La Liga 2023/24: ¡Madrid campeón!

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand why Lewandowski who could have had 2-3 seasons to try for UCL success choose Barcelona, a team in transition. Stylistically, they also don't suit him very well.

Feel like he's there to bail out Barcelona until the next generation of youths grow up.

Edit; Even if Bayern didn't want him anymore, he definitely had many other choices.
He only had one season at most at the highest level, judging by the last few months, he looks physically done.

So he didnt waste much, and won la liga.

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
He only had one season at most at the highest level, judging by the last few months, he looks physically done.

So he didnt waste much, and won la liga.
He doesn't look physically done at all. It's Barcelona style of play, very few chances for him per game, sometimes none at all. Most of the time he is out of the box, his strength is in the box.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should be a penalty there.

Looks like VAR clocked off for the night with endless injury time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Should be a penalty there.

Looks like VAR clocked off for the night with endless injury time.
It should be but Araujo play acting is so ridiculous that i hope he doesn't get one

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
What a stupid penalty to give away. But fitting. Everything in this game was dumb.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gives a handball against Gavi!!!! :lol:

Getafe make the Stoke of Pulis look cultured.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
How can you give that as a handball ?! :lol: :lol: Held by the shirt and he strike it onto him from 2cm

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
After this game I understand everyone who doesn't like watching spanish football.

zertz

So can we expect a low scoring Barca team like last year?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
There is no real change in this Barcelona team. Xavi is playing very dangerous game here because another early exit in Europe could possibly lead to his sacking..

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
If Xavi doesn't find solutions, then yes. Our football is still too slow and predictable. The last pass has to find Lewy much more often. We have a great striker, but can't benefit from him simply because he doesn't get the ball. That said, it's also difficult to find solutions against an opponent with a 6-4-0 formation who likes to play dirty. Especially with Raphinha getting a red card early.

Bole Top

probably the worst league to watch, just very little to see both on the pitch and in general. old, slow, skint.

RoyH1

Yeah. Barca have some crazy talented players, but the pace of the game is so slow.
I can forgive the slow. It's august and evenings in Spain are still hot and stuffy unless you're up in the north coast.

But the atmosphere in La Liga games has become so (and I hate using this word because it's been used too much lately)...toxic. The constant complaining, arguing, bitching, play acting in the fields. And from the stands I get this feeling that people are just there to vent, to insult the opponent, the referee, the league/anthem or whatever, instead of supporting their team as loudly and intensely as possible.

Watching the Chelsea-Liverpool game and then the first half of the Barsa-Getafe game felt like watching two different sports

Dr. StrangeHate

If Xavi doesn't find solutions, then yes. Our football is still too slow and predictable. The last pass has to find Lewy much more often. We have a great striker, but can't benefit from him simply because he doesn't get the ball. That said, it's also difficult to find solutions against an opponent with a 6-4-0 formation who likes to play dirty. Especially with Raphinha getting a red card early.
Against Barcelona, won't that be most La Liga teams.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
First picture last week: Gavi hand, because of it no clear penalty for barca last minute of the game.
Second picture a couple minutes ago: no hand from Bellingham, regular goal.
Nothing to see here, just typical unbiased LaLiga refs :wenger:

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barca supporters complaining about refs will never be not funny.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
First picture last week: Gavi hand, because of it no clear penalty for barca last minute of the game.
Second picture a couple minutes ago: no hand from Bellingham, regular goal.

I was checking Marca and they literally said nothing about this obvious handball. I get the feeling this is gonna be a long season with the refs.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Osassuna 0-2 Athletic club

Absolutely brilliant game of football. Unai Simon clear man of the match for me after making 7 or 8 massive saves. Athletic club were down to ten men for a good portion of the second half and Osassuna were desperately searching for a goal. Tempers boiled over and last minute an Osassuna player just two footed someone. Which resulted in his manager also being sent off for complaining. His tackle was absolutely wild.
Pure entertainment though. Great match

RoyH1

Chimy Avila might just be the dirtiest, most disgusting player in all of the top European leagues. Absolute butcher. That tackle is not even one of his worst ones. Check out the one he did on Iñaki Williams last season

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I was checking Marca and they literally said nothing about this obvious handball. I get the feeling this is gonna be a long season with the refs.
There is no video showing anything obvious. Very dubious and the picture @Ragnar123 posted is misleading. Even Iturralde who has little simpathy for Madrid has to admit there is no evidence of such handball.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JJathkoyM0M?feature=share

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Sociedad just made the signing of the season :wenger: Will be watching their games closely. We’re they in need of a playmaking 10?