Kang-in Lee - Mallorca player

JohnnyKills

Wanted to post this as people in Valencia are getting really excited about this guy. Seems like he could be a real star - attacking midfielder who can play wide as well.

Born in South Korea but signed for Valencia at the age of 11 and has lived here ever since. He won the best player award at the Under-20 World Cup and made a really exciting cameo in Valencia's first team on Sunday.

Quite similar to Gómes in playing style but no reason we can't incorporate both. Aside from his ability, as an Asian player he'll no doubt appeal to Woodward and the marketing team - we all know how obsessed United are with that side of things.

Last edited:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
First of all we have so many talented young attacking mids who aren’t even playing, especially Gomes for us to go and get yet another unproven kid. Secondly this whole “Woody loves marketing signings” is a myth. Same thing was repeated about Pulisic but that didn’t happen.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Being Korean descent I'd obviously love him at United. He's a very mature, cultured player with great dribbling, gets plenty of assists, knows how to use the ball well. He owned the U-20 World Cup and was head and shoulders above the other players most of whom are older than he is (i think he's 18 now). I follow him and Lee Seungwoo who was another youth prodigy at FC Barcelona but now at Hellas Verona I believe. The only issue with both of them is their physique. Both great technical players that suit Spanish and Italian leagues, but I think would struggle with the speed and physicality of the EPL. They were standout players in the youth leagues, but the step up to 1st team football is a huge one since they haven't really grown in stature.
Anyway, his U-20 WC highlight:

JohnnyKills

Being Korean descent I'd obviously love him at United. He's a very mature, cultured player with great dribbling, gets plenty of assists, knows how to use the ball well. He owned the U-20 World Cup and was head and shoulders above the other players most of whom are older than he is (i think he's 18 now). I follow him and Lee Seungwoo who was another youth prodigy at FC Barcelona but now at Hellas Verona I believe. The only issue with both of them is their physique. Both great technical players that suit Spanish and Italian leagues, but I think would struggle with the speed and physicality of the EPL. They were standout players in the youth leagues, but the step up to 1st team football is a huge one since they haven't really grown in stature.

Yeah the height would be my issue too, although it's never stopped players like David Silva has it. The Premier League is getting more and more technical every year, which should suit players like him.

Was listening to him in an interview recently and you're right, he's very mature. Looks like a really smart kid.

In Rainbows

Lee Seungwoo isn't as mature on the pitch as Kangin. It didn't help that he lost a year of his development due to a stupid ban from FIFA or UEFA. Still, Lee Seungwoo plays far too rapid like Chong. Anyone not wanting Kangin Lee is mental.

JohnnyKills

Lee Seungwoo isn't as mature on the pitch as Kangin. It didn't help that he lost a year of his development due to a stupid ban from FIFA or UEFA. Still, Lee Seungwoo plays far too rapid like Chong. Anyone not wanting Kangin Lee is mental.
Yeah I'm not convinced by Chong either. Get the feeling Gomes is the much better prospect. Guess it's a similar distinction between Kangin and Seungwoo.

Smores

Oh look a team that plays one of it's young prospects, how strange i thought it was impossible to play Gomes the way some in here bang on.

arthurka

First of all we have so many talented young attacking mids who aren’t even playing, especially Gomes for us to go and get yet another unproven kid. Secondly this whole “Woody loves marketing signings” is a myth. Same thing was repeated about Pulisic but that didn’t happen.
Well that isn´t true, they turned us down due to Mourinho being manager. We did try.

BrownRecluse

Supports
Liverpool
The speed at which he makes passing decisions is incredible. Always room for improvement but he looks like he’s got a ton of talent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh look a team that plays one of it's young prospects, how strange i thought it was impossible to play Gomes the way some in here bang on.
Did you even read the OP?

Born in South Korea but signed for Valencia at the age of 11 and has lived here ever since. He won the best player award at the Under-20 World Cup and made a really exciting cameo in Valencia's first team on Sunday.
If only Ole would give young players cameo appearances. Maybe Greenwood will have to wait until he's another year older - the same age as this guy - to get some minutes with the first team?

