Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah this is what baffles me about this and the Grealish threads. We should be building the midfield around Bruno not sacrificing him in a deeper role to accommodate another attacking midfielder.

Could it be possible you'll switch to a 4-3-3 or similar formation with Bruno and Havertz as 8s?

Robertd0803

Can Munich afford to be spending €100m on a single player or will they get a discount?
Not unless Bayern convince him to run down his contract and they will get a super discount then.

Also I would think 80 million plus 1 more season is an arguably better deal than 100 million considering they wont get all the money upfront anyway.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not unless Bayern convince him to run down his contract and they will get a super discount then.

Also I would think 80 million plus 1 more season is an arguably better deal than 100 million considering they wont get all the money upfront anyway.
Yeah, thought the same. I think I would've accepted that deal. Our officials seem to be very, very confident in these negotiations. Honestly didn't expect that. Thought we would have to let him go for around 80 million. If we neglect a way better offer than this, Völler and co. seem to be sure that they'll be able to get those 100 million from interested clubs. Maybe there are more offers on the table we don't know.

Robertd0803

Yeah, thought the same. I think I would've accepted that deal. Our officials seem to be very, very confident in these negotiations. Honestly didn't expect that. Thought we would have to let him go for around 80 million. If we neglect a way better offer than this, Völler and co. seem to be sure that they'll be able to get those 100 million from interested clubs. Maybe there are more offers on the table we don't know.
Yeah possibly. Hard to see how many clubs will spend that sort of cash for the next few windows though so possible they may have out priced the market although I can see the merit in not accepting the first half decent offer that comes along as well.

Is it a given that he is going to be sold to begin with?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah possibly. Hard to see how many clubs will spend that sort of cash for the next few windows though so possible they may have out priced the market although I can see the merit in not accepting the first half decent offer that comes along as well.

Is it a given that he is going to be sold to begin with?

Reports suggest he wants to move in tge summer. However, he himself doesn't seem to bother too much. Right now I wouldn't rule out that he stays for another season. The fact that the Madrid offer included a loan deal back to us supports the impression that remaining with us for an additional season seems to be okay for him.

Personally, I'm open to any of those solutions. With Wirtz, Paulinho, Palacios and Diaby there are four exceptional attacking/midfield talents that need playing time and Havertz would certainly affect their development if he stays but then again he's our best player by a landslide and I'm not sure we'll see a player of his quality at Leverkusen in the next one or two decades (although Wirtz and Paulinho look brillant to me), so we should try to hold on to him for as long as possible.

kirk buttercup

Leverkusen play Bayern tomorrow should be a good game to watch . I take it he is playing ? I haven't seen Leverkusen since Bundasliga has come back yet . If he is would be a good game for everyone to watch to see him play against the best in that league .

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Can Munich afford to be spending €100m on a single player or will they get a discount?
Bayern can afford Sané and Havertz but I highly doubt that they want to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thats just nonsense and you know it as well. We wont get two of the best young players in for 100m each.
We will likely pay the amounts in instalments. €100m paid over 5 years will only set us back €20m for the up coming transfer window.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Leverkusen play Bayern tomorrow should be a good game to watch . I take it he is playing ? I haven't seen Leverkusen since Bundasliga has come back yet . If he is would be a good game for everyone to watch to see him play against the best in that league .
Then you have missed out! He’s been the best player in the Bundesliga since the restart.

Robertd0803

Reports suggest he wants to move in tge summer. However, he himself doesn't seem to bother too much. Right now I wouldn't rule out that he stays for another season. The fact that the Madrid offer included a loan deal back to us supports the impression that remaining with us for an additional season seems to be okay for him.

Personally, I'm open to any of those solutions. With Wirtz, Paulinho, Palacios and Diaby there are four exceptional attacking/midfield talents that need playing time and Havertz would certainly affect their development if he stays but then again he's our best player by a landslide and I'm not sure we'll see a player of his quality at Leverkusen in the next one or two decades (although Wirtz and Paulinho look brillant to me), so we should try to hold on to him for as long as possible.
Cool thanks for the insight.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not in the squad today vs Bayern sadly! Calf injury strikes again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a good source normally.

Laurie Whitwell has also been reporting for several months that Havertz is one of the targets.

-Supreme-

He's a good source normally.

Laurie Whitwell has also been reporting for several months that Havertz is one of the targets.
Could be a good alternative to Sancho if he can play in the wide forward position and I'd personally like to see a left footed attacker to give a better balance

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Could be a good alternative to Sancho if he can play in the wide forward position and I'd personally like to see a left footed attacker to give a better balance
Even if Havertz cant play outside RW - play the 352 like we beat the big boys with. Greenwood &Havertz competing for the RF. Martial and Rashford competing for the LF. The CAM spot itself can be a false 9 type position which Havertz can play in or Martial or if it's just a straight up CAM then Havertz and Bruno Fernandes can compete for it.

