Kurt Zouma / 180 hours community service + banned from keeping cats for 5 years

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
How was he punished? He wasn't banned from any games, they took what a week or two wages off him?

If I was that way inclined, a punishment like that wouldn't stop me doing it again.
Quarter of a million quid at least and almost the entire country hates him forever, and he'll get abuse at every Premier League game he plays for the rest of his career.

I'm not saying that's enough, but it's not nothing.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Say what you like about the English, but we are a nation of animal lovers.
Really?

How many animals are slaughtered in the UK? Every year in the UK approximately 2.6 million cattle, 10 million pigs, 14.5 million sheep and lambs, 80 million fish and 950 million birds are slaughtered for human consumption

arnie_ni

Quarter of a million quid at least and almost the entire country hates him forever, and he'll get abuse at every Premier League game he plays for the rest of his career.

I'm not saying that's enough, but it's not nothing.
It's 2 weeks wages. The rest has no bearing on the punishment West ham have brought on him.

arnie_ni

Based on the reactions here I'm glad West Ham didn't cave to the mob. Those calling for him to be banned for the rest of the season or sacked are a bunch of weirdos.
Why are they weird? You don't think it deserves punishment

duffer

Scout
It's 2 weeks wages. The rest has no bearing on the punishment West ham have brought on him.
I didn't realise you were just talking about what West Ham can do. 2 weeks is the max fine allowed under PFA rules.

It will be interesting to see what they do when the RSPCA finish their investigation and (which they will do) charge Zouma.

beer&grill

What bans are you talking about? What Prem footballer has been caught being racist this season to be banned? Cavani's insta post is the most recent example and he got a 3 game ban for it. Footballers who have been caught giving racist abuse in a match have been given 8 or 10 game bans.

It's nonsensical and irrelevant to try and compare a footballer physically abusing an animal with footballers receiving untraceable racist messages on social media. While fans caught racially abusing players in stadiums are subject to prosecution and potentially lifetime football banning orders.

Violent abuse is also obviously worse than words. It should go without saying that what Zouma did is orders of magnitude worse than what Cavani did, even without factoring in Cavani's lack of intent.
Absolutely spot on, this should end this racism debate in a thread about an animal being abused.

Also, what a bunch of clowns those wh fans are. I hope they will sing the same when kids with idiot parents like zouma bully their kids at school. Feckin disgusting.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Really?

How many animals are slaughtered in the UK? Every year in the UK approximately 2.6 million cattle, 10 million pigs, 14.5 million sheep and lambs, 80 million fish and 950 million birds are slaughtered for human consumption
Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to love my dog and cat because I take great pleasure in utterly demolishing a bacon sandwich?

And a lamb hotpot.

And don't get me started on sheep, we'll be here all day.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I didn't realise you were just talking about what West Ham can do. 2 weeks is the max fine allowed under PFA rules.

It will be interesting to see what they do when the RSPCA finish their investigation and (which they will do) charge Zouma.
Ah, that explains things.

I mean, the least Moyes can do is bench the guy until the investigation has finished. Starting him every week is only going to incite the crowds and do more damage to their already tarnished reputation.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to love my dog and cat because I take great pleasure in utterly demolishing a bacon sandwich?

And a lamb hotpot.

And don't get me started on sheep, we'll be here all day.
I'm saying killing and eating is a strange way of loving animals.

BeltUp

Supports
United
What is strange to some is a fetish to others.

Different strokes and all that.
It's not about it being strange, it's about it being hypocritical. You can't call yourself an animal lover if you pay for them to be slaughtered. You can call yourself a dog/cat lover but you clearly don't love all animals if you eat them.

Wilt

What he did wasn't on the pitch or against another team, so i don't think the FA will charge him and rightfully so IMO.
What the hell?!

So you’re saying for example…. Benjamin Mendy and Greenwood if found guilty won’t/shouldn’t face FA charges because what they did “wasn’t on the pitch”.

Christ, some of the posts on this thread…..

Last edited:

duffer

Scout
What the hell?!

So you’re saying Benjamin Mendy and Greenwood if found guilty won’t/shouldn’t face FA charges because what they did “wasn’t on the pitch”.

Chef Evans was found guilty of rape and the Fa didn't punish him. It'll be the same for Greenwood or Mendy.

For those kind of things, (where there's a prison sentence), the FA doesn't really do anything

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's not about it being strange, it's about it being hypocritical. You can't call yourself an animal lover if you pay for them to be slaughtered. You can call yourself a dog/cat lover but you clearly don't love all animals if you eat them.
Okay, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

My opinion is that there are several ways to express love. I love to pet dogs, cats and goldfish - yes, you can totally pet a goldfish - but I love to eat bacon, sausages and lamb chops.

Does that not qualify me as an animal lover?

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
What the hell?!

So you’re saying for example…. Benjamin Mendy and Greenwood if found guilty won’t/shouldn’t face FA charges because what they did “wasn’t on the pitch”.

