La Liga/Serie A/BuLi Draft - 1st Rd Sjor Bepo/anant vs Crappycraperson

Who will win with player peaks in the specified leagues (not career peaks)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That is a route to goal. Futre's a bit under-rated and is one of the standout wide players in the draft.
Futre should be discussed more.

A very interesting player for several reasons. I'd have him up there with Littbarski as the most dangerous one-on-one man in this draft. And he was seriously fast. A trickster of the first water, in fact - but if we stick to the Littbarski comparison, Futre falls short when it comes to brains and team play.

Has to be mentioned, also, that his Ballon ranking (2nd that year) had pretty much everything to do with his performances in the EC (including the final, where he really shone), so it's only relevant as a general pointer. He was an absolute mega star when he made the move to Madrid - no mistake should be made about that. But like so many others he ultimately failed to really build on that. Was injured quite a bit, and perhaps it's fair to say that his trickster-ism was of a kind that keeps a player from attaining real greatness. That's no dig at him in the context of this draft, though - he is unquestionably one of the standout wide players available, as you say, and on his day he was simply unplayable: He had the tools to tear up a team almost by himself in a style not often seen.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Has to be mentioned, also, that his Ballon ranking (2nd that year) had pretty much everything to do with his performances in the EC (including the final, where he really shone), so it's only relevant as a general pointer. He was an absolute mega star when he made the move to Madrid - no mistake should be made about that. But like so many others he ultimately failed to really build on that. Was injured quite a bit, and perhaps it's fair to say that his trickster-ism was of a kind that keeps a player from attaining real greatness. That's no dig at him in the context of this draft, though - he is unquestionably one of the standout wide players available, as you say, and on his day he was simply unplayable: He had the tools to tear up a team almost by himself in a style not often seen.
cant say that i ever watched Futre at Madrid but he joined them at peak of his powers, Atletico improved result wise(both league and cup) with him in the team and his youtube atletico reel looks impressive(there is one 20+ minutes video, not all is from Atletico but it shows much more then in one i posted).

VivaJanuzaj

i thought he was overrrated from the start(in Bayern, very good player but not the great one) as he was seen as the second coming of Scholes and was everyones muppet signing. At Madrid when ever i watch him he is poor, yes him and Modrid are a bad pair but in the end of the day he is playing poor and we are judging him by those performances. You can tell that he would turn into a world beater in crappy system but whats then stops me to argue how Gazza played with idiots at Lazio(bar Signori) and in this system with quality teammates he would be peak Gazza who would then be the best player on the pitch.
Kroos is playing poor, his confidence is probably on a low and because of that he is poor in the segments of the game he usually isnt.
I don't think he was overrated in Bayern at all, but I get your point.
The way I see it though, I watched him more than often in Madrid giving good performances, but I think you are right to criticise that this is not his peak. But, I think the reason he is not doing well in Real Madrid is more about the way they use him and not his own form. In a midfield 2 with Modric(or 3 with James/Isco), you don't have a single defensive minded midfielder, and it's very gung ho in the way these players will try to push forward often.
But here's the real pickle here, you've got @crappycraperson also playing him in a position not only far from what he's playing in Real Madrid but also one he never really thrived in. Not in Bayern, not in Germany and certainly not in Real Madrid. So yeah, you've got Totti coming to do the AMish roles as the false 9, but you still want someone more mobile pushing forward and linking up with him. If you compare it to Barca's false 9 system you had an Iniesta type midfielder up there who was either making these one twos with the false 9 to open space or drift wide left and allowed the LW to drift inside and do that. In Crappy's setup, you've got the front three just begging to score goals, but not proper linkup to them the way I see it. And it's not because of lack of players for that role obviously. For example Dortmund's Gotze could have been massive to that role, far better than Kroos even though he doesn't offer half of Kroos' passing range or defensive vision, but it's because you need the extra mobility from midfield, or you've got basically a 3 vs 4 situation against what is a very accomplished defence.

Šjor Bepo

I don't think he was overrated in Bayern at all, but I get your point.
The way I see it though, I watched him more than often in Madrid giving good performances, but I think you are right to criticise that this is not his peak. But, I think the reason he is not doing well in Real Madrid is more about the way they use him and not his own form. In a midfield 2 with Modric(or 3 with James/Isco), you don't have a single defensive minded midfielder, and it's very gung ho in the way these players will try to push forward often.
But here's the real pickle here, you've got @crappycraperson also playing him in a position not only far from what he's playing in Real Madrid but also one he never really thrived in. Not in Bayern, not in Germany and certainly not in Real Madrid. So yeah, you've got Totti coming to do the AMish roles as the false 9, but you still want someone more mobile pushing forward and linking up with him. If you compare it to Barca's false 9 system you had an Iniesta type midfielder up there who was either making these one twos with the false 9 to open space or drift wide left and allowed the LW to drift inside and do that. In Crappy's setup, you've got the front three just begging to score goals, but not proper linkup to them the way I see it. And it's not because of lack of players for that role obviously. For example Dortmund's Gotze could have been massive to that role, far better than Kroos even though he doesn't offer half of Kroos' passing range or defensive vision, but it's because you need the extra mobility from midfield, or you've got basically a 3 vs 4 situation against what is a very accomplished defence.
would you say he was world-class at Bayern? I dont and i think majority think he was so thats why i think he was overrated and not because i think he was always poor/average. In my opinion they had around 4 great central midfielders and they sold him because he was the worst of them.