I'm like you - I'm absolutely dying for left footed players because its balances out our weaknesses in a 433, 4231 and a 352 .

-Supreme-

Even if Havertz cant play outside RW - play the 352 like we beat the big boys with. Greenwood &Havertz competing for the RF. Martial and Rashford competing for the LF. The CAM spot itself can be a false 9 type position which Havertz can play in or Martial or if it's just a straight up CAM then Havertz and Bruno Fernandes can compete for it.

I'm like you - I'm absolutely dying for left footed players because its balances out our weaknesses in a 433, 4231 and a 352 .
Although we play 3-5-2 against top sides but our most used formations are 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 and we do need to bring in a player that can play in the RW.

The benefits and value of left footed players is understated on here, this is one of the main reasons why I don't think Williams will make our LB spot

gr3yham3

To be honest, I won't be surprised if we go for both Havertz and Sancho, and I hope that we really do so as well. Getting in the two of them and offloading players like Lingard and maybe Pereira will be boost to the team and the options that Ole can have. Havertz can easily play in the CAM, false 9 or any other of the forward positions should our first choice players be out injured/suspended/out of form. Ighalo is only here till Jan and once he is gone, we are rather bereft of good options at the central attacking positions if Martial and Bruno are out. First choice front 4 would then be Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Sancho, with more than able deputies of James, Havertz, Greenwood and Igahlo right behind them. Don't forget that it has constantly been reported that Ole is still looking for an option upfront, regardless of whether Ighalo was staying or not.

Havertz's off the ball movement, silky moves and precise finishing are really something special.

Last edited:

BlahRules

We are not getting him - we always show interest but never go through with it. The last time we went strong was when we bought Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves. That was over a decade ago.

gr3yham3

Not saying that we will definitely get him, but I won't be surprised if we do and I think it will be a great idea to do so. We should have the finances to do so and Ole knows full well, especially from Sir Alex, that we cannot just sit on what we have now and not be worried about what happens a few years down the road.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We are not getting him - we always show interest but never go through with it. The last time we went strong was when we bought Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves. That was over a decade ago.
What does ‘went strong’ mean? We’ve had summers where we have bought Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Rojo and Romero and a Pogba, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan summer since then. And Lukaku, Matic etc. Breaking transfer records in the process.

I doubt we’ll sign Havertz, but it won’t be because we’re not a team that tries to sign top players if we can.

Rob Bowman

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...pua_C6D2T1OlbhpfzgmxwIbCu0AF3hLcaI2koUWHE8Nzw

Manchester United 'confident' of Kai Havertz deal
Manchester United are reportedly confident they can secure the signing of Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen.

Sunday World claim Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes the club's riches can fend off interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich this summer.

They claim he is pushing for the board to complete a deal for the 20-year-old.

MEN Sport understand Havertz sees a move to the Premier League as a very realistic possibility.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...pua_C6D2T1OlbhpfzgmxwIbCu0AF3hLcaI2koUWHE8Nzw

Manchester United 'confident' of Kai Havertz deal
Manchester United are reportedly confident they can secure the signing of Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen.

Sunday World claim Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes the club's riches can fend off interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich this summer.

They claim he is pushing for the board to complete a deal for the 20-year-old.

MEN Sport understand Havertz sees a move to the Premier League as a very realistic possibility.
The Sunday world article is from Kevin Palmer who is a bullshitter and banned on here.

Cliche Guevara

We could be signing him to play the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with Bruno on the right of the three?

We’ve seen enough from Bruno to know he could play there and not lose anything. It would likely a fairly fluid system anyway.

If we were getting Havertz I think it would be as a Sancho alternative. (I really don’t think we are, however, I think we have Sancho).

beingshe7don

Havertz for the price being quoted is too big of a risk. Real seem to be in the fold for him as well. Havertz cannot operate as a RW or rather he's not quick enough for the flank. He's best used as an AM or SS... kinda similar to Dybala in my opinion. If Sancho isn't available, we need to go after a proper RW.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'd love to have him to replace Pogba. But don't think the deal is possible.

-Supreme-

I think I'm in the minority here...I'd have Havertz over Sancho to play on our right side, and he can also cover for Bruno too.

James Peril

I'd love to have him to replace Pogba. But don't think the deal is possible.
I would love to complement our best player with great players, not sell them and replace them with lesser ones. That’s kind of why we are fighting with Sheffield United and not City/Liverpool

croadyman

Havertz for the price being quoted is too big of a risk. Real seem to be in the fold for him as well. Havertz cannot operate as a RW or rather he's not quick enough for the flank. He's best used as an AM or SS... kinda similar to Dybala in my opinion. If Sancho isn't available, we need to go after a proper RW.
Yeah I am also of the opinion that anyone other than Sancho on the RW is a downgrade, however if Dortmund aren't willing to sell this summer then we may have no choice but to look at a cheaper alternative

RUCK4444

I would love to complement our best player with great players, not sell them and replace them with lesser ones. That’s kind of why we are fighting with Sheffield United and not City/Liverpool
So true, been trying to explain exactly this time and again.