If they're found guilty, they'll be locked up. Meaning they can't play. As simple as that if you had taken time to think about it.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Why are they weird? You don't think it deserves punishment
How did you come to this conclusion after reading his post?
He simply said what he did doesn't deserve the type of punishment he wrote, not that it doesn't deserve any punishment.

Wilt

If they're found guilty, they'll be locked up. Meaning they can't play. As simple as that if you had taken time to think about it.
Fair comment, my bad, it does seem the FA don’t take action if given prison sentence, which I find gobsmacking.

Will have to wait and see if the FA take any action regards Mendy and Greenwood.

arnie_ni

Sorry yea, I think West ham have been to soft on him and put their results ahead of anything else. He shouldn't be playing until the investigation is concluded, at least.

Wilt

Chef Evans was found guilty of rape and the Fa didn't punish him. It'll be the same for Greenwood or Mendy.

For those kind of things, (where there's a prison sentence), the FA doesn't really do anything
You’re right, there was no FA action against Evans.

I stand corrected and amazed.

arnie_ni

How did you come to this conclusion after reading his post?
He simply said what he did doesn't deserve the type of punishment he wrote, not that it doesn't deserve any punishment.
Hes calling posters weirdos for saying he should be banned for 12ish games? It's an odd audience to target. The weirdos are those that don't think there should be any punishment.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Hes calling posters weirdos for saying he should be banned for 12ish games? It's an odd audience to target. The weirdos are those that don't think there should be any punishment.
He was talking about those asking for him to be banned, not just suspended for 12ish games.
And IMO he shouldn't face any more than 5 games suspension, and a fine. He's already also lost a sponsor too.

arnie_ni

He was talking about those asking for him to be banned, not just suspended for 12ish games.
And IMO he shouldn't face any more than 5 games suspension, and a fine. He's already also lost a sponsor too.
He said banned to the end of the season. How many games are left 12/14 something like that is it? It wouldn't be that over the top.

It's far less over the top than what West ham have actually done and that's fine him 2 weeks wages and start him every game since.

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
He said banned to the end of the season. How many games are left 12/14 something like that is it? It wouldn't be that over the top.

It's far less over the top than what West ham have actually done and that's fine him 2 weeks wages and start him every game since.
Clubs fine players how they want, and also legally i think there's a limit to how much a club can fine a player.

West Ham shouldn't have played him immediately, but suspending him till the end of the season is complete BS IMO.

arnie_ni

Clubs fine players how they want, and also legally i think there's a limit to how much a club can fine a player.

West Ham shouldn't have played him immediately, but suspending him till the end of the season is complete BS IMO.
Again that's my point, it's bullshit to have done nothing at all. That's where all the anger should be placed

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Again that's my point, it's bullshit to have done nothing at all. That's where all the anger should be placed
They didn't do nothing though, he was fined. You might think it's not enough, but saying they did nothing is factually wrong.

arnie_ni

They didn't do nothing though, he was fined. You might think it's not enough, but saying they did nothing is factually wrong.
They did nothing that may effect their results on the pitch and frankly I think that's diabolical and they should be taken to the cleaners for it in the press

Banat

Okay, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.

My opinion is that there are several ways to express love. I love to pet dogs, cats and goldfish - yes, you can totally pet a goldfish - but I love to eat bacon, sausages and lamb chops.

Does that not qualify me as an animal lover?
You are just being ignorant because you obviously can't comprehend what kind of torture and terror animals must endure in slaughterhouse before you eat your delicious piece of meat.
They are completely disregarded as sentient beings.
I made my peace with it, I'm aware that most people lack a deep empathy as this is not part of cognitive ability but what really grinds my gears are 'tryin to sound funny and cool' jokes about bacon, chops and meat in general.
Nobody is forcing veganism on you, but I think it should be mandatory to at least repsect the slaughtered animal you eat.
Every life has equal value.

alexthelion

Really?

Go away.

How many of those were pets?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wonder if this happened to a United player, and they were in a desperate hunt for 4th place where the money they could get from it would be season-defining (unlike the real United that can print money without winning a thing), would those asking for Zouma to be suspended for x number of games still feel the same, or would they justify a punishment that didn't require a key player missing?

alexthelion

Please do as your user name.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I only eat the dead ones tbf

The Firestarter

Can you be even more insufferable?

arnie_ni

I wonder if this happened to a United player, and they were in a desperate hunt for 4th place where the money they could get from it would be season-defining (unlike the real United that can print money without winning a thing), would those asking for Zouma to be suspended for x number of games still feel the same, or would they justify a punishment that didn't require a key player missing?
Not that it's comparable but many of us have said greenwood should never play for united again even if he isn't actually charged with anything.

We can be objective. Silly argument

MichaelRed

What he did wasn't on the pitch or against another team, so i don't think the FA will charge him and rightfully so IMO.
What Cavani did was send a message to a friend on Instagram? He was banned for 3 games for bringing the game into disrepute. So, what's the next excuse?

MichaelRed

What if you love them for their flavour? Technically I still love them, just on a plate.