Krystian Bielik

JON.B

Sloop
Admittedly haven't seen too much of this kid apart from the obligatory youtube video but he looks a talent for his age. Arsenal are apparently looking to sign him and he's available for roughly £2.5m. I think we should be in for him also as he looks like he could develop into a Matic/Pogba type midfielder in the future and who wouldn't want one of those.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Probably the hottest thing there is right now in Poland at such young age, he's got great physical attributes and when given a chance this season under Berg, in a match where he's played the whole match iirc he was voted MOTM and he's looked class.

Problem is though that Legia had those type of players before, midfielders who looked in the league of their own compared to other players and then somehow failed. Dominik Furman who went to Toulouse iirc comes first to my mind can't get a game for shit there, then there was Daniel Łukasik who was touted to be even better than Furman and he's failing at some shittier Polish club than Legia, not to forget Wolski who (albeit CAM and not CDM like those three aforementioned) was tearing this league apart with his dribbles and all that and who failed at Fiorentina and now's been loaned out to Bari just to warm the bench again.

If there's one player in Polish league that's worth looking it and probably will become a big player at some point then it has to be Ondrej Duda. Guy's Slovakian, plays at CAM and there're plenty of big clubs scouting him from Spain, Germany and England. He's sometimes winning matches on his own and will probably be the most expensive player sold in Polish league.

I'd give Bielik 2-3 more years to see how he copes with adolescence, if his body won't feck him up somehow and if he can be a regular at Legia. Believed to be Arse bound by the way.

Last edited:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Probably the hottest thing there is right now in Poland at such young age, he's got great physical attributes and when given a chance this season under Berg, in a match where he's played the whole match iirc he was voted MOTM and he's looked class.

Problem is though that Legia had those type of players before, midfielders who looked in the league of their own compared to other players and then somehow failed. Dominik Furman who went to Toulouse iirc comes first to my mind can't get a game for shit there, then there was Daniel Łukasik who was touted to be even better than Furman and he's failing at some shittier Polish club than Legia, not to forget Wolski who (albeit CAM and not CDM like those three aforementioned) was tearing this league apart with his dribbles and all that and who failed at Fiorentina and now's been loaned out to Bari just to warm the bench again.

If there's one player in Polish league that's worth looking it and probably will become a big player at some point then it has to be Ondrej Duda. Guy's Slovakian, plays at CAM and there're plenty of big clubs scouting him from Spain, Germany and England. He's sometimes winning matches on his own and will probably be the most expensive player sold in Polish league.

I'd give Bielik 2-3 more years to see how he copes with adolescence, if his body won't feck him up somehow and if he can be a regular at Legia. Believed to be Arse bound by the way.
Fair post, that is why i hardly ever get excited when we talk about products of Polish youth system.

The odd exeception-keepers.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he'll reach level of Krychowiak it will be already some success and hopefully he won't fade a bit like Kosecki recently.

Just glad that Caf is igniting the discussion about Polish youngsters for a change. There's some potential but this country still needs further reforms of their coaching and football academy system.

jb8521

Poland are bringing through quite a few talented young players with the likes of this lad, Dragowski and Kownacki all getting plenty of game time for their clubs and Adamczyk doing really well for Chelsea's youth team. The problem for a lot of the young Polish players seems to be the next stage of their development after they show their talent initially a lot of them seem to stagnate for whatever reason

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Admittedly haven't seen too much of this kid apart from the obligatory youtube video but he looks a talent for his age. Arsenal are apparently looking to sign him and he's available for roughly £2.5m. I think we should be in for him also as he looks like he could develop into a Matic/Pogba type midfielder in the future and who wouldn't want one of those.

Modern football.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

bit off topic, but I remember last year, Karol Linetty breaking through at Lech and Moyes looking at him. Has he progressed?

Kostur

海尔的老板
bit off topic, but I remember last year, Karol Linetty breaking through at Lech and Moyes looking at him. Has he progressed?
Think so yeah, skills wise and maturity wise he surely did but can't say the same thing about minutes on the pitch though. Lech are in a bit of mess, they've changed their coach who's trained them for like 3 years (that's a lot in Poland) and now it's a different guy training them and he's using him a bit differently I think, letting him go a bit more forward or it's simply their tactics that force Linetty to play a little bit different role.

He's still highly rated in Poland, 3 years older than Bielik and I suppose that sooner or later he's bound to leave Poland.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think so yeah, skills wise and maturity wise he surely did but can't say the same thing about minutes on the pitch though. Lech are in a bit of mess, they've changed their coach who's trained them for like 3 years (that's a lot in Poland) and now it's a different guy training them and he's using him a bit differently I think, letting him go a bit more forward or it's simply their tactics that force Linetty to play a little bit different role.

He's still highly rated in Poland, 3 years older than Bielik and I suppose that sooner or later he's bound to leave Poland.
Yeah, interesting, as before when I saw clips of him, he played reasonably deep. I'll have to keep an eye on how he does, it's good to see he hasn't fallen off the radar. Polish football looks to have quite a bright future. I'll have to look more into Bielik, thanks for the info.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Apparently we had a bid rejected. By the looks/sounds of him I would be happy for him to be brought in to the club.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah Arsenal bid £1.6m and Legia are holding out for £2.3m. Mistake on their part IMO as if they kept him for another year or two and played him in Europa League/Champions League they could probably get £4m+ for him (like they will get £8m+ for Duda after his performances in the group stages of EL). Haven't seen him much because he has only recently emerged but he's very highly rated here and could become the next Krychowiak. By the way it's possible Arsenal will sign Krychowiak in the Summer too, for north of £20m.

Linetty has to leave Poland this year or else he will end up playing second fiddle for mid-table German team like plenty of these supposed young talents do. He hasn't progressed near enough since breaking through at Lech Poznań and the environment there isn't favorable for young players coming through right now, they're in turmoil.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Knowing Arsene, he'll be put straight into the Arsenal first XI, play 50 games next season, become injury prone and be clapped out by 21.

Zoo

GDeep (Forum Member) on January 6th, 2015, 4:07 pm

These links to very young players make me very very emotional now as Wenger will not be at Arsenal when a guy like this is ready to break into the first team.

Holding back the tears as I watch the YouTube video on this guy

This post on Arse Mania cracked me up.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Can't wait for the inevitable anger from Arsenal fans at this time next season when Wenger tells the media that they don't need a top class DM becasue they bought this young kid.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Do any Polish fans know anything about this guy?

That video impressed me, but it's apparent he was much bigger than the players in his same age-group. Though his skill on the ball seemed very good considering he's a DM 'enforcer.'

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It's official.

Now someone tell me how he's going to become the new (white) Vieira.