Current club: Atlético Madrid

Contract expires: Jun 30, 2022
Outfitter: Nike​

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well he goes forward at least

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I like trippier. He's not bad at set pieces either. He'd be a good addition to the squad.

Obiorahking_

Would absolutely love Trips here. He'd give great competition for AWB and provides more balance to our heavy left sided play. Here are some stats to get you hype:

#1 in La Liga in crosses into the penalty area (30) vs Wan Bissaka who has 2 (I'm not joking)
#2 in La Liga in progressive passes (72) vs Wan Bissaka who has 30
#4 in La Liga in passes into the penalty area (24) vs Wan Bissaka who has 4
# 3 in La Liga in assists (3)

Based on what I've seen he's also slightly more aware than AWB is but doesn't compare to him in defensive prowess. If Atletico are crazy enough to make him available then he is a must buy.

GenZRed

I'm all in favor of having him here. God knows why he'd swap Spain for Manchester though, especially when he is contracted at Atletico Madrid until 2022.

NoPace

30 is too old for me. Many of us wanted him when Spurs got him for 3.5M from Burnley even though only Baines (I might be forgetting another fullback here?) was a better crosser of the ball from that position in the Prem. That was our chance, but we rarely miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kind of makes sense; far better than what we have in an attacking sense, but would pretty similar to Telles, I reckon — an alright player, but nothing amazing.

With us being stuck with Wan Bissaka for the foreseeable, these are the type of players we need to target.

Obiorahking_

30 is too old for me. Many of us wanted him when Spurs got him for 3.5M from Burnley even though only Baines (I might be forgetting another fullback here?) was a better crosser of the ball from that position in the Prem. That was our chance, but we rarely miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
I think the logic would be that he'd provide competition for AWB. Games like yesterday where he's too lazy to stay tight to his man are unacceptable and some of that comes from lack of competition/rest for playing so many games. Furthermore, hopefully he'd be like a good mentor/ player to learn from. I feel like Shaw improved a lot when he had guys like BW competing with him.

Varun1

No thanks, you guys never watched him in the EPL or what?

Also, what about our youth players?? Let's buy more players that will block the path of our youngsters and never actually loan them out, and have an even more bloated squad in the process.
Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we did buy him. Afterall, this is exactly what's happening with Brandon - he now has Shaw & Telles ahead of him at LB with the Real Madrid youth player looking extremely promising. AWB and Fosu have the RB spot, with Laird not getting a look in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought we were building for the future. If Laird cannot stay fit and Williams is no longer trusted (it seems), I'd rather go for someone who will push AWB long-term, because it's hard to see AWB improving his technical ability dramatically.

Brophs

The One and Only
That England 2018 team really gets our nipples all hard, doesn’t it?

Revan

Assumptionman
Would take Gary Neville if it meant less of AWB.

Trippier is nothing special though he would easily be our best RB.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He plays every week for a team who's very likely going to win La Liga and will have another good run in CL if they get past Salzburg tonight so would be amazed if he leaves in January unless family is unsettled but they've been in Madrid 18 months now.

Not like he needs to move back to prem to get back in England squad either.

United58

Also, what about our youth players?? Let's buy more players that will block the path of our youngsters and never actually loan them out, and have an even more bloated squad in the process.
Saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if we did buy him. Afterall, this is exactly what's happening with Brandon - he now has Shaw & Telles ahead of him at LB with the Real Madrid youth player looking extremely promising. AWB and Fosu have the RB spot, with Laird not getting a look in.
Laird's meant to be fantastic, but isn't he held back by injuries?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Surely there are better options ffs

NoPace

I think the logic would be that he'd provide competition for AWB. Games like yesterday where he's too lazy to stay tight to his man are unacceptable and some of that comes from lack of competition/rest for playing so many games. Furthermore, hopefully he'd be like a good mentor/ player to learn from. I feel like Shaw improved a lot when he had guys like BW competing with him.
I mean sure, if they want 30M it's a no and if they want like Rojo and 10M or Pereira in a swap it's a yes.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People were slatting him in our transfer thread . Now we want him back ?

Shows how bad AWB has been.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He plays every week for a team who's very likely going to win La Liga and will have another good run in CL if they get past Salzburg tonight so would be amazed if he leaves in January unless family is unsettled but they've been in Madrid 18 months now.

Not like he needs to move back to prem to get back in England squad either.
Think you've probably answered it. Probably finding it hard being in Spain and with Covid 19 I bet its made it even harder to adjust.

Be really happy with this signing. He's a lot better than what we have.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rumours we might be trying to get Johnny Evans back too. He's out of contract in summer so Leicester don't have much bargaining power.

Think he'd be a good short term fix for us.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This looks like the type of transfer we will get to forfeit a more important priority. People will expect DM +CB + ST + Trippier in the summer but we'd get DM + Trippier + Johnny Evans

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This looks like the type of transfer we will get to forfeit a more important priority. People will expect DM +CB + ST + Trippier in the summer but we'd get DM + Trippier + Johnny Evans
I actually got scared by your comment. Even though it's just some random comment with a negative prediction. I felt the worry there. :lol:

Devil81

Why do people keep talking about Laird like he's even in contention.

The madness of some fans, he's hardly played a first team game and people are mentioning him in the same breath as Tripper or AWB.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Good crosser and definitely offers something different to any of the RBs we have. If the fee is reasonable it’s low risk and sensible.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Wan-Bissaka technically is the youth option. He's 23 years old. The idea would be to have Trippier to compete with him short term whilst we monitor Álvaro Fernandez who's looking fantastic at youth level.

Okey

If we want a new right back, I say go for Tariq Lamptey. We're Man United and he's at bloody Brighton. Need to keep building. You lock the RB spot for whichever preferred characteristics you want for a good many years with Lamptey. Except of course they'll demand at least AWB money.

ti vu

Trippier, Johnny Evans.

What's next? Danny Rose (free in summer), John Stones?

Varun1

Wan-Bissaka technically is the youth option. He's 23 years old. The idea would be to have Trippier to compete with him short term whilst we monitor Álvaro Fernandez who's looking fantastic at youth level.
Ignoring the fact that Trippier is average, where does Williams and Laird fit in to this?
Also, how many defenders would that be? I count 11.
And how is 23 year old AWB a youth option??

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Which DOF suggested we should've signed Trippier a couple of seasons back ?

Gordon S

Considering our current struggles, Evans +Trippier might be very smart business. Lots of experience at top level for hopefully not a lot of money.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Good additional for short term since he is very good with his delivery but do we need to splash some cash on him? We are out of CL anyway means we can play Brandon in EL now

Status
Not open for further replies.