Kanchelskis or Beckham?.....

choccy77

Kanchelskis was awesome at one point.

But Beckham had more to his game and was a fantastic player so I'd choose him to score or set up a 96 minute winner anyday.

Denis79

Kanchelskis would fit the modern style of football better, great at cutting in and good with both feet.

slipperyshoe

Not as crazy as you think. Wasn’t Beckham dropped in a few games in the 2002-03 title run in. Fergie went for the pace of Ole over Beckhams crossing. Teams started to Suss Utd out and Fergie changed things around. People forget how good Andre was after he left Utd. He had a great few seasons at Everton. Big shame the off the field incidents meant he had to leave Utd.

1991-1997 Andre was good as anyone in Europe.
True, he was dropped for Ole and to be fair to him Ole did a fantastic job out there. It wasn’t really about pace though, Ole was never lightning. Other forces were at work then and Fergie wasn’t about to let anyone be bigger than the club. Beckham being dropped was as much Sir Alex letting him know that he wasn’t bigger than United, than it was tweaking the team and changing the dynamic. Bootgate was around this time too if I remember correctly.

slipperyshoe

Kanchelskis would fit the modern style of football better, great at cutting in and good with both feet.
i disagree completely. Beckham would have been a great modern player too. However, he’d probably be a right back.