g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

La Liga 2023/24

wr8_utd

:'(
Madrid have looked fairly average again this season but they just have a crazy winning mentality.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So David Soria gets a good grip of the ball for just about every save, and then that one shot straight to him gets deflected out to Bellingham. I guess that's fate for you.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not a very enjoyable match, but a late winner is always nice.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Kroos changed the game. Sure his legs are gone but man what passing, vision, control, technique and decision making. Nothing like him. Cama has other attributes but we’ll really miss what Kroos does.

GlasgowCeltic

Kroos changed the game. Sure his legs are gone but man what passing, vision, control, technique and decision making. Nothing like him. Cama has other attributes but we’ll really miss what Kroos does.
agree, for me Camavinga Bellingham Valverde should be the long term three but Kroos is still their best CM now

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
think Camavinga should be the deepest midfielder long term, but yeah Tchouameni is the established DM so he'll be there
I prefer Tchou as the DM as he is better defensively and less prone for risky passes. I’d try to have Cama more up front.

And if that doesn’t work we can always put him at LB.

wr8_utd

Not a good Barcelona performance but they lead 2-1 late on with a Lewandowski penalty.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Switched the game on around the 65th min. Fun game.

RoyH1

Osasuna got robbed by the refs. Disgusting league. Spanish football is rotten to the core

wr8_utd

Osasuna got robbed by the refs. Disgusting league. Spanish football is rotten to the core
I only watched the last 20 mins but what was the robbery? Barca's penalty was fair and while Inigo most definitely fouled the Osasuna player, it was outside the box anyway.

wr8_utd

There were multiple replays of this penalty and from some angles it doesn't look like a handball at all and rather a chest.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, just stupid by the Osasuna defender and Lewa makes the most of it. We’ve seen those penalties given for years now. Nothing scandalous.

I really dislike this insistence by all fans that their opponents are favored and their own team is always at a disadvantage.

Just go back a page and you can read the Barca crowd talking the same shite as Madrid supporters are talking now. So annoying.

Yes refs make mistakes. Sometimes it goes against you and sometimes for you. It is what it is.

wr8_utd

Meh, just stupid by the Osasuna defender and Lewa makes the most of it. We’ve seen those penalties given for years now. Nothing scandalous.

I really dislike this insistence by all fans that their opponents are favored and their own team is always at a disadvantage.

Just go back a page and you can read the Barca crowd talking the same shite as Madrid supporters are talking now. So annoying.

Yes refs make mistakes. Sometimes it goes against you and sometimes for you. It is what it is.
Its a problem across all leagues and fans of all clubs. Yes, some times stuff goes against and sometimes for, but I think these things usually balance out. Barca/Madrid may have gotten lucky so far this season on some occasions but there'll also be something going against them. Its not some conspiracy, just refs being rubbish.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I agree, the victim mentality is a bit much. However, the reffing in la liga as a whole does seem to be getting worse and worse.

wr8_utd

I agree, the victim mentality is a bit much. However, the reffing in la liga as a whole does seem to be getting worse and worse.
If you see the kind of refereeing decisions in England, I don't think its any better there either to be honest.

GinobiliTheGOAT

If you see the kind of refereeing decisions in England, I don't think its any better there either to be honest.
I definitely watch more la liga than epl, but thanks to fantasy premiere league I do try to catch a fair bit of the prem when I can. I know I’m biased but man, in Spain it’s just wtf :lol:

I know England has its issues as well. You’d think with the aid of VAR these bizarro decisions would be curbed.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I only watched from the 60th minute or so on. Was an entertaining game and that penalty was soft but should be given in my opinion. The red on top was harsh but according to the rules.

More importantly: How did Gavi actually manage it so quickly that I want to punch him in every game I see him in. What an incredibly unlikeable guy on the pitch. :lol:

GinobiliTheGOAT

I only watched from the 60th minute or so on. Was an entertaining game and that penalty was soft but should be given in my opinion. The red on top was harsh but according to the rules.

More importantly: How did Gavi actually manage it so quickly that I want to punch him in every game I see him in. What an incredibly unlikeable guy on the pitch. :lol:
Casemiro was 10 times worse, so Barca are just returning the favor

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Gavi is an annoying prick every time I see him on the pitch.
Gavi is the kind of player you love having in your team, you hate watching him in other teams. Bayern have the same player with Kimmich for example.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I don't care about Casemiro. That is whataboutism. Gavi is an annoying prick every time I see him on the pitch.
Well, coming from a Bayern fan, you guys have always had annoying players, like Mueller for example and Kimmich

GinobiliTheGOAT

Again: whataboutism. Why are you so bad at this?
Just hypocritical, considering who Bayern has had on the pitch. But I get it, I have players on other teams who annoy the hell out of me, and yet I loved Suarez who is the biggest cnut in history.

That’s fair
Someone else mentions Kimmich being annoying, you have no problem :lol:

Last edited:

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Gavi is the kind of player you love having in your team, you hate watching him in other teams. Bayern have the same player with Kimmich for example.
I don't get why. The boy gives his best all the time, doesn't Fake fouls, doesn't try dirty tricks. I could easily understand why people didn't like Neymar or Suárez, but with Gavi I don't.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It's a penalty. A silly one, but still. Yesterday Rudiger should have gotten a red card but he didn't.
I don't see it that way. It was a dangerous play after a roulette and a yellow card was fair. I for one have not seen any red for such an action unless it fully impacted on the rival's foot (like that play from Marcelo a few weeks ago). But if you can find any precedents please tell us about it.

A different matter is if you trust influencers like the cule Mister Seitan who enjoys showing misleading pictures instead of videos.

Also the referee was not particularly strict that game with Getafe's hard tackles.