Kenji Gorre

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I'm not so sure. He's 18 and will be 19 at the end of the summer. He's not really featuring for the U18's, let alone being considered for the U21's. I'm not saying he's rubbish and will definitely be off, but I just can't see him sticking around to not get games.

He's got a lot of competition in his position and I just cannot see that we're going to take all those players forward.
Really? I assumed he was 16/17. Shame we didn't get to see him much then, he looked impressive whenever I saw him but then again he's older than what I thought he was so that explains a few things I suppose.

PS18

Easy to say now, granted, but never really got the hype with him. Capable of the odd moment of brilliance but was generally just a bit average, not really exceptional in any one attribute. Have seen people on other forums outraged that he wasn't getting more games and saying he'd been treated unfairly, but never thought he earned that frankly.

Brightonian

Easy to say now, granted, but never really got the hype with him. Capable of the odd moment of brilliance but was generally just a bit average, not really exceptional in any one attribute. Have seen people on other forums outraged that he wasn't getting more games and saying he'd been treated unfairly, but never thought he earned that frankly.
As I said before, he's always been pretty good. Just unfortunate to be playing in a really, really strong generation of youth players. He'll do well, I reckon, could certainly end up at a PL team.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
As I said before, he's always been pretty good. Just unfortunate to be playing in a really, really strong generation of youth players. He'll do well, I reckon, could certainly end up at a PL team.
He never was that great when he played, the only thing he really had going in his favour was that he almost always had a goal in him as a sub. His all-round play was a definite step down from the normal starters, IMO

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Didn't really see much of him going down the line but no matter. I don't think it's surprising he's been released
I don't really recall him playing anywhere but the flanks until his recent quick-legs-against-tired-center-backs super-sub role.

I'm a bit surprised he was released this early even though I never saw much in him to suggest he'd make it here. It's just a bit out of sync with our usual policy. I guess we're just spoiled with a high number of capable youngsters these days.

Cevno

MRMujac said on twitter that he's been released so he can find another club, but his registration with us is valid till the summer.

Till he gets a new club, we won't release him completely.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not really this is according to Mr. Mujac on twitter who's more clued up than others

he has been released and had trials at Celtic...he played today but will most likely have trials with other clubs...

mo0

another clue. Dad coaches Scotland's U17s. may make those Scottish club ties a little easier to grasp.

Will Absolute

From the little I saw he looked a decent player. Failure to be first choice in the United U18s isn't the end of the world. As long as he keeps his self-belief.

Cevno

Wasn't he pretty highly rated a couple of years ago ? Probably left due to the competition in the current U18 batch.

Or might not have settled in the area like Etzaz Hussain.

PS18

Was some hype because Chelsea and City were trying to lure him away when he was 15 iirc. Know others disagree but I never really saw any justification for that hype, although was slightly surprised at his release (can't help wonder if it was a mutual decision). He's been in the area for ages and all his family live here so am sure it wasn't a case of not settling.

Cevno

@0stman - #MUFC U18s winger Kenji Gorre has signed a two-year contract with Swansea City, with the option of a further year