Television Justified

wr8_utd

:'(
Enjoying the new season more as its progressed with the recent two episodes pretty good.

wr8_utd

:'(
The finale highlights how poor writing can be in shows that aren't top tier. Did not like the convenience with the whole Albanian angle.

Suv666

Call me too woke but the judge being lenient in Detroit was too cartoonist at the start of the City Primeval series, furthering the narrative that Liberals aren't tough on crime. Was also kinda racist...
Switched it off after that, maybe I'm wrong and they did more with in the future but it was enough to make me feck off.
I ain't watching Republican propaganda even its subtle or subliminal.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've just started season 1, 2 or 3 episodes in. Seems OK so far but nothing special. Sounds like it improves.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I've just started season 1, 2 or 3 episodes in. Seems OK so far but nothing special. Sounds like it improves.
Season 1 is a bit ‘villain of the week’ but still good tv. The show really hits its stride in season 2, culminating with season 4 which is one of my fave seasons of a tv show ever. There’s a drop in quality in Season 5, but it picks up again with Season 6.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Season 1 is a bit ‘villain of the week’ but still good tv. The show really hits its stride in season 2, culminating with season 4 which is one of my fave seasons of a tv show ever. There’s a drop in quality in Season 5, but it picks up again with Season 6.
I've just started this after watching the Mentalist.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished season 2. Good, but not great, but worth further commitment.

Winona is hot.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is decent but not top notch so far (half way through season 3). A quality filler between other stuff and I'm sure we will watch all seasons.

The Corinthian

I’m 2 episodes in on City Primeval and it’s top notch like the original show.

Wing Attack Plan R

Tim Olyphant is very good.
The agent who was in Eurotrip is good too.
Neal McDonough is a dick in real life though.
Margo Martindale’s bad accent gives me nightmares.
They seemed to want to cast villains that were cartoonish, from Walton Goggins to Mags and Quarles.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What did you think of the original show? Top notch tv right?

That final line between Boyd and Raylan in the jail cell always gets me in the feels.
Thought it started off a little slow, but gained traction in season two. Was sad to see it end.

Glad we are given this encore (even though it is only 8 episodes :( ).

It was a good line. Some kindred spirits just can't be completely broken. There was always something between the two of them.

The Corinthian

Just finished City Primeval, and loved it, although the storyline had some glaring holes by episode 7/8.

Really nice last few minutes as well reintroducing Boyd, although it could just be to give fans what they want i.e. a happy ending.

Not sure if they'll do a season 2, and not sure they should...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished City Primeval, and loved it, although the storyline had some glaring holes by episode 7/8.

Really nice last few minutes as well reintroducing Boyd, although it could just be to give fans what they want i.e. a happy ending.

Not sure if they'll do a season 2, and not sure they should...
Same here, finished Primeval the other day & very much enjoyed it. It was darker in tone than the original series, not as much comic relief, but it was done well. A very good coda.