Kenji Gorre

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

With such a talented group of U18 players, young Kenji Gorre isn't getting as much attention as he might otherwise.

3 starts, 9 subs overall. 1 start and 7 subs in U18 league.

8 goals overall, 2nd most on team. 3 goals in U18 league, tied with A. Pereira for 2nd most on team, scored in only U18 league start.

Appearances:
U18:United 0-2 Villa, 76' sub
U18:Newcastle 1-7 United, 63' sub, goal 73'
U18:United 2-0 Sunderland, 72' sub
U18:Soton 2-1 United, 70' sub
U18:United 3-1 Spurs, starter, goal 49'
FR:Presov 1-2 United, 60' sub
FR:Bystrica 0-4 United, 46' sub, goal 64'
U18:United 3-0 Newcastle, 59' sub, goal 82'
U18:Villa 0-2 United, 70' sub
U18: United 4-2 Soton, 64' sub
FR: United 7-0 Bury, starter, goal 67', 72' pen, 82', 85'
NC:Singapore 1-2 United, starter

Drainy

Saw his dad play when I used to go watch Huddersfield Town with my brother in law, he was a fairly decent player himself.

Can't say I've ever been overly keen on Kenji Gorre though. Bit of a selfish player.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Not a single person commented on the quality of this kid. I really like him, I first saw him in last years FAYC win over Swansea and he impressed me. He clearly has an eye for goal and has talent.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Suriname (or Surinam), officially known as the Republic of Suriname, is a country in northern South America. It is bordered by French Guiana to the east, Guyana to the west, Brazil to the south and the Atlantic Ocean to the north.

Cold_Boy

Yeah but people of Indian decent are the largest group of population of Suriname

Brightonian

He's decent, though its very hard to tell how decent because we so regularly use him as an impact sub. Tends to score, but by that point in most games the opposition have usually been completely taken apart.

Not a talent on the same level as the likes of Daehli, Pearson, Barmby, Pereira etc. But still a very solid player. You do what you can with the opportunities you're given, and Gorre does tend to score more often than not when subbed on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His name sounds like some sort of wrestling move.

Anyway, I regularly saw his dad play when he played for Huddersfield Town... and he was pretty decent at that level. Use to love spanking it from distance if I recall...

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
The problem the likes of Gorre has is that there are 4 or 5 lads in his position that are (rightly) getting games ahead of him, and then the next age group down has some prodigiously talented lads as well (we think... it's hard to know with the U16s).

Can see him getting released in the summer and going on to have a good league career somewhere.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He was supposedly very highly rated 3 or 4 years ago, when Frank Arnesen tried to poach him for Chelsea. But he's never really stood out since he made it to the u18s. Seems talented enough to have a good professional career if he really wants it, but I'd be surprised if it was at United.

Decotron

The problem the likes of Gorre has is that there are 4 or 5 lads in his position that are (rightly) getting games ahead of him, and then the next age group down has some prodigiously talented lads as well (we think... it's hard to know with the U16s).

Can see him getting released in the summer and going on to have a good league career somewhere.
:eek: bit of an odd call given his age?

Hes doing v well at the moment. Last year he didnt look great at all but he has developed a lot in the last 12months. Certainly dont see him being released or just making up the numbers given the progession he shown of late.

Brightonian

At U18s level? No. He's really pretty good, definitely as good as plenty of players who get into and last in the U21s. He's unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on your angle) to be playing in a team bristling with genuinely startling talents, a number of whom will probably end up in the first team. But the current U21s has worse players than Gorre in it.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy

Hes doing v well at the moment. Last year he didnt look great at all but he has developed a lot in the last 12months. Certainly dont see him being released or just making up the numbers given the progession he shown of late.
I'm not so sure. He's 18 and will be 19 at the end of the summer. He's not really featuring for the U18's, let alone being considered for the U21's. I'm not saying he's rubbish and will definitely be off, but I just can't see him sticking around to not get games.

He's got a lot of competition in his position and I just cannot see that we're going to take all those players forward.

oskarutd

He is forcing more game time now in this talented team, so he is doing a lot of things well and progressing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
shocked at the people on this board that have never heard of their clubs own youth players.
I haven't played the new FM yet. Can't remember the U-18 names without it. Especially if they aren't featured regularly in the starting lineup. I've seen 3 games this season but never heard of this kid. Would have remembered his odd name if I had seen him.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
shocked at the people on this board that have never heard of their clubs own youth players.
This. Some people on here have this knack of looking interested in anything but United. I don't get it, sure Messi's a fecking genious but it's a United board from what I know and it would be nice if that pattern changed.

It's like a having a nice way to develop one's fanboism while typing on a relatively high-standard football forum with many interesting characters.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer to talk about any of our players, both first team and reserve. You surely get enough of Messi's, Ronaldo's, Mourinho's justified ******** outside of the caf?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Been released by us and is now training with Celtic.

The Neviller

At U18s level? No. He's really pretty good, definitely as good as plenty of players who get into and last in the U21s. He's unfortunate (or fortunate, depending on your angle) to be playing in a team bristling with genuinely startling talents, a number of whom will probably end up in the first team. But the current U21s has worse players than Gorre in it.
Been released by us and is now training with Celtic.
:lol:

The Neviller

Do you care to share an opinion on the player himself, his form and then subsquent release or are you just here for the lol's? :boring:
It's just funny that the guy was jumped on for voicing an opinion he'd be released, and lo and behold, he called it right.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No real big surprise. We've loaned Angelo to Wigan, Cofie and Keane are better talents with young Wilson doing well too. Unless he could do a job on the wing, he had no chance making it here. Celtic's a great club for him

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
No real big surprise. We've loaned Angelo to Wigan, Cofie and Keane are better talents with young Wilson doing well too. Unless he could do a job on the wing, he had no chance making it here. Celtic's a great club for him
He's naturally a winger.

The Neviller

Jumped on? You need to get out more.

He looked good, surprised we've let him go so early on. Hope he does well, looks a good kid.
Eh? Who the feck are you?

I just found it funny that the guy who said he thought he would be released was roundly disagreed with, and then on the same page, a month later, boom, released.

You don't have to find it funny too though, I don't mind.