You just know that if we brought this kid in and got rid of Pogba that the new boy would be hammered in no time for not winning us the league on his own, the same way Pogba is.

Baneofthegame

Yeah I am also of the opinion that anyone other than Sancho on the RW is a downgrade, however if Dortmund aren't willing to sell this summer then we may have no choice but to look at a cheaper alternative
Buendia/Brooks/Chukwueze

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We don’t have that much extra money to spend, if we are to go for Sancho this summer. Havertz would have cost us another 80-100m at the very least. Sure, if speaking in FM mode, we should go for every target:

Sancho 100m
Havertz 80-100m
Grealish 60m
The Ajax midfield 50m

Just go spend 300m without selling, or maybe just sell all the deadwood and recoup 100m, isn’t that great?

gr3yham3

We don’t have that much extra money to spend, if we are to go for Sancho this summer. Havertz would have cost us another 80-100m at the very least. Sure, if speaking in FM mode, we should go for every target:

Sancho 100m
Havertz 80-100m
Grealish 60m
The Ajax midfield 50m

Just go spend 300m without selling, or maybe just sell all the deadwood and recoup 100m, isn’t that great?
I think if we get VDB, Sancho and Havertz, there won't be a need to get Grealish at all. A summer that consists of Sancho and VDB is more than good enough for me. Add Havertz there and it will be dreamland.

beingshe7don

I think if we get VDB, Sancho and Havertz, there won't be a need to get Grealish at all. A summer that consists of Sancho and VDB is more than good enough for me. Add Havertz there and it will be dreamland.
Wishful thinking.....

I mean getting VDB and Sancho is doable and could perhaps turn out to be a great summer but adding a Havertz whose had a bid of 71m rejected for him, I don't see that happening. VDB could be a replacement for Pogba position wise whereas on the commercial side, Sancho coming in would help take over the Pogba merchandize sales. If we don't get Sancho, then I think we could be looking for a marquee signing to fill Pogba's boots that match his commercial value. That's where Havertz could come in.

gr3yham3

Wishful thinking.....

I mean getting VDB and Sancho is doable and could perhaps turn out to be a great summer but adding a Havertz whose had a bid of 71m rejected for him, I don't see that happening. VDB could be a replacement for Pogba position wise whereas on the commercial side, Sancho coming in would help take over the Pogba merchandize sales. If we don't get Sancho, then I think we could be looking for a marquee signing to fill Pogba's boots that match his commercial value. That's where Havertz could come in.
Think it really depends on Ole and the board. As others have said, deals can be structured in a way such that we don't pay everything upfront. Also, we should be well-placed financially despite the difficult times we are in, especially when compared to other clubs. Havertz and VdB have already made it clear they want to leave after this season is over. If Ole really wants to think for the long-term future, especially if Pogba were to leave, then getting all 3 now rather than when players leave or when we are caught up in a bidding war with other clubs is better for us.

oz insomniac

Just need to understand that Woody is happy to spread these rumours as it indicates he is on top of his job, as with the DeBeek interest it seems that Woody wants to negotiate a bargain deal beneath what others are apparently offering and the release fee.

I am always suspicious of someone who believes he is the smartest person in the room, yes we did do well to get Fernandes but getting a reduction on playrs like these 2 doesn't appear likely.

gr3yham3

Just need to understand that Woody is happy to spread these rumours as it indicates he is on top of his job, as with the DeBeek interest it seems that Woody wants to negotiate a bargain deal beneath what others are apparently offering and the release fee.

I am always suspicious of someone who believes he is the smartest person in the room, yes we did do well to get Fernandes but getting a reduction on playrs like these 2 doesn't appear likely.
Hmm clubs may posture all they want but with the current unfortunate situation, many of them need player sales to balance the books and wont have much negotiating power especially when said player wants to leave.

As such, I won't be surprised that we can deals done at a lower price as compared to 6 months ago.

flash F.C.

Sancho 100m
Havertz 80-100m
Grealish 60m
The Ajax midfield 50m

Then the issue won't be for Ole but for FPL managers!!!

SmallCaine

Think it really depends on Ole and the board. As others have said, deals can be structured in a way such that we don't pay everything upfront. Also, we should be well-placed financially despite the difficult times we are in, especially when compared to other clubs. Havertz and VdB have already made it clear they want to leave after this season is over. If Ole really wants to think for the long-term future, especially if Pogba were to leave, then getting all 3 now rather than when players leave or when we are caught up in a bidding war with other clubs is better for us.
How do we exactly play all 3 in the same 11? We can't have a midfield comprising of havertz, vdb and bruno that will be a massacre. None of havertz, vdb or sancho will come here to sit on the bench, they will expect to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.