La Liga matches in USA

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Crazy. Unless it’s the same reverse fixture over there (say Barca versus Getafe twice), how else do they decide who has the home fixture and away fixture? Surely compromises the integrity of the league at the bare minimal. Then there’s jet lag, time differences for the fans back home etc etc. but money! I guess.

(Apologies, the link wouldn’t open my side in case all those things are covered in the write up).

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
What did the American fans of the teams that got picked to play in London make of it? Were they not bothered about being unable to go to the stadium to see them play, especially local season ticket holders?

Edit: Think they only have 8 home games a season too, so as a percentage one being moved halfway across the world is a big chunk of it. I'd be well pissed off!
It's a wonky 17 game schedule now, so some teams have 9 home games, and some 9 away games. They typically give the international games to teams with 9 home games on the schedule that season now, so it sort of works out.

Fans generally seem pissed about it either way though. The travel aspect, and also the time difference (west coast viewers will be watching the London games kick off at about 7am or something).

90 + 5min

I fear it won't be long until it starts happening with domestic games in England.

New way on destroying football. Great work. I know that some cups have already been played abroad but still. Can we soon see teams in other countries playing in their league.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
What a joke, hope this doesn't go through somehow.