Kendry Páez | Independiente del Valle player

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Who has better stats in the top level by 20 years old? I’m curious as to what company he was in
Just a few Bundesliga examples off the top of my head:

- Florian Wirtz
- Jamal Musiala
- Kai Havertz
- Jadon Sancho

In the last few years all these players had better G+A records for their respective clubs by their 20th birthdays, in addition to Haaland who you mentioned already. Not all of those players are 'generational'.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Who has better stats in the top level by 20 years old? I’m curious as to what company he was in
Greenwood had 29 goals after his first two full seasons (during which he turned 20).

For comparison, someone like Fowler had over 50 goals in his first two seasons (during which he turned 20). Michael Owen had 46.

Greenwood is simply someone good enough to play at the highest level.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
There are countless players who "peaked" when they were very young and then struggled during the rest of their careers.
It's all in Greenwood hands now: he has the talent, he's loaned to a club that is known to offer good conditions for young players to develop, and their squad is actually solid overall and will become even better when Enes returns from injury. The competition for the winger position is not too strong in the squad, he has all the conditions to do a good season there.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just a few Bundesliga examples off the top of my head:

- Florian Wirtz
- Jamal Musiala
- Kai Havertz
- Jadon Sancho

In the last few years all these players had better G+A records for their respective clubs by their 20th birthdays, in addition to Haaland who you mentioned already. Not all of those players are 'generational'.
PL and CL v Bundi? Really?

Greenwood had 29 goals after his first two full seasons (during which he turned 20).

For comparison, someone like Fowler had over 50 goals in his first two seasons (during which he turned 20). Michael Owen had 46.

Fowler played in the same era Neil Ruddock and Phil Babb were centre backs. He was an excellent finisher though.

Owen was a generational talent surely but injuries ruined him.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Greenwood is going to get better and better every year he doesn't play.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He may be great, he may crash and burn under the pressure. It’s definitely worth the 17m or so of “youth investment” that doesn’t count against FFP to find out.

His first touch to break himself free for the goal last night was very clever. Assist was from Caicedo.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
PL and CL v Bundi? Really?
Ah so we're moving the goal posts now? In your earlier post you literally compared Greenwood to Haaland and called them by far the two best forward prospects in the world. By his 20th birthday Haaland had only played half a season of Bundesliga and the rest of his early career in Austria/Norway so I thought Bundesliga was considered 'top level' enough to count but now all of a sudden it isn't?

Also, for example Sancho at Dortmund had by far a better UCL record than Greenwood did so it's not just Bundesliga performances. Is Sancho a generational talent too or do we want to shift the goal posts again?

Anyway, there are probably better threads to discuss this.