Kyle Rittenhouse | Now crowdfunding LOLsuits against Whoopi Goldberg, LeBron James, and The Young Turks

Drainy

Whether someone is right-wing or left-wing the most important thing should really be whether they get the facts right whatever they are commenting on.
I agree, more a comment on the inference

Part of my agitation in this matter has been how some people are so disconnected from the facts and still have a strong opinion. Then rather than debating on the corrected facts they question your motivation or outright insult.

It's like debating Brexit. :lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Part of my agitation in this matter has been how some people are so disconnected from the facts and still have a strong opinion. Then rather than debating on the corrected facts they question your motivation or outright insult.

Omg, you virtually posted through the entire thread taking law on one side and opinion on the other. Stop posting as if you are some of paragon of unvarnished truth here bro.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If that was a prerequisite for politics there'd be no politics. We all know that it is the slant based on interpretation of a fact that proves the tricky part.
I've just grown up having no problem reading right wing and left wing magazines because I feel it gives me a better picture of things. The same with tv/youtube/twitter etc. And no I don't watch fox news, I'm not an american.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

This is the case in most threads.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I've just grown up having no problem reading right wing and left wing magazines because I feel it gives me a better picture of things. The same with tv/youtube/twitter etc. And no I don't watch fox news, I'm not an american.
I just don't see how reading both Right and Left Wing media would give you the impression that you are gaining a balanced insight, surely you are just gaining one extreme versus another.

Don't watch or read news for their opinions or their slant on the facts. Pick the bones out of either then decide for yourself what they might mean for the society you want to live in.

Gehrman

I just don't see how reading both Right and Left Wing media would give you the impression that you are gaining a balanced insight, surely you are just gaining one extreme versus another.

Don't watch or read news for their opinions or their slant on the facts. Pick the bones out of either then decide for yourself what they might mean for the society you want to live in.
It doesnt have to be extremes providing the content is reasonable.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
It doesnt have to be extremes providing the content is reasonable.
Oh well, you didn't say that mate. I must be on the look out for reasonable Right and Left Wing content. :lol:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Second degree doesn't even apply because according to everyone on the left Kyle went to the protest with the intent to kill someone. If you're of the mind that he's lying that he went to be helpful and. And lying that only brought gun for personal safety then your only avenue in Wisconsin is first Degree homicide. If you're convinced that Kyle went there with the soul purpose to murder protesters and his whole story of self defense is him lying out of his teeth then I don't understand how you go about changing anything other than first Degree when you go through the list of statues available to you in Wisconsin.
Yes. My point is that Wisconsin lacks the logical and common laws of other states. I still would have voted for the reckless charges myself but Wisconsin still lacks some laws he would have been charged with in other states.

About self defense, no it doesnt. One of those would have to charge or raise a gun or do something like Rosenbaum did. That’s a very poor argument
It does because it speaks towards the question of provocation which is relevant. Some will only consider the 5 seconds before the shooting to determine self-defense while others will look at a longer time frame and consider the provocation factor. For Grosskreutz, he would also have a legit self-defense claim because Rittenhouse appeared to be pointing the AR-015 at him and reracking it.

It's problematic in a broader sense because some states lack other laws to help limit such negligent and dangerous behavior. California for instance has a law against brandishing firearms in public while New York has a general law against public endangerment. Wisconsin lacks laws like this. These circumstances increase the likelihood of avoidable deaths.

Some like mace, pepper spray or even blunt weapons like a cane, anyone can defend themselves and incapacitate a person without using lethal force. With guns and lacking other laws like California and NY that disincentivize reckless and provocative behavior the stakes of any encounter automatically goes to the extremes. When people, especially untrained, unexperienced ones walk around with AR-15s the stakes become so much higher it makes any encounter potentially life or death which is very problematic. It's why many states and cities don't allow 17-year-olds to walk around with AR-15s in the first place (and Wisconsin didn't intend to allow that either from their law).

Drainy

Interesting allegations coming out.

The MAGA lawyers accused of using Rittenhouse to create a cause in order to raise money for themselves. They supposedly faught the extradition because they were avoiding paying bond and wanted to keep Rittenhouse in prison until after the presidential election.

Wisconsin extradited Rittenhouse and set the bond and they were forced to post the bond and according to Mark Richards they started whoring Rittenhouse out to people donating to the campaign. Rittenhouse spent 90 days in prison but could have been out sooner supposedly.

At this point they got sacked by the family. Richards has said that he has advised Rittenhouse to start taking responsibility for the events and press he does and to learn to say no. They disagreed on Tucker Carlson getting the first interview and filming the trial.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is peak culture war. Let's be honest, race is the instigator of everything that is wrong with America.
Rittenhouse is a hero to nearly half of the country.

Gehrman

This is peak culture war. Let's be honest, race is the instigator of everything that is wrong with America.
Well going with the media narratives and social media narratives he's either a hero or a terrorist while imo he is neither of those things. Him flashing white power signs on a picture with the proud boys is enough for me beyond all the other stuff to distrust stuff like saying he support BLM and all that.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Well going with the media narratives and social media narratives he's either a hero or a terrorist while imo he is neither of those things. Him flashing white power signs on a picture with the proud boys is enough for me beyond all the other stuff to distrust stuff like saying he support BLM and all that.
There may well be something to his claims that his (later fired) lawyers set that photo-op up, and that he didn't know who the Proud Boys were or that the OK sign has been appropriated by the alt-right, though the latter two seem less likely for someone who is engaged enough to grab his rifle to "protect businesses". But either way, the right is going to make him a hero. The BLM comment is easily dismissed by the alt-right as a "nudge nudge wink wink" comment, like how Q-anon supporters read everything Trump did as supporting Q.

Drainy

His advisors should have been smarter than to trust high profile lawyers who take on these types of cases to get exposure.

Mark Richards wasn't a good trial lawyer but at least he isn't involved in the January 6th or 'stolen election' cases or like Lin Wood, John Pierce or Robert Barnes. At least they were wise enough to cut those guys eventually.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
His advisors should have been smarter than to trust high profile lawyers who take on these types of cases to get exposure.

Mark Richards wasn't a good trial lawyer but at least he isn't involved in the January 6th or 'stolen election' cases or like Lin Wood, John Pierce or Robert Barnes. At least they were wise enough to cut those guys eventually.
Whichever lawyer they pick would have no option other than to drag themselves in the mud with the image flinging contest.

As much as they want to play fair this is and will be an optic war

Drainy

Whichever lawyer they pick would have no option other than to drag themselves in the mud with the image flinging contest.

As much as they want to play fair this is and will be an optic war
At least Richards and Chirafici are moderate Democrats and were smart enough to move away from the culture war aspect that was actually damaging their client's case and chances of a normal life once cleared.

A more ethical lawyer at the start would have de-escalated the culture war aspect immediately, even if it meant less money in the pot. At least in my opinion, but maybe I'm being naive.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
At least Richards and Chirafici are moderate Democrats and were smart enough to move away from the culture war aspect that was actually damaging their client's case and chances of a normal life once cleared.

A more ethical lawyer at the start would have de-escalated the culture war aspect immediately, even if it meant less money in the pot. At least in my opinion, but maybe I'm being naive.
You're being naive, nothing in US court is not about optics, with 12 jurors up for grabs.

Stacks

the white power thing is a reach though. I have seen pictures of AOC and Obama doing the same thing. its a pretty standard hand gesture which I do sometimes. His own Lawyer has said during an interview with Cuomo, that conservative politicians trying to profit off his result should be ashamed as this case was not about a victory for them or white supremacists and that no one should be celebrating. The media narratives have been pathetic in this case for both sides and you shouldn't get sucked in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AOC...tB8sQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25

https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...gBw&bih=722&biw=1536&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB846GB846

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
fecker was at Mar-a-Lago last night. Can’t wait til we start seeing the media from that circus.

Gehrman

the white power thing is a reach though. I have seen pictures of AOC and Obama doing the same thing. its a pretty standard hand gesture which I do sometimes. His own Lawyer has said during an interview with Cuomo, that conservative politicians trying to profit off his result should be ashamed as this case was not about a victory for them or white supremacists and that no one should be celebrating. The media narratives have been pathetic in this case for both sides and you shouldn't get sucked in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AOC...tB8sQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25

https://www.google.com/search?q=oba...gBw&bih=722&biw=1536&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB846GB846
Its him doing it with proud boys that does it for. Context means everything. It's also mudra in Buddhism that stands for "excellent". Im open to the idea that Rittenhouse is a complex person, but he should have known what that signal he was sending.

Stacks

Its him doing it with proud boys that does it for. Context means everything. It's also mudra in Buddhism that stands for "excellent". Im open to the idea that Rittenhouse is a complex person, but he should have known what that signal he was sending.
Yeah. He does appear a bit of a helmet. I was watching his Lawyer have a discussion and he gives the impression his family are manipulating things a bit, and the lawyer had a "chat" with him kinda implying he was advising him to be careful. He is 17 years old

nimic

something nice
Scout

As @Gehrman pointed out, it's when he's doing it in the context of taking a photo with alt-right thugs like Proud Boys. Whether or not he knew what he was doing or was just being misled by his lawyers, it's clearly not comparable to AOC or Obama doing it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As @Gehrman pointed out, it's when he's doing it in the context of taking a photo with alt-right thugs like Proud Boys. Whether or not he knew what he was doing or was just being misled by his lawyers, it's clearly not comparable to AOC or Obama doing it.
Very much this. It wasn’t a quick gesture of point articulation, it was a staged photo. It’s difficult not to read negatively into it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That hand gesture is a simpel a ok to me..been doing that in pictures until peace v sign and now korean heart sign took over...
It’s almost like it’s a cultural thing.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is unbelievable, everyone is so calm.

We are going to see so many more of these instances in the short term.

That said, where was the need to kill the man? Where was the need to protect from bodily harm? A chest bump now allows for an execution?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Thank God the stepfather had a rifle to protect himself.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How the feck is the killer so calm, and even more crazy the woman filming?

Seriously America is FUBAR.