As for the second part, didnt really think about that to be fair and its a fair assesment, when Totti played as a false nine in Spalletti system he had Aquilani who excelled in that role. That plus wrong choice of wingers/inside forwards i really cant see crappy team scoring more then me.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
cant say that i ever watched Futre at Madrid but he joined them at peak of his powers, Atletico improved result wise(both league and cup) with him in the team and his youtube atletico reel looks impressive(there is one 20+ minutes video, not all is from Atletico but it shows much more then in one i posted).
Well, at least you're honest!

As for the point itself, sure - all I'm saying is that he never made the final step, up to an unquestionable, historically great level. You could say that about any number of players - and, again, it's no dig against him. I loved him as a player back in the day - brilliant to watch. But for me he was more of a great trickster than a truly great player.

Šjor Bepo

Well, at least you're honest!

As for the point itself, sure - all I'm saying is that he never made the final step, up to an unquestionable, historically great level. You could say that about any number of players - and, again, it's no dig against him. I loved him as a player back in the day - brilliant to watch. But for me he was more of a great trickster than a truly great player.
the funniest thing is, it was a decision between him and Overmars(the player that i watched) but i couldnt remember how good was he in his Barca spell :lol: anyways, he was a late pick, around 8th round of the picks so i didnt expect a great player but a very good one who can do a job. We needed pace and trickery on the wing and he fits the bill. He will have a lots of space on the break and its up against Jorginho who isnt exactly Maldini so he should have a very good game.

VivaJanuzaj

would you say he was world-class at Bayern? I dont and i think majority think he was so thats why i think he was overrated and not because i think he was always poor/average. In my opinion they had around 4 great central midfielders and they sold him because he was the worst of them.

As for the second part, didnt really think about that to be fair and its a fair assesment, when Totti played as a false nine in Spalletti system he had Aquilani who excelled in that role. That plus wrong choice of wingers/inside forwards i really cant see crappy team scoring more then me.
Yes, I think he was world class for Bayern & Germany but it doesn't matter really matter because as I said he didn't play this role in neither of them and definitely not in Real Madrid.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I don't think you should lose all that much by fielding Bale on the left, actually. So, that isn't the most significant factor for me.

I find that midfield trio underwhelming, though. And I agree that it doesn't suit Totti all that well.

I'm not exceedingly impressed by Bebo's midfield either, be it said, but it'll do for a first round match.

And Futre will likely murder his man. Not least because he was just the sort of player who would actually “target” his man in the sense which is often falsely implied in these drafts, when people dream up “battles” that rarely take place in a real match. But Futre was that sort of player – and he was insanely tricky to deal with.

Not much in it at all – but I'll give Bebo/anant half a benefit more (of the doubt) than their opponents.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So much discussion while I was away. Will address, most of the points here itself.

@Balu - I still voted for your lot :). My point was not about positions but if the player at his time during that club, displayed any attributes to play the role assigned to him in a draft game. From my memory, Forlan played as a proper number 9 with Aguero playing the mobile forward role. That's what I mentioned in the thread itself.

So now coming to Bale specifically, what has he shown at Madrid that makes people think he can't do a job on left? When asked to, he has played on the left for Madrid. He will still get to attack the central place from left as he can do from right. Instead of cutting in and crossing, he can still cross from the left. He is a perfect wing forward in a false 9 system. His scoring record at Madrid is testament to this.

It is also a bit rich of Sjor to bang on about my players' form in their respective leagues. He is playing Javi Martinez who is pretty much a one season good player at Bayern as it stands and Gazza who without any doubt did not play at his peak in Serie A. It is all very well posting a million gifs of tricks and skills but his time at Lazio is remembered known for other reasons that football. That says it all.

@Marty1968 I will send you the updated formation soon

crappycraperson

Scout
I don't think you should lose all that much by fielding Bale on the left, actually. So, that isn't the most significant factor for me.

I find that midfield trio underwhelming, though. And I agree that it doesn't suit Totti all that well.

I'm not exceedingly impressed by Bebo's midfield either, be it said, but it'll do for a first round match.

And Futre will likely murder his man. Not least because he was just the sort of player who would actually “target” his man in the sense which is often falsely implied in these drafts, when people dream up “battles” that rarely take place in a real match. But Futre was that sort of player – and he was insanely tricky to deal with.

Not much in it at all – but I'll give Bebo/anant half a benefit more (of the doubt) than their opponents.
Savicevic is the best wide player on the park and likely to get better of his battle with Alaba who is more impressive going forward than defending. As far as Futre goes, if Jorginho is caught upfield, the presence of Popesecu allows Kuffour to go out wide and deal with him. IIRC he played the RCB/RB role for Bayern.

If it is specifically about creative players then Totti followed by Dejan are the best creative players on the park.

Šjor Bepo

So much discussion while I was away. Will address, most of the points here itself.

So now coming to Bale specifically, what has he shown at Madrid that makes people think he can't do a job on left? When asked to, he has played on the left for Madrid. He will still get to attack the central place from left as he can do from right. Instead of cutting in and crossing, he can still cross from the left. He is a perfect wing forward in a false 9 system. His scoring record at Madrid is testament to this.

It is also a bit rich of Sjor to bang on about my players' form in their respective leagues. He is playing Javi Martinez who is pretty much a one season good player at Bayern as it stands and Gazza who without any doubt did not play at his peak in Serie A. It is all very well posting a million gifs of tricks and skills but his time at Lazio is remembered known for other reasons that football. That says it all.

@Marty1968 I will send you the updated formation soon
you are winning it even without debating, walk in the park :D

I dont have anything against Bale on the left side tbf, just dont think he is fit for the role he would need to perform.

As for other things, one season is enough for this type of draft. Plenty of players were picked on the basis of one season(Ruggeri, Vieri etc.). As for Gazza, yes i posted a million of gifs for him as i had to battle from perception he was a flop in italy on which i hardly disagree. Not once i did mention Gazza as my strength(even though i easily could) nor did i ever said i will have peak Gazza here.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If it is specifically about creative players then Totti followed by Dejan are the best creative players on the park.
Nah, it's specifically about finding the entire Popescu-Jeremies-Kroos trio underwhelming.

That's the decider. Rest of it is tight enough - and you obviously have the better trio up front. But I don't see that trio behind Totti working all that well.

Fair enough answer to the Futre point, but it's clear that Jorginho (who isn't a great defender, and who isn't supposed to be paying very close attention to Futre as per his instructions) is no match for him whatsoever, which means that his trickery (which is - and I stand by the claim - absolutely first rate) will force you into deploying other players in cover functions. That's enough of a disturbance to create an edge for Bebo - and presto, there it is.

Again, there's hardly anything in it - but one has to call a winner.

crappycraperson

Scout
you are winning it even without debating, walk in the park :D

I dont have anything against Bale on the left side tbf, just dont think he is fit for the role he would need to perform.

As for other things, one season is enough for this type of draft. Plenty of players were picked on the basis of one season(Ruggeri, Vieri etc.). As for Gazza, yes i posted a million of gifs for him as i had to battle from perception he was a flop in italy on which i hardly disagree. Not once i did mention Gazza as my strength(even though i easily could) nor did i ever said i will have peak Gazza here.
That's fair enough. Disagree on one season thing though, Balu will tell you that I considered Sousa for a while but decided against it when it became clear that he was also a one season man at BD. Martinez has more of a pedigree than him in BL but he has been good at Bayern for a limited amount of time. Always iffy to judge peak for those players.

Šjor Bepo

That's fair enough. Disagree on one season thing though, Balu will tell you that I considered Sousa for a while but decided against it when it became clear that he was also a one season man at BD. Martinez has more of a pedigree than him in BL but he has been good at Bayern for a limited amount of time. Always iffy to judge peak for those players.
thats why i suggested we all have pre-draft determined peak so we know how to judge the players.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
thats why i suggested we all have pre-draft determined peak so we know how to judge the players.
There's plenty to be said for that, but it's easier said than done. It's bound to come down to grey areas in many cases regardless of where you draw the line.

In the PL draft one season was largely considered sufficient. I didn't find that 100% logical myself. Depends on what one wishes to highlight: If the idea is to showcase players who left their mark on the league, as such, it would seem that a mere season simply shouldn't cut it. And especially not when that one season stands out as being significantly better than several other seasons (in which the player was either nothing special, or even downright poor).

Šjor Bepo

There's plenty to be said for that, but it's easier said than done. It's bound to come down to grey areas in many cases regardless of where you draw the line.

In the PL draft one season was largely considered sufficient. I didn't find that 100% logical myself. Depends on what one wishes to highlight: If the idea is to showcase players who left their mark on the league, as such, it would seem that a mere season simply shouldn't cut it. And especially not when that one season stands out as being significantly better than several other seasons (in which the player was either nothing special, or even downright poor).
there will always be grey areas but its better to have some guide lines then nothing. Look at this for example, i also dont think one season should be enough(nor for this nor for the EPL draft) but after few picks you see that is commonly accepted that peak is one season and you just go with it and accept it as the unwritten rule because whats the alternative? You can pick a lesser player that doesnt really fit the team but has more mileage in his boots and then you are fecked on a judgment day.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He is playing Javi Martinez who is pretty much a one season good player at Bayern
That's a big understatement. The biggest difference between Heynckes' and Pep's Bayern was the sheer physicality of the former's team. Martinez and Schweinsteiger provided excellent foundation for their attacking players and dominated everyone that they played against (including Barca's midfield in the famous 7:0 demolition, where Martinez' direct opponent was Iniesta). Pep's Bayern (and I actually like Pep's team more than Heynckes one) failed to retain CL - and one of the main reasons were injuries that Martinez and Schweinsteiger suffered from. Only in 2015 they found a replacement for them - and you can see how Vidal became one of the most important players for Bayern in CL play-offs

Martinez reminds me of Hargreaves - a great player that massively contributed to his club's success in the first season and struggled with injuries since. But Martinez was (and is?) a better player of the two and a more influential in the team's achievements.

crappycraperson

Scout
That's a big understatement. The biggest difference between Heynckes' and Pep's Bayern was the sheer physicality of the former's team. Martinez and Schweinsteiger provided excellent foundation for their attacking players and dominated everyone that they played against (including Barca's midfield in the famous 7:0 demolition, where Martinez' direct opponent was Iniesta). Pep's Bayern (and I actually like Pep's team more than Heynckes one) failed to retain CL - and one of the main reasons were injuries that Martinez and Schweinsteiger suffered from. Only in 2015 they found a replacement for them - and you can see how Vidal became one of the most important players for Bayern in CL play-offs

Martinez reminds me of Hargreaves - a great player that massively contributed to his club's success in the first season and struggled with injuries since. But Martinez was (and is?) a better player of the two and a more influential in the team's achievements.
That's what I said no? I called him a good player for that season but that was only one season.

Šjor Bepo

i already mentioned how good was Kluivert in the air, but he also holds a world record! :drool:

i knew that one day my watching of league of their own will pay off....

Moby

Dick
He is a perfect wing forward in a false 9 system.
This is where it goes wrong in my opinion.

Let's forget the number of times he's actually played on the left for Madrid (someone said it was 5 appearance which seemed a bit less but anyway) for the moment, I'm all for evaluating a player based on his skilllset and the role given to him. In this case though, I don't think Bale is suitable for a wing-forward role in a false 9 formation, less so on the left where you take out his shooting by a significant degree and in turn your goal threat takes a massive hit - which I believe is below par here.

Bale on the left will not cut inside as much as you need from a wing forward. His presence in the box would be negligible and so would be his shooting, and there's no number 9 in the team for his crossing to aim at. Even if you played him on the right, I would have a lot of doubts in a false 9 system for him, as again his natural style of play wouldn't allow him to stay around the box making those runs into the channel and rather spend a lot of time either out wide or centrally. Basically, he's not a forward, on the left he's pretty much what you would get in a traditional winger. He picks the ball up deep (that famous goal against Barca, watch where he got the ball) and like to kick and run with it before delivering a cross. Even in that goal the defender was hopelessly beaten with acres of space behind him, whereas against a stronger defense that has kept shape at the back, Bale would be driven down the line instead of being allowed to cut in, and when playing on the left, Bale's first instinct is to run down the touchline.

Overall, I don't really buy his role as a left wing forward in a false 9 formation. Less so against a right side defense of Godin and Juanfran, which is a real nightmare. Bale would be a lot better as a right wing forward, but even then I'd argue he needs a number 9 in the team to perform to his best. I'd also argue he needs to play on the right or central-right to be at his best, while he was good on the left it never made him the sort of match winner that made Madrid splash world record fees on him. I watched OL vs Spurs live a few years ago and Bale started on the left in that game, spent one half running down the flank and creating nothing, moved to the middle in the second half and had an absolute stormer. He needs to be able to use his left foot for shooting to create that massive threat. Also, he dribbles a lot more centrally and on the right than he does on the left, where he prefers to go on the outside. It doesn't add up to the role you have given to him.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'll have a look at this one mate, as was busy with our game and real life stuff :)

From first sight looks like an even battle, as the score suggests. I like crappy's attack and Sjor's defence.

Midfield is going to be the deciding factor in this game IMO.

crappycraperson

Scout
given to him. In this case though, I don't think Bale is suitable for a wing-forward role in a false 9 formation, less so on the left where you take out his shooting by a significant degree and in turn your goