Karim Benzema | sweating his old fat ass off and no rescue coming from the PL awww diddums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffthered

Let's leave this alone. Too many variables and for the season we are having, would constitute an enormous expense, for little benefit. Nothing to do with him, but we're just not that great and some big, strategic decisions need to be made between now and May.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can't be worse than Martial for sure?
It's not about getting a 20 year old who can run past defenders. It's getting a veteran forward on loan who can solve our lack of goal scoring problems (not only by goals but his assisting skills) and teach Hojlund while he's here.
“Psssst pssssst Rasmus! Wanna know how to blackmail your teammate?”

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So I will ask again who is gonna help take some of the pressure off Rasmus shoulders
What pressure that will justify another shit show of signing of a total prick.

The PL and CL and League cup are gone - probably 4th too far away as well.

Its the type of Woodward signing .

Make do with what we have and look forward longterm - forget old lads

croadyman

What pressure that will justify another shit show of signing of a total prick.

The PL and CL and League cup are gone - probably 4th too far away as well.

Its the type of Woodward signing .

Make do with what we have and look forward longterm - forget old lads
I would be happy to make do IF Rashford didn't hate playing up front so much,that's why we need to bring someone in

lex talionis

More importantly, to what end? Our top four hopes went up in smoke when McTominay missed the sitter that would have given us all three points v Spurs. What's left is the FA Cup and it's hardly worth all the trouble and expense to bring in Benzema for a tin cup.

mintyred

More importantly, to what end? Our top four hopes went up in smoke when McTominay missed the sitter that would have given us all three points v Spurs. What's left is the FA Cup and it's hardly worth all the trouble and expense to bring in Benzema for a tin cup.
This mindset doesn't make sense. We want to finish as high up the league as possible. We get more revenue and the chance to be in a better European competition, at this rate we're not guaranteed to be in Europe at all. Plus the aim of sport is to win, not to wait until next season.

croadyman

Maybe you’re not updated with the other tweets yet, but it seems that we have no room to move on buying or loaning

so this rumour can be put to bed considering we don’t have a kings ransom
Nope I have seen Whitwell tweet but not even able to do loans is really damning

lex talionis

This mindset doesn't make sense. We want to finish as high up the league as possible. We get more revenue and the chance to be in a better European competition, at this rate we're not guaranteed to be in Europe at all. Plus the aim of sport is to win, not to wait until next season.
I hear what you're saying but it really only makes sense to consider the expense of bringing in Benzema for the remainder of the season if we had a shot at CL qualification, but the moment we dropped points to Spurs is the moment that our CL qualification hopes went up in a smoke.

I have no idea what the financial impact of qualifying for the Conference League and not the Europa League but it can't be that substantial. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are 8 points off the 5th place, with two other clubs -- West Ham and Brighton -- that stand between us and Spurs.

Strange that there has been zero commentary here about the significance of the missed sitter by McTominay, but with that missed sitter any remaining hope of a top four finish evaporated.

Robertd0803

Can't be worse than Martial for sure?
It's not about getting a 20 year old who can run past defenders. It's getting a veteran forward on loan who can solve our lack of goal scoring problems (not only by goals but his assisting skills) and teach Hojlund while he's here.
True but in fairness me or you would probably have more output than Martial.

KeanoMagicHat

Rashford, Hojlund, Garnacho, Antony, Pellistri and Amad is more than enough to see out the season.

It's a good chance to assess the future of them too.
It’s not ‘more than enough’, it’s feasting on scraps. There’s one centre forward there and he’s been injury-prone and has looked raw.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It’s not ‘more than enough’, it’s feasting on scraps. There’s one centre forward there and he’s been injury-prone and has looked raw.
It also really doesn't matter how many players we have up front if they won't pass to anyone to finish so it's redundant getting another in.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Taken action to test the waters is one of the most ridiculous transfer phrases I've read.

TrailMonkey

Taken action to test the waters is one of the most ridiculous transfer phrases I've read.
Just doing some due diligence, ie seeing if Benzema's great--great-great grandma was the Ajax tea lady in the 50s before putting in a bid

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Someone at Carrington likely said "Wonder what Karim Benzema is up to these days?" and we get that.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am beyond shocked that he didn’t move but continues to collect 200m a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.