For the record, Lee came on in the 84th minute on Sunday. His first appearance this season.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Made his CL debut against Chelsea (Subbed for Rodrigo); four minutes of playing time, but for an 18 y.o. it's par for the course.

Gasolin

I remember this guy from the U20 WC, I liked him, but I don't know if he's better than Gomes or what not, it's hard to tell. Well, if he joins, he could be interesting indeed. He does seem to have some skills on the ball.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Opened his La Liga scoring account yesterday (also made the pre-assist for Maxi Gómez's bicycle kick goal)...

VJ1762

Most(if not all) of the famous Asian players are from Korea and Japan. Must be something in the kimchi and sushi.

it's a shame that India and china are not able to produce even a single football player of note. Surely there must atleast be a single decent player among 2 billion people.

KGBhoy

Most(if not all) of the famous Asian players are from Korea and Japan. Must be something in the kimchi and sushi.

it's a shame that India and china are not able to produce even a single football player of note. Surely there must atleast be a single decent player among 2 billion people.
Probably because football has not been a very popular sport. It's the same in the US - how many true world class players have we produced? More than China/India obviously, but we also have way more resources.

Needham

Arguably looks to have more potential than Son (yeah, I'm just comparing them because they're both Korean). I look forward to Leicester buying him and speculation subsequently mounting that we're into him for a hundred million.

DRM

Sounds like a street fighter character.

Kang in Lee - FIGHT
HADOUKEN

Nick7

Never heard of him before taking over Valencia in PES this year. He’s shit in it.

Ekeke

Never heard of him before taking over Valencia in PES this year. He’s shit in it.
Good in Fifa

As for how good he really is, he has the quality to be Valencia's next David Silva if he develops properly. But at 18 he's still feeling his way into the first team

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He'll be great, unless we sign him. Then he'll hang out with Rashy and JLingz and subsequently turn shit.

In Rainbows

He's been tracked by Korean fans since he was 13 years old. He looked very impressive in those videos and was highly regarded by Valencia at the time. He's developed well since then. Reminded me of Gomes where you can clearly see his gift for through balls at that age. Other #10s usually show off dribbling and technical ability so I do feel it's rare to see great vision at that age.

Would love to have him here, but would pretty much mean Gomes gets shifted deeper in midfield (my wish).

Nick7

Good in Fifa

As for how good he really is, he has the quality to be Valencia's next David Silva if he develops properly. But at 18 he's still feeling his way into the first team
I've never seen him play in real life to be honest. There seems to be a lot of #10's coming up at the moment.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

He's been tracked by Korean fans since he was 13 years old. He looked very impressive in those videos and was highly regarded by Valencia at the time. He's developed well since then. Reminded me of Gomes where you can clearly see his gift for through balls at that age. Other #10s usually show off dribbling and technical ability so I do feel it's rare to see great vision at that age.

Would love to have him here, but would pretty much mean Gomes gets shifted deeper in midfield (my wish).
Since 13? Figured most of us have been tracking him since he was in primary school :lol:

In Rainbows

Since 13? Figured most of us have been tracking him since he was in primary school :lol:

Can you really count that though? It's not until you heard serious praise from Valencia that even within their academy he was considered prodigious that people really felt he could be something in the future.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Can you really count that though? It's not until you heard serious praise from Valencia that even within their academy he was considered prodigious that people really felt he could be something in the future.
Sure. Why not? He's among the first prodigies Korea has seen grow up in the YouTube generation alongside the likes of Jeong Woo-Yeong, Paik Seung-Ho and Lee Seung-Woo.
You could say the publicity and accolades actually helped him attract interest from European scouts as they started setting up academies in Korea.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’ll be interesting to watch the development between him and Kubo (the Japanese Real Madrid loanee). Both are seeing similar sorts of minutes thus far.

Ekeke

Just got sent off due to a VAR replay. Was deserved, slid in from the side with studs showing that chewed through Arias's socks. Originally a yellow card but sent off on VAR review

Stadjer

Excellent use of the VAR with his sending off. Good to see a foul like that (hard tackle, no intention to play the ball but just the intention to kick down the player to stop a promising attack) was actually punished with red instead of yellow.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Will have a fantastic name of his kit if he used all initials as some Asian players do. KIL