Kylian Mbappe

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
According to Le Parisien, Mbappe's entourage use the nickname "Prision Saint Germain" when referring to PSG because of cases such as Verratti, Cavani, Neymar and Mbappe himself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
According to Le Parisien, Mbappe's entourage use the nickname "Prision Saint Germain" when referring to PSG because of cases such as Verratti, Cavani, Neymar and Mbappe himself.
It's possible because Mbappé's entourage(his father) has issues with PSG. But at the same time Le Parisien is PSG's mouthpiece.

Baxquux

The kind of prison that keeps you from signing for a more prestigious club and league when your contract's expired and you could literally just take a flight to Madrid and sign a contract elsewhere by promising to make you ungodly rich and give you part-control over its sporting strategy. I'm in favour of significant penal reform, but that's something else entirely -puts the Scandi model of 'humane and reform-centred' incarceration to shame.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
And then they have an unhappy player and one who goes for free next season.
Levy is getting on Kane either being the difference for CL football for them (dumb bet imo), or thinks United/Madrid/Bayern will all sign another striker this summer and next summer Kane will just stay and extend with options gone.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I wonder how Madrid is planning with him. Or if it is rather a "sign and see later" type of transfer.

Apparently, Mbappe was pissed that he had to play striker this season. He allegedly wants Neymar's position and at Madrid, that one is occupied by Vinicius Junior.

croadyman

Levy is getting on Kane either being the difference for CL football for them (dumb bet imo), or thinks United/Madrid/Bayern will all sign another striker this summer and next summer Kane will just stay and extend with options gone.
Yeah that could well happen

Hammondo

Neither PSG nor France are built around Mbappé, I don't get why people say these things that are just wrong. But lets say that they are what makes Villa a more creative player? What was he creating, he has less key passes per games and less passes per games, on top of not being close in terms of assists. The only time Villa was close is between 10-12 which is why I mentioned that period but even then Mbappé is more prolific.
They are both heavily built around him, it is amazingly rare to see a player with that much freedom and that little responsibility.

Villa is much better in tight spaces, better linkup play, he was part of a very technical team that required everyone to be able to contribute.

Where are you getting your stats from btw, I cannot find any from his barcelona days.

JPRouve

Scout
I wonder how Madrid is planning with him. Or if it is rather a "sign and see later" type of transfer.

Apparently, Mbappe was pissed that he had to play striker this season. He allegedly wants Neymar's position and at Madrid, that one is occupied by Vinicius Junior.
He didn't want to be a pivot. Initially the role that Galtier gave him was basically as a poacher, he had to stay up top centrally and weight for the ball. His issue was allegedly with the role not the fact that he was a striker.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
They are both heavily built around him, it is amazingly rare to see a player with that much freedom and that little responsibility.

Villa is much better in tight spaces, better linkup play, he was part of a very technical team that required everyone to be able to contribute.

Where are you getting your stats from btw, I cannot find any from his barcelona days.
Niether teams are built around him let alone heavily built. France isn't built around any player, the only time something like that happened under Deschamps was the introduction of 3412 in 2019. PSG are not only not built around PSG but have almost always asked him to change his role in order to accomodate other players which is why he ended up playing on the right wing or as a poacher, and he hates the latter.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He didn't want to be a pivot. Initially the role that Galtier gave him basically as a poacher, he had to stay up top centrally and weight for the ball. His issue was allegedly with the role not the fact that he was a striker.
Then he could actually be a good replacement for Benzema. Mbappe and Vinicius together would definitely mean frightening amounts of pace

JPRouve

Scout
Then he could actually be a good replacement for Benzema. Mbappe and Vinicius together would definitely mean frightening amounts of pace
I think they could because Vinicius, Rodrygo and Mbappé are interchangeable. From what I've seen Rodrygo and Mbappé are willing and happy to move around while Vinicius a bit less, either way I could see all three of them quite happy in a free flowing attack.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Bellingham and Mbappe in one summer or back to back summer should be illegal

danigl

If you sign M'bappé you let Rashford go (he is 2 years older), that's the point.
Kane needs to play with M'bappé, it's nonesense to compare the two.
Rashford is 1 year and 2 months older

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So he's going to run his contract down and bank the €150m himself next summer. Smart kid.

No wonder PSG are trying to sell him now... It'll be quite hard if he refuses to go...

bosskeano

he won't leave this summer....run down his contract to leave on a free. Get a massive signing bonus along iwth big wages. smart move on his part considering the PSG experiment has been a complete failure for him, messi and neymar.

IF the Sheik wins out and buys the club, clearly this guy will be a top target. Madrid can't afford to purchase both Mbappe and Haaland next summer so they would have to choose.

we make Mbappe our next #7 and while it might cost say 150m, his marketing value at United or Madrid, would easily recoup that over the course of his contract.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

We buy Vinicius, and Madrid buys Mbappe. Problem solved.

croadyman

he won't leave this summer....run down his contract to leave on a free. Get a massive signing bonus along iwth big wages. smart move on his part considering the PSG experiment has been a complete failure for him, messi and neymar.

IF the Sheik wins out and buys the club, clearly this guy will be a top target. Madrid can't afford to purchase both Mbappe and Haaland next summer so they would have to choose.

we make Mbappe our next #7 and while it might cost say 150m, his marketing value at United or Madrid, would easily recoup that over the course of his contract.
We aren’t getting involved

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He pissed off the Qataris at PSG, they’re not going to sanction his move to United if their man bought us.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye this sounds like what he’d be thinking. Smart if it pays off but Madrid could sign mbappe this summer and then Kane on a free next year. Likewise we could sign hojund this summer and then go for Kane on a free. Kane needs to realise that next year he’ll be a year older and will likely have less suitors and he’s an extra year wasted without a trophy.

marktan

Sign the Qataris
Sign this fella for £100m, the money goes to the other Qataris so it's basically free

Sorted

bosskeano

He pissed off the Qataris at PSG, they’re not going to sanction his move to United if their man bought us.
Yeah that's a very valid point
i don't honestly think that would influence this guy whatsoever....he's a massive united fan and if he could get arguably the best attacking player on the planet at a young age, he'll certainly make the effort.

this would be about sporting business not make it personal

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't really get that one. Where the paycheck part comes from?
Not the first or even second time we are going through this Mbappe saga. Hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ultimately I feel that he legitimately loves playing for PSG, in Paris, being the superstar etc. And just like other players, ours too, his entourage seeing an opportunity to get even more now Messi is gone and Neymar most likely gone as well.

And that is perfectly fair tbh, just think Madrid should move on and no longer waste any time. Mbappe loved Ronaldo, don’t think he really gives a shit about RM and we should just focus on other areas. Let this one go, not every player wants RM and that is perfectly fine.