La Liga 2023/24: ¡Madrid campeón!

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
There is no video showing anything obvious. Very dubious and the picture @Ragnar123 posted is misleading. Even Iturralde who has little simpathy for Madrid has to admit there is no evidence of such handball.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JJathkoyM0M?feature=share

I didn't say it was a clear handball from Bellingham and yes, the picture is a bit misleading and I took it because twitter was full of it minutes after the situation. But he still stops the ball with his upper arm/shoulder area where you can discuss if it's hand or not. Oddly enough I haven't seen a front camera for this scene.
But it's the same with Gavi. I'd even say Gavi's hand is even less a discussion because he got pushed by the defender and touched the ball with half chest, half biceps. At least LaLiga came forward and admitted it was false to decide a handball against Gavi. That would have resulted in a penalty in the last minute of the game and most likely in 2 more points.
In any case, both situations are not clear ones, but the outcome is pro Madrid and against Barca. That's what I wanted to show, nothing more. Let's see how it envolves going forward.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't say it was a clear handball from Bellingham and yes, the picture is a bit misleading and I took it because twitter was full of it minutes after the situation. But he still stops the ball with his upper arm/shoulder area where you can discuss if it's hand or not. Oddly enough I haven't seen a front camera for this scene.
But it's the same with Gavi. I'd even say Gavi's hand is even less a discussion because he got pushed by the defender and touched the ball with half chest, half biceps. At least LaLiga came forward and admitted it was false to decide a handball against Gavi. That would have resulted in a penalty in the last minute of the game and most likely in 2 more points.
In any case, both situations are not clear ones, but the outcome is pro Madrid and against Barca. That's what I wanted to show, nothing more. Let's see how it envolves going forward.
I don't see the same situation with Gavi. While it's still not clear, in Gavi's case from one of the angles it seems to me the ball hits twice on his body, first on his chest and then on his arm when his arm is extended which helps him gain advantage. There is not such angle in Bellingham's case and where there is, it's too far away to appreciate anything. In Gavi's case there is room for interpretation and in Bellingham's case there is room for imagination.

So it's not true both situations are comparable from my point of view.

If you show pics just because Twitter was full of it when there are videos available you are just following the trend. Better show the videos so people can judge by themselves.

Edit: this is not taken the front but these are four consecutive frames of the best video I have found. Very different from the picture that is being shared in Twitter and you chose to bring to the forum.

Last edited:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Yamal is starting tonight for the first time. I'm excited to see how he'll do from the start against a rested opponent. But on the other hand, it's a clear sign to Fati and Torres if Xavi prefers a just turned 16 years old boy.

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Being sarcastic about "unbiased" refs and then posting a photo from the worst angle possible to make a legit goal look like a handball is hilarious. I can't post links in the forum but if you look for it you can see replays from other angles which show that the ball clearly hits Bellingham's shoulder.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very low attendance at Montjuic. Is it because it is in August or is it going to be the same all the year? I read that they are only at 17.000 socios

wr8_utd

:'(
Yamal doing as well as he did vs Spurs and that chance he put on a platter for Fati last match. Could have already scored today and put yet another chance on a silver platter for Pedri today which was missed.

Barca really should have been 3 up by now.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Very low attendance at Montjuic. Is it because it is in August or is it going to be the same all the year? I read that they are only at 17.000 socios
The Barca followers there in Catalonia aren't very loyal as shown in the Eintrach game. Apparently they don't like that they have to go up a hill to watch the games.
I have traveled all the way from México to Barcelona to support the team but they can’t go up a hill that's next to the City.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
How come after all that spending, Yamal is your best player :D?
We got 3 players this summer, 2 for free the other for 3 million.
Yamal is a great talent, it actually shows how good la Masía still is.

JuriM

We got 3 players this summer, 2 for free the other for 3 million.
Yamal is a great talent, it actually shows how good la Masía still is.
Yea, just asking questions about the likes of Ferran Torres and Raphina :D But ye, Yamal, Gavi, Pedri, Balde all great. Abde is showing some, but nothing major yet. Just somewhat a lot of midfielders, but lacking strikers and even wingers. In terms of getting somewhere far in Europa, I don't think you are ready yet.

wr8_utd

Lewandowskis form falling off a cliff in the second half of last season is going to be a big problem for Barca. He's slow and labored and doesn't take his chances and no one else is really there to score.

JuriM

Cadiz defender's playing best of their MMA dark arts vs Lewandowski also :D

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Yea, just asking questions about the likes of Ferran Torres and Raphina :D But ye, Yamal, Gavi, Pedri, Balde all great. Abde is showing some, but nothing major yet. Just somewhat a lot of midfielders, but lacking strikers and even wingers. In terms of getting somewhere far in Europa, I don't think you are ready yet.
Ferran is a flop, Raphina is suspended if not he would have started. Xavi had Dembelé and Raphina for the right wing this season but one left and the other can't play today so that's why Lamine Yamal ended up playing.
Of course we aren't ready for big things in Europe but if we do decently and get the finances in order for next season I think it would enough.

wr8_utd

Super ball Gundo and super finish Pedri. How Lewandoswki stays on while Yamal goes off, I have no idea.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
If Lewy doesn't have some kind of an injury and is fully fit, then his form is worrying. He is way slower than last season's first half.

wr8_utd

If Lewy doesn't have some kind of an injury and is fully fit, then his form is worrying. He is way slower than last season's first half.
He's been playing this way since around February and he's a big problem for Barcelona.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
He's been playing this way since around February and he's a big problem for Barcelona.
Yeah, he lost his speed after the World Cup. He said around April/May, that he had some kind of pain since the WC, but they had a full summer of recovery. I hope he recovers his form.

RoyH1

Just seen some highlights of the game. I know that Montjuic can be a bit cumbersome to come to compared to the Camp Nou, but those huge swades of empty seats for a season home opener have to be concerning for a club with a bad economy.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Lewandowskis form falling off a cliff in the second half of last season is going to be a big problem for Barca. He's slow and labored and doesn't take his chances and no one else is really there to score.
He is being used wrong. He is playing too deep and trying to help in the build up which isn’t his game. Barca need to use more wingers and have Lewa play like an actual striker. Ever since dembele got injured last season shortly after the WC Lewa has been off.

father time gets everyone but in this case I think it’s more tactical.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Just seen some highlights of the game. I know that Montjuic can be a bit cumbersome to come to compared to the Camp Nou, but those huge swades of empty seats for a season home opener have to be concerning for a club with a bad economy.
the tickets prices are too high and the stadium has a running track around the football pitch so the view is terrible.

at least with camp nou renovations adding more seats will help next season but I’ll be curious how Barca fare gate receipts wise this year

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
the tickets prices are too high and the stadium has a running track around the football pitch so the view is terrible.

at least with camp nou renovations adding more seats will help next season but I’ll be curious how Barca fare gate receipts wise this year
Barca budgeted €100m less from tickets this season, that's more or less the amount the club saved by Pique's, Alba's and Busquets' departure and it's also the reason, why it didn't help with the ffp.
But asking for more than €30 for seats behind the goals is a rip off. You sit like 20-30 metres behind your goal, so you need binoculars to see what's happening on the other side of the pitch. Especially on lower rows. They either lower the prices for those seats or they'll stay empty the whole season. Clasico is maybe the only game where people will pay even €500 just to be there, no matter if they see anything or not.
The best solution would be of course to give those seats to the ultras for a low price to fill them every game. The club would lose a bit of money, but win strong support which would help the team on the pitch.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Barca budgeted €100m less from tickets this season, that's more or less the amount the club saved by Pique's, Alba's and Busquets' departure and it's also the reason, why it didn't help with the ffp.
But asking for more than €30 for seats behind the goals is a rip off. You sit like 20-30 metres behind your goal, so you need binoculars to see what's happening on the other side of the pitch. Especially on lower rows. They either lower the prices for those seats or they'll stay empty the whole season. Clasico is maybe the only game where people will pay even €500 just to be there, no matter if they see anything or not.
The best solution would be of course to give those seats to the ultras for a low price to fill them every game. The club would lose a bit of money, but win strong support which would help the team on the pitch.
Agreed!

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Very strong midfield against Celta.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Just seen the Celta Vigo goal at that was dissallowed , missed the first few minutes if the game. A horrible decision. Madrid lucky there

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't get this new policy of checking VAR less frequently in La Liga.

VAR is a great tool and it should be used more often than not when deciding a penalty.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Not a good game, as expected problems creating and converting chances. Don’t know what Carlo can really do about it, hasn’t got much to work with and with Vini injured…

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not a good game, as expected problems creating and converting chances. Don’t know what Carlo can really do about it, hasn’t got much to work with and with Vini injured…
I didn‘t watch. Is Vini‘s injury considered serious? Would be a shame

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
So now you can grab a keeper's shirt in his area and is not a foul. Last week Madrid got a goal revoked because Carvajal did a foul previously, I don't think why this is different.

Also if a striker gets to the ball first, dribbles it to a side, the keeper barely touches it, deflects it 2 millimeters from its trajectory, and fouls the striker when he still has a clear chance to score it's not a clear pen?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: