Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Massively underrating of him. Genuinely baffling to prefer Dalot as backup. He's always been a solid player. He's being bought as a smart backup for cheap. Loads of experience, and would add much more to our attack.
Dalot has talent and he's already our player, earns less and seems a nice guy. I'd rather see him get another chance over Trippier. Genuinely would anyone have even considered him straight from Spurs?

Dalot has talent and he's already our player, earns less and seems a nice guy. I'd rather see him get another chance over Trippier. Genuinely would anyone have even considered him straight from Spurs?
I’ve not seen anything to suggest Dalot is good enough. Even if he was, his profile is wrong. We want a player with experience to counter AWB.

yes, would have taken him from spurs - the difficulty obviously would have been whether they would have dealt with us and whether the fee would have been reasonable?

Dalot needs to go irrespective of any other RB transfer. He’s not making it at United.

Judas

Open to offers
Very random player to be so stubbornly and strongly against, especially when your answer is to play such an average talent as Dalot instead partly because he "seems nice".

TrustInJanuzaj

Telles at us has been very average and Trippier has been miles better at Atleti. I'm not sure I see where you're going with this?
The point is Tripper has always been a really average player. He's had one half-decent season in a completely different league which is having a crisis of quality and plays at a much slower pace. Trippier is a liability in defence and frankly cant do much aside from cross. Telles has shown he's a more talented player in his career to date and has looked okay in a Utd shirt thus far.

TrustInJanuzaj

Very random player to be so stubbornly and strongly against, especially when your answer is to play such an average talent as Dalot instead partly because he "seems nice".
Not really, I just think he's absolutely shite as a player based on 8 years in the prem. I don't think its worth wasting 10 million and extra wages when we have so many other key positions to address.

babsk

Trippier would be a great cheap signing for RB depth (which we sorely need if AWB gets injured/hits a rough patch of form) and I hope we pick him up this summer as he's only got one year left on his contract. As for Dalot he's average going forward and poor defensively. If we could offload him to Milan that would be ideal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The point is Tripper has always been a really average player. He's had one half-decent season in a completely different league which is having a crisis of quality and plays at a much slower pace. Trippier is a liability in defence and frankly cant do much aside from cross. Telles has shown he's a more talented player in his career to date and has looked okay in a Utd shirt thus far.
Telles only ever performed in Liga Nos at the best team in the league, he bounced around Serie a and even to Galatasaray. All of your arguments against Trippier and can be levelled at Telles. Telles also is mainly about crossing and has had some extremely poor defensive displays for us.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Seem like the perfect player for us to sign. If we need a backup/rotation player he'll strengthen us quite a bit. Should have 2-3 years left at that level.

Widow

If the repors are correct and the fee is around 15m it seems a decent deal. English, a good age (experience ect..) and is very capable. He may not be a TAA but with a real RW he can provide a better attacking outlet than AWB also, it allows more time for the latter to develop. We currently don't have a decent alternative at right back and we haven't got the money to bring in an amazing RB with other positions more of a priority.

If it happens, I won't be mad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
End of the day Wan Bissaka does need cover — he played 53 games this season. Thankfully he’ll get the summer off but the cover in his absence is just nowhere near the level we need; be it Williams or Dalot.

If the club have identified Trippier, a slightly older, experienced player whose strengths coincide with what are typically seen as Wan Bissaka’s weaknesses — what’s the problem?

bsCallout

Williams needs a loan.
Ac Milan want Dalot.
Laird isn't there yet.

And we need experience.

Trippier seems to have the right mentality too.

Perfect addition to the squad.

NYAS

I am without doubt the biggest Dalot fan on this site, but I still want Trippier. Dalot is not going to make it, sadly, and even if he were to stay next season, he’d not be considered serious competition for AWB, much like how Williams isn’t.

You can get any old RB for the sake of saying we have numbers and depth but if they aren’t good enough then you’re not really doing anything.

TrustInJanuzaj

Trippier is a very good RB. Dalot should be cleaning his boots.
He's not a very good RB otherwise why would Spurs have let him go and by the same token why would he have played his majority career at Spurs in the first place!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not a very good RB otherwise why would Spurs have let him go and by the same token why would he have played his majority career at Spurs in the first place!
What? He left Spurs to join Atletico Madrid. They’re a bigger club. :lol:

Harry Kane has played the majority career at Spurs in the first place! Is he not very good?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not really, I just think he's absolutely shite as a player based on 8 years in the prem. I don't think its worth wasting 10 million and extra wages when we have so many other key positions to address.
Trippier has always been very good going forward, and has grown a lot overall playing for Simeone. He's also being signed to be depth to Wan Bissaka. It's an excellent signing and exactly as needed because Wan Bissaka can't be rotated out comfortably like Shaw can. Trippier is even better than Telles and would be a huge help to our squad. To add, he's cheap, game has never been based on pace, a boyhood United fan.... what's not to like?

TrustInJanuzaj

Harry Kane.

Trippier went up in career to a league winning team. You can slag La Liga off all you like, its still true.
Yes you are correct, Trippier is as good a RB as Kane is a striker.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'll be quoting you all when he's shocking in a years time ;) (if we sign him)

bsCallout

He left Spurs and went to a better team and won the league. He also had issues unrelated to his performances at Tottenham.

He was in good form and looked good for England too.

You're talking rubbish to be honest.

does the same apply if Kane goes in the summer?

Are we so snobbish that we think we shouldn’t look at players who have played for spurs?

TrustInJanuzaj

He left Spurs and went to a better team and won the league. He also had issues unrelated to his performances at Tottenham.

He was in good form and looked good for England too.

You're talking rubbish to be honest.
Such as what?

Idxomer

I will take him, AWB has been overplayed a lot this season and needs a competent cover.

Do we seriously need to explain how Harry Kane is different to Trippier. It's a stupid comparison to be honest.
you arbitrarily judged Trippier because he played for spurs, and they sold him.

Of course it’s a stupid comparison, to highlight how ridiculous your comment was.

bsCallout

Since when is leaving Spurs of all clubs, to go to a better team, a demonstration of being a poor player?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's done well for the La Liga champions, I'd wager he could probably bench Wan if he were to come here. Telles on the other hand had questions marks about his defensive ability when we signed him, Trippier seems to have a good balance of both; cheap and at the right age. Would be a smart signing.

TrustInJanuzaj

Since when is leaving Spurs of all clubs, to go to a better team, a demonstration of being a poor player?
That’s not really what I was saying. Can see how it’s been misconstrued though. My point was if he was in fact a ‘very good RB’ he wouldn’t have spent the best part of 8 years at Spurs anyway and would have moved on to bigger and better things much earlier. Remember that for much of that time he was second best behind Kyle Walker and then once he became first choice he didn’t take the mantle. Spurs fans were begging for him to be sold at the end.

TrustInJanuzaj

you arbitrarily judged Trippier because he played for spurs, and they sold him.

Of course it’s a stupid comparison, to highlight how ridiculous your comment was.
I judged Tripper from watching him play over the years. Good crosser, crap pace, crap defending, Spurs fans wanted him out. Very short memories here.

TrustInJanuzaj

Trippier must be pretty crap if Telles is far better!

If this another 'occasional corner taker' signing?
Pretty crap would be a much closer assessment than ‘very good’. This thread is classically reactionary though. I guarantee when he left for Spain most fans would have said he’s average and they didn’t care. One half decent season and he’s back to being an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.