Kevin Trapp

Alemar

Isn’t he a bit shit with his passing, sweeping and command of area?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Reliable Kicker reports that we will submit an offer on Tuesday. High seven-digit fee. Four year contract for Trapp.

edit: Trapp wants to accept our offer!

Last edited:

unplayable

No but he does speak Portuguese, so we've got the other base covered.
Plus his girlfriend is a brazilian model.
Her name is Izabel Goulart if anyone wants to do some research about our new keeper. ;)

Welbeckham

This club always seems to target the most average goalkeepers. No one can really be worse than what we currently have, but I have never rated Trapp. Should’ve gotten someone like Robert Sanchez or Mike Maignan a year ago (or earlier).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His biggest weakness is probably that he isn't good with the ball at his feet. Would much rather sign Sommer for this reason.
I mean they don't have to be great with his feet to start with, it's a last second signing to replace the struggling de Gea, but even someone like Nick Pope would be a big improvement for us. Someone just confident claiming crosses and is consistent as a shot stopper, which de Gea has lost. Even an old fashioned style goalkeeper would improve us massively, as de Gea is just struggling by every metric. Claiming high balls is a must in the Prem for a goalkeeper IMO, even more so than playing out from the back.

unplayable

I mean they don't have to be great with his feet to start with, it's a last second signing to replace the struggling de Gea, but even someone like Nick Pope would be a big improvement for us. Someone just confident claiming crosses and is consistent as a shot stopper, which de Gea has lost. Even an old fashioned style goalkeeper would improve us massively, as de Gea is just struggling by every metric. Claiming high balls is a must in the Prem for a goalkeeper IMO, even more so than playing out from the back.
I'd say he is decent at claiming crosses, but not great or anything.

Robindinho

How comfortable is he commanding the area on set pieces/crosses and on the ball?

Will he be able to play sweeper keeper and come off his line, should players beat the offside Trapp.

cj_sparky

He seemed to always be awful whenever I saw him for PSG, which is impressive when they spent much of their games on the front foot.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
I really don‘t rate him, he is way too error prone. Marvin Schwäbe would be the real deal, good shot stopper and excellent passing abilities. I think he‘ll leave colonge because they have to sell him :(

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
How comfortable is he commanding the area on set pieces/crosses and on the ball?

Will he be able to play sweeper keeper and come off his line, should players beat the offside Trapp.
He isn't the most exceptional keeper in that regard, but still definitely an upgrade on de Gea.

Alemar

I don’t want us to sign Trapp at all, we need a more commanding keeper with better passing

arnie_ni

He'd be a back up to de gea wouldn't he? He's not better than him is he?

Boondog

They offered him a 4 year deal. So this will be our long term backup worst case. Probably starter this year then next year he competes with Henderson.

aeh1991

Solid keeper but doesn't suit ETHs style as he is not really good at sweeping. Strange link imo.

Sparky Rhiwabon

This looks like just a back up keeper signing. Unless or until we’re bringing in a genuine De Gea replacement then GK transfers are boring.

JB7

The more we get linked with these types of players the more baffled I am we didn't make any kind of play for Ortega as he was available on a free.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah but that doesn't address the fact that it's Kevin Trapp
Well, you have to make all the bench warming somewhat attractive. Trapp still is the No3 in our NT , and could play CL if he stays put, so...