La Liga 2023/24

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Hello friends,
Here we are for another year. Year with few signings, all the teams are broke, except Madrid who seems to be the only one investing heavily with Bellingham and maybe Mbappe (un fois pour toutes).
Barcelona with Romeu, Gundogan and Vitor Roque who arrives in January..... Joâo Félix has said that his dream is to play for Barcelona, which seems to put him more on track to leave Atlético, but can Barcelona afford him?.
Sevilla without Monchi and Betis without Canales, who is leaving for México, but with Isco who hopes to be reborn.
Moreover, Celta are in their centenary year and they have made a big bet with Benítez as coach. They have made a new anthem for this year, recorded by a popular Spanish singer

Champion: Barcelona
Champions League: Barcelona, Madrid, Atlético, Real Sociedad and Sevilla
Europa League: Villarreal, Betis
Conference: Osasuna
Relegated to Segunda: Valladolid, Espanyol, Elche
Promoted to Primera: Almería, Las Palmas, Alavés
Pichichi: Lewandowski
Zamora: Stegen

Historical classification: https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/clasificacion-historica.html
Transfer market: https://as.com/futbol/primera/mercado-de-fichajes-de-laliga-202324-altas-y-bajas-n/
Calendar: https://resultados.as.com/resultados/futbol/primera/calendario/

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Training matches don't concern me at all, we could have won it 3-0 and i still wouldnt rate our chances any higher at winning the league, we simply cant expect to be in it for the league with Joselu as our main striker, our LB and RB situation isnt good either, but its critical we bring in a top forward, preferably Kane.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Valencia are just Everton basically these days?

Just had a look at their business and seems most of their decent loans have gone back, released Cavani and in talks to sell Musah to AC Milan.

Signed no one of note so far bar getting Cenk on a permanent.

Baraja kept them up with some crucial home wins but again little different to Lampard coming in and saving Everton and then getting found out the next season, his record at previous clubs like Rayo and Zaragoza in Segunda is very mediocre.

Have to see how the promoted teams adapt but they'll probably be bottom six again with more protests v Lim.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
All the gossip that we need but goal technology maybe another year :D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
All the gossip that we need but goal technology maybe another year :D
Is there a reason for it? It is such a simple and 100% technology. No reason to not have it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
To be fair, in league matches that is really not that important as much as it is in knock out like Champions league and such.

I would rather pick their 3D cameras, and camera quality over PL's goal line technology. La Liga matches have far better broadcast and production than PL.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
First technical talks with microphone

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Good 1st half but anyone who knows RM…it usually doesn’t hold. But hey rather a good begin than a bad one.

Korwas

Madrid is really set up to have a horrible season with these injuries and lack of forward. I still love their midfield though.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I really liked that Madrid side yesterday. Looked full of energy, very physical and ready to have a go at everyone. But they desperately need a world class striker and a coach who can implement more aggressive approach (Ancelotti isn't). Then we can talk about the NEW Madrid.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I really liked that Madrid side yesterday. Looked full of energy, very physical and ready to have a go at everyone. But they desperately need a world class striker and a coach who can implement more aggressive approach (Ancelotti isn't). Then we can talk about the NEW Madrid.
Yeah I thought ancelotti was leaving end of last season to take up the Brazil NT gig, which seemed a good time to leave, but he’s hanging around another season. Anyway, they’ll get Mbappe for the new boss next year.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Agreed. And the game yesterday was fairly similar to our opening game of last season (1-4 against Celta iirc). We looked dangerous, hungry, powerful. But it simply didn’t last and my fear is the same thing will happen this year. You could see it in the second half, Ancelotti for whatever reason likes to sit back even in this new formation.

All midfielders did great. Vini was very poor. Rodrygo mostly invisible but still managed to score and had some nice link-up plays. Fran Garcia was poor in the first but better in the second half. Carvajal is old but still gives it his all. Lunin didn’t have much to do, jury still out. Fairly composed on the ball at least.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Militao's cruciate injury has been confirmed :(.
Now there is speculation as to whether they will go to the market, which is very expensive given what City paid for Gvardiol, whether they will use someone from Castilla or whether they will convert a player for the position.
What a boneheaded idea........

So any opposing coach can have someone watch the broadcast and feed real time data on opposition adjustments?

Amateur hour.
I also thought that when I saw it, although I don't know if it appeared in the live broadcast or only on social media afterwards.
It's also unclear whether it will appear in all matches or just some of them.
If it is a regular occurrence, clubs may comply with the measure by sending the assistant coach to give a speech that does not compromise them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm sorry if I can't ask here but... could a charitable soul share an app/website to watch football on the phone? I used to use a very reliable one that has died and I could barely watch the Madrid vs Athletic game.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Another transfer window where we somehow end up with a worse squad than before, I love it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Had to do a double take when I saw Barca's midfield.

Pedri, Gundogan, De Jong, Oriol Romeu.

JuriM

Remind me, didn't VAR also mean to punish blatant dives with yellow?

That Getafe fella was woeful.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Damian Suarez trying to take out half the Barca team one by one with shoulder barges. :lol:

avgp_1

Interesting to get to hear these pitch side instructions

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Damian Suarez trying to take out half the Barca team one by one with shoulder barges. :lol:
The Bordalas special. I don’t think he trains football at all, straight up MMA.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getafe suckered Barca into that red, Raphinha elbow into Suarez.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
What a stupid thing to do.

zaafi

Why did Araujo take that risk? :lol:

Can't just catch the ball with your hands because you assume you're offside.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Lewandowski is so slow these days.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I don't understand why Lewandowski who could have had 2-3 seasons to try for UCL success choose Barcelona, a team in transition. Stylistically, they also don't suit him very well.

Feel like he's there to bail out Barcelona until the next generation of youths grow up.

Edit; Even if Bayern didn't want him anymore, he definitely had many other choices.