Kyle Walker-Peters

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
As in a bench warmer for Dalot?
I like him, he is very versatile. Right footed but plays both sides. Moves well. I rate him highly. Would be a Grade A signing from my point of view if he could be had on a cheaper deal if Southampton is relegated.

That flexibility is really important. Having 2 players at one position is hard to achieve, and even if you do — as soon as you get one injury, it’s one player that can’t rotate. Someone is hurt for a few months on 1 February, you might have to play one guy 2 games a week for those months.

KWP can play both RD/LD. Malacia can play LD/RD. Shaw can play LD/LCD. Martinez can play LCD and CDM. It just helps so much to keep continuity in our game.

Robbie Boy

I like him, he is very versatile. Right footed but plays both sides. Moves well. I rate him highly. Would be a Grade A signing from my point of view if he could be had on a cheaper deal if Southampton is relegated.

That flexibility is really important. Having 2 players at one position is hard to achieve, and even if you do — as soon as you get one injury, it’s one player that can’t rotate. Someone is hurt for a few months on 1 February, you might have to play one guy 2 games a week for those months.

KWP can play both RD/LD. Malacia can play LD/RD. Shaw can play LD/LCD. Martinez can play LCD and CDM. It just helps so much to keep continuity in our game.
I like him too he's a good player and if he wanted to move here knowing he's a backup, I would be well up for it. I'm just not sure that would suit him, given AWB has only managed about 4 outings this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's a good player. Hardly available in January, let alone with them in the Cup Semis.

I think he'd challenge Dalot more than people give him credit for. Spurs made a mistake selling him.

CallyRed

Thought he played well tonight. Looks like Chelsea are also interested. Then again there after anyone with a heartbeat at the moment

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Thought he played well tonight. Looks like Chelsea are also interested. Then again there after anyone with a heartbeat at the moment
We made 5 man shortlists for every position we are seeking to fill, and then divided those lists up based on January or future signings. If someone is eliminated as a possibility from the list another is added.

Basically all clubs do this, but since even Chelsea execs farting is good for clickbait these days it’s always a story.

We need a RB, and January has to be the availability window. Then there is value versus what it would take to get them. Contrary to reports they are not asking people whether they ok with being a backup. If you’re a pro you should believe you can make that job yours, especially when the competition misses time … a lot.

I don’t want Dumfries. Juranovic is a solid player and presence … but does seem more of a “backup”. KWP and Porro intrigue me.

That article today said talks have stalled on his new contract and United and Chelsea are both interested.

I would be happy with either honestly.

daba

KWP would be quite a “meh” signing. He wouldn’t improve on Dalot now and also doesn’t have as much potential him either long-term.

If we are going down themore attacking RB route there are plenty of exciting options out there for I assume a very similar price £30-40m:

Pedro Porro (linked to Spurs and Chelsea this window)
Frimpong
Vanderson
Malo Gusto

If we’re looking at Southampton players, Bella-Kotchap as a third CB (provided we sell two of Maguire, Lindelof or Bailly) wouldn’t be a bad shout.

croadyman

KWP would be quite a “meh” signing. He wouldn’t improve on Dalot now and also doesn’t have as much potential him either long-term.

If we are going down themore attacking RB route there are plenty of exciting options out there for I assume a very similar price £30-40m:

Pedro Porro (linked to Spurs and Chelsea this window)
Frimpong
Vanderson
Malo Gusto

If we’re looking at Southampton players, Bella-Kotchap as a third CB (provided we sell two of Maguire, Lindelof or Bailly) wouldn’t be a bad shout.
Yeah see us waiting it out to try and get one of those three above,don't think we have any interest in Porro but knew nothing about Wout until last Saturday so maybe he is under radar.

NoPace

Certainly good enough in attack, but he falls asleep and lacks the strength you want defensively. If he costs the same as Frimpong, you'd take the younger player with more pace.

Abraxas

I've always thought he looks very tidy indeed. Whether he really kicks us on I'm not sure. Seems like a similar level to Dalot. It's a squad option I guess. Full back should be a really demanding position when played at full intensity so you need quality options. I don't know if he's the best option out there but it's seemed like a position where stand out candidates are quite rare.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
If we're in the market for a RB (and we should be), I think picking this lad up on the cheap post Soton's relegation would be a great bit of business.

Would allow us to find a new home for 1 of Dalot, AWB and even Williams.

redcucumber

Really like him. Constantly looking to cause problems and isn't afraid to get stuck in. Would be a great pick-up if the price is right (along with Lavia).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If we're in the market for a RB (and we should be), I think picking this lad up on the cheap post Soton's relegation would be a great bit of business.

In my opinion we should only go for a RB if we get a player who is an obvious upgrade to what we have right now. KWP has been good this season but he wouldn't just simply nail down the position against Dalot or AWB. Him being potentially cheap shouldn't and probably won't affect EtH's plans regarding what he wants to do with the RB situation.

Dalot showed clear improvements to his game early on this season and I still there's a player there. He was much better defensively, positioning-wise etc. It's disappointing that after his injury he hasn't gotten back to that level. AWB has been pretty good after his own injury issues and ideally these two fighting it out will develop both players.

If Spurs only had had a bit more patience... Saves them from the cost (and pain of) of Doherty & Emerson Royal. Would've been one of the very few academy players from them to make it to the first team level.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

They were interested in Williams before, it would make sense to do some sort of deal with them. I have to say I wasn't particularly convinced before, but think he's improved every year at Southampton. He's very decent on the ball and got a great engine on him.