Just seen the news | Clacton

yaps

(287 Games - 15 Goals) Toxic Frogger
I grew up 3 or 4 roads away from where the murder in Clacton happened this afternoon. It used to be such a lovely place to live :(

yaps

Sorry to hear that Yaps

How are you these days
That's OK. To think that as a child, I used to be able to wander those streets quite happily. We would play football in the road, go to the park around the corner. It was a really nice place. I wonder what causes it to turn like into an area like it is.

I'm fine thanks! Work is exceptionally busy, but all is well! How be you?

MG

This happened just up the road from where I live. My friend literally lives right next to where it happened, she heard it all happen and my mum works nearby as well.

Everyone is freaking out right now, I can't believe he's still not been caught.

yaps

This happened just up the road from where I live. My friend literally lives right next to where it happened, she heard it all happen and my mum works nearby as well.

Everyone is freaking out right now, I can't believe he's still not been caught.
Hold on... you live near me?

yaps

I lived round the corner many many years ago (when I was a lad). I lived 'nearby' and of course still live nearby.

My word, I can't imagine how your friend must feel. It used to be a really safe area.

MG

She's scared, and so am I to be honest. I mean, the guy's still at large and is somewhere roaming around this area, and he's a lunatic with a gun.

This is probably better off moving to the CE forum.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Why does something have to have changed? A murder could happen anywhere surely?

Must be unsettling living nearby though.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
"Residents are being urged to remain indoors while armed officers locate the gunman.''

Stay safe guys.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Well he killed a Police Officer, so it's pretty close to Raoul Moat.
People don't just break into random peoples houses with the intention to kill. The man was more dangerous before he shot the officer. He'll be caught soon. Nothing to worry about as long as your indoors.

MG

They should get him soon enough, probably within the next few hours. And I doubt very much he's going to go on a shooting spree like Moat.

Should be over by the time I get up tomorrow.

Drainy

Its really freaky when a murder happens near your home.

Was one in the national newspapers a few years ago about a 5 minute walk up my street where a guy killed his ex-girlfriend's mum and left a message in blood then commit suicide at a Manchester car park.

yaps

Just seen the offical news wire:

SHOOTING UD

Police hunting the suspect wanted over a shooting of a police officer in Essex are understood to have found a body.

It's been recovered in a churchyard in Writtle near Chelmsford.

Essex Police say the risk to the public has been removed.

PC Ian Dibell was killed in the street where he lived in Clacton yesterday.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Why would you be scared when you are indoors? Does it sound like the guy is kicking down doors, shooting random people?

He also didn't just randomly murder the off-duty officer looking to go on some evil rampage, there was a dispute where the office then intervened and was sadly killed. I think people hear these things and like to imagine some deranged killer on the loose, killing people with no regard.

Liam147

On Probation
Yeah Hectic but if someone is mentally unstable enough to actually kill another human being, you've got to wonder what they can't do. What's to say he wouldn't try break into a house and possibly take hostages? Despite the fact that unlike Moat, he didn't just go around on a GTA rampage, you can't make the assumption he wouldn't start.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I also wouldn't make the assumption that he would do that either, based on the information released. Maybe it's different when it happens in your area, but if I heard that a 62 year old-man, who after having an altercation in the street, shot dead a police officer, I wouldn't worry about him breaking into my house. As WR said, I'd guess he was probably a lot more dangerous before he shot the officer.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I've been training for that day my entire life.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
From the tragedy of the Raoul Moat thread we also ended up with one RedCafe's finest moments, so you know, we may have missed a trick here.