled throughout the whole game and didn't deserve anything.

That said, Nanglesman is a getting pretty good purchase out of a fairly ordinary team of players it seems. The Premier League would be much different for him. He'd face pragmatic teams like us on a regular basis. He'd need a very talented squad because his side last night showed zero craft to actually create anything when faced with a low block. Shades of Graham Potter at Brighton, the style is there but where's the substance?

Call me petty but I can't stand his attention seeking. He dresses like a prat to put himself in the limelight. I don't want a character like that on our sidelines. He's cringeworthy. At least Mourinho can wear a suit and dress himself.

stevoc

How exactly was he unlucky that two goals against his team were correctly ruled onside?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How exactly was he unlucky that two goals against his team were correctly ruled onside?
So unlucky that rashford and Greenwood timed their runs to perfection.

The second one from the camera angles we see (not sure if the officials see anything different) was blatantly in our half, Greenwood one was so tight but the camera angle made it hard to judge.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The line was unnaturally curved when they checked for the first goal, that’s what he said.
When someone looks a prat more often than not he is one.
Wearing his clown jacket again (was it the same as against PSG?) and then getting angry when journalists ask about it.
I had to laugh when Bild titled today „Nagelsmann bekommt das Sakko voll“, not sure how to properly translate this :)

On the other hand he is still a young lad and his tactical knowledge is impressive, so he will surely win a a lot of things in the future.

troylocker

Eeh ! They created 1 chance in 90 minutes. His team management in the 2nd half must be some of the worst we have seen in CL-history

Pagh Wraith

Auf die Frage, ob sein Sakko nun nicht als Glücksbringer in den Kleiderschrank wandern werde, meinte Nagelsmann bei Sky genervt: "Reden wir nicht so viel über meine Klamotten. Ich ziehe einfach an, was mir gefällt. Ich bin Fußballtrainer, kein Model."
When asked whether his jacket wouldn't go into the wardrobe as a lucky charm now, Nagelsmann responeded on Sky, annoyed: "Let's not talk so much about my clothes. I just wear what I like. I am a football coach, not a model."

Robbie Boy

I had seen feck all of him prior to last night but my god they were awful. We contained them no problem at all and when we went for it, we ripped them to shreds. I was expecting a-lot more from him/them, given the hype.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
VAR checked, so what? They are goals too. They barely created a chance, remember De Gea making save from Konate's header, nothing else.

Also Matic's yellow was not even clear cut yellow. If Matic should have been off, then Henrichs should be off too

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I agree.

If VAR had incorrectly ruled two goals offside and we had played poorly and they had played much better and the ref had maybe sent three United players off, JN could have drawn this game.

fallengt

Shameful display
I was expecting two footed tackle in the post match interview.

Dan_F

To the eye they played well in the first half, it’s easy to see how that system forces teams into mistakes. However, from an attacking point of view, they don’t seem to have any real quality. Compare their front line to ours and it’s almost embarrassing the difference in quality.

Of course I’m not saying anything new here, most people already knew about the system they play, but I was surprised how little quality they had individually.

youngrell

The last 20 minutes of the first half has flattered them and made their performance look better than it was. We matched their intensity up until our goal, and even for 5 minutes after we had good control of the game. They kept up the intensity thereafter while we floundered a little but they still created next to nothing.

Of course they have inferior players to us, but to use that as the main reason for the heavy defeat if disingenuous. Their collapse coincided with Nagelsmann's change of shape and personnel and he should take the brunt of the blame.

Mihai

Apart from Konate's header at the near post, I struggle to remember any other good chance they created. So, what better luck did Julian need? Our players to kick the ball in our own net?

Even if the first goal was disallowed, Marcus and Bruno were too much for their defence. Be it 0:0 or 1:0.

Glorio

What a joke :lol:
I'm sorry, does a VAR check reduce the relevance of a goal scored? Were they not legitimate goals in the old world if refs did their jobs properly?

How was Matic lucky not to be sent off, the yellow he got was completely unjustified, and one could argue wasn't even a foul - players are allowed to protect the ball with their arms.

Fans are biased beings, true, but the bias is normally towards the team/player/manager you support. So when you say with better luck JN would have won or at least drawn the game, I might be wrong, it suggests to me that its what you really wanted, as no one was lucky in this game.

Why then bring luck into the picture? Unless of course you're thinking of a scenario where his team got a lot better fortune than we did? That POV from a fan is frankly astounding.

Mihai

The last 20 minutes of the first half has flattered them and made their performance look better than it was. We matched their intensity up until our goal, and even for 5 minutes after we had good control of the game. They kept up the intensity thereafter while we floundered a little but they still created next to nothing.

Of course they have inferior players to us, but to use that as the main reason for the heavy defeat if disingenuous. Their collapse coincided with Nagelsmann's change of shape and personnel and he should take the brunt of the blame.
It's no a thorough review if you don't mention Nagelsmann's jacket.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Some of you have porridge for brains I swear to god.

Glorio

I agree.

If VAR had incorrectly ruled two goals offside and we had played poorly and they had played much better and the ref had maybe sent three United players off, JN could have drawn this game.
:lol::lol::lol:

Makes you wonder which team some on here really wanted to win the game