Kroos "the deal was all but done"

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Kroos would have single-handedly turned us coherent I think.

More fodder for the insane but correct theory that if we'd given Moyes more time it would have been a much better decade even though he absolutely would have gotten fired at some point, though from a fairly strong position.
:lol::houllier: People have short memories around here

NoPace

:lol::houllier: People have short memories around here
The football was terrible, but would have become defensively sound and still fairly bad, but the transfers would have been sensible and the next manager would have done well. With the amount of money we have, it was really remarkable to have had this weak a decade.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It would at least save from over-spending on Pogba for 89m and lost him for free years later as well as less drama. He might even be strong candidate for the captaincy right now.
We would have played them together and they'd have won the league under Jose.

Kroos and Pogba in midfield instead of Fellaini, and you say it wouldn't have made more difference?! :lol:

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
There’s no way he would have worked at United.
He’s hyper specialized, so his midfield partners have to be able to cover for him. He is one of the few players where i think that he can turn a very good team into a great team but would fail at weaker teams.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's like a memo went round telling everyone in football to get their digs in on United now and you better go in hard because next season we're coming.

KeanoMagicHat

There’s no way he would have worked at United.
He’s hyper specialized, so his midfield partners have to be able to cover for him. He is one of the few players where i think that he can turn a very good team into a great team but would fail at weaker teams.
I'm not sure with his ability and passing range he could fail that much though, even if he didn't reach his Real Madrid peaks, he would still be way better than some of the chancers that have lined up for us. 80% Kroos would be miles better than Fellaini, McTominay, Fred and others.

jackal&hyde

Moyes was shit for us and deserved to be sacked, no doubt. But...

One can't help but wonder what would've happened if we had kept him for another season instead of appointing LVG. For all his faults, Moyes did seem to understand where the main problems lay in the squad.
He had his chance to sign players and ended up overspending for fecking Fellaini.

What all of this shows is that we were run by Muppets like Woodward without any clear direction and allowed managers to do whatever they wanted.

Golden Nugget

It’s things like this where while yes, the manager should have the final say on transfers - but is it always wise?

van Gaal didn’t want Bayern to sign Neuer and felt Stark was the future. He rejected Kroos and played Blind there (the Schmidfield was second season I think)

Moyes rejected Thiago and signed Fellaini.

Lee565

It’s things like this where while yes, the manager should have the final say on transfers - but is it always wise?

van Gaal didn’t want Bayern to sign Neuer and felt Stark was the future. He rejected Kroos and played Blind there (the Schmidfield was second season I think)

Moyes rejected Thiago and signed Fellaini.
This is where having a clear footballing philosophy for the future from top to bottom of the club would have had us avoiding such terrible mistakes post fergie. Wouldn't have had such contrasting managers taking over from each other and having a scattergun transfer approach due to a complete lack of identity as a footballing side.