Television La casa de papel (Money Heist)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Trailer for season 5 is out.
Fantastic.

When this first came out my roommate wanted to watch it with English voiceover rather than just watching in Spanish as intended. I immediately started watching it on my own and have been ever since. Far more enjoyable this way.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I was digging through Netflix ratings to see if they played a part in Last Kingdom getting just one more season, and was surprised to see how high this one was.

It was up there with their current prime properties like Stranger Things, The Witcher, and Bridgerton.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Stopped halfway in S2

It's getting to absurd can't bother to finish it
Same here, I don't remember where I stopped but it got ridiculous, I'm hoping to be tempted back into it but it has the air of self-importance about it.

Sylar

Watched the first three eps out of five. (Its part 5a)

So two left. Everybodys favourite Arturo features.

Sylar

The five episodes were fun, the ending was mad. Damn cliffhangers, though that one was absolute.

actually surprised Tokyo went. Given its been her narrative. And so soon after nairobi

Anybody else watching?
Gotta wait until December for the final part which is annoying

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The five episodes were fun, the ending was mad. Damn cliffhangers, though that one was absolute.

actually surprised Tokyo went. Given its been her narrative. And so soon after nairobi

Anybody else watching?
Gotta wait until December for the final part which is annoying
Finished it yesterday. It was a fun each but them splitting seasons again is annoying plus the ending was completely mad.

Where the hell did Tokyo get multiple grenades to attach to herself when minutes ago she had to wait for Gandia to throw them a grenade so she can throw in it back? She could have just thrown grenade after grenade to the room they were in which would have bought them plenty of time and possibly saved her.

Sylar

Finished it yesterday. It was a fun each but them splitting seasons again is annoying plus the ending was completely mad.

Where the hell did Tokyo get multiple grenades to attach to herself when minutes ago she had to wait for Gandia to throw them a grenade so she can throw in it back? She could have just thrown grenade after grenade to the room they were in which would have bought them plenty of time and possibly saved her.
Yeah it was annoying because

once they came in, she could have thrown it to draw them out as well.
It seemed done more for a bang than for making sense

But I guess that's a lot of this show.

Still enjoyed it and with you, wish they didn't split it to milk it.
Viewing figures gotta be high for them to even do that as I don't think they've done this with any other show at all

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Watched it with the wife (in English ffs). Its getting ridiculous but I love it haha.
Will watch it in Spanish again. The English dubs doesn't do it for me. There's something sexy about swearing in Spanish and the language in general.

wr8_utd

:'(

You can't use this much common sense in this show. Just like the pregnancy plot and Denver and Manila discussing their love life in the middle of a war made no sense. Just enjoy the silliness :lol:

wr8_utd

Yeah it was annoying because

once they came in, she could have thrown it to draw them out as well.
It seemed done more for a bang than for making sense

But I guess that's a lot of this show.

Still enjoyed it and with you, wish they didn't split it to milk it.
Viewing figures gotta be high for them to even do that as I don't think they've done this with any other show at all
Its clearly one of their most popular shows and one they will milk to death. The amount of marketing about this here in India has been crazy too.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Stopped halfway in S2

It's getting to absurd can't bother to finish it
Me too. It felt like work (ignoring the obvious flaws), so I could not enjoy it any more.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well,... it is a spanish show thats seen as a soap opera :lol:
Hence why it initially failed there.
I mean, it's terrible. Poor acting, so many cringe moments, I can't believe it's still living based on first few episodes. I gave up after season two but I was almost puking throughout the entire second season, but I wanted just to finish it for the sake of the story.

With so many good TV around, it's hard to believe people are giving Netflix money to watch shite like this.

AshRK

It wasn't spectacular but wasn't bad either. But they definitely have to wrap it up. Unless they decide to do a prequel where berlin is the primary focus, then sign me up.

Mike Smalling

Had to stop midway through the first season. It was seriously bad. The plot is not believable in the slightest and the acting is poor.

Can’t believe how many people rave about it.

Sylar

I mean, it's terrible. Poor acting, so many cringe moments, I can't believe it's still living based on first few episodes. I gave up after season two but I was almost puking throughout the entire second season, but I wanted just to finish it for the sake of the story.
:lol: ok then. Bit OTT but sure.

I enjoyed it. A bit like Power, it doesn’t have the best writing but great entertainment.
Power is a weird comparison, but I get why you said it. Yeah, its got some nonsense stuff but very much fun entertainment.

Andy_Cole

:lol: ok then. Bit OTT but sure.

Power is a weird comparison, but I get why you said it. Yeah, its got some nonsense stuff but very much fun entertainment.
Yeh nothing like power. But both shows are ridiculous entertainment haha.

Roosney

Had to stop midway through the first season. It was seriously bad. The plot is not believable in the slightest and the acting is poor.

Can’t believe how many people rave about it.
Exactly, just seen a friend complaining how he can't wait till December for the new episodes to drop :lol:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I dont mind shows going OTT but there has to be some logic behind it. If Tokyo is the narrator, how can you kill her? Who is narrating the show?!

Revan

Assumptionman
It was already terrible after the second season, but this season achieved a new level of unprecedented braindead.

Not sure if I will watch the second half of the season. It essentially makes Dexter look a masterpiece.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
It was already terrible after the second season, but this season achieved a new level of unprecedented braindead.

Not sure if I will watch the second half of the season. It essentially makes Dexter look a masterpiece.
I stopped after the first episode of season 2. It somehow has a huge following herein India. A lot of series' were getting huge attention due to WFH.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, it's weird how different people have different tastes eh?
Do you really think this is a great show and it's just a matter of taste?(like with GOT for example)

Sylar

Do you really think this is a great show and it's just a matter of taste?(like with GOT for example)
Why does it matter to you that people are enjoying it or discussing it

You've already said you don't like it and stopped watching it
So why the obsession with making sure others don't like it or shaming others who do?

Reactions: crappycraperson

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Trying to use logic so many episodes into this series :lol:

Amir

I dont mind shows going OTT but there has to be some logic behind it. If Tokyo is the narrator, how can you kill her? Who is narrating the show?!
Dead Tokyo is. What's the problem? It makes sense like everything else i the show...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My missus is watching this right now actually. Season three. I especially love the bad English overdub and how every bad word is replaced with "feck". To show it's grittiness or something?

It's probably much better in Spanish if the English subs are a direct translation of what the script really said. It's a shame that three seasons in they're still using whatever the hell (feck) passes for voice actors at whatever damn (feck) shitshow (feckshow) of a studio they use.

Sylar

My missus is watching this right now actually. Season three. I especially love the bad English overdub and how every bad word is replaced with "feck". To show it's grittiness or something?

It's probably much better in Spanish if the English subs are a direct translation of what the script really said. It's a shame that three seasons in they're still using whatever the hell (feck) passes for voice actors at whatever damn (feck) shitshow (feckshow) of a studio they use.
Spanish audio with english subtitles, it does come off as less ... corny?

wr8_utd

I stopped after the first episode of season 2. It somehow has a huge following herein India. A lot of series' were getting huge attention due to WFH.
Money Heist had a good solid following here in India even before the pandemic! It's been a hugely popular show globally for a bit now. It's senseless but a lot of fun.

GBBQ

I watched the first 4 seasons during lockdown, I think being stuck in the house made me much more forgiving. Watched the first episode of the new series over the weekend, and couldn't finish it.

Its like prison break, the idea for the initial series is a good one but then having to do the same thing over and over again and the good guys always being two steps ahead just becomes boring.

wr8_utd

Finished it. It may be trashy and utterly unrealistic but I'll definitely miss this show. It's been quite a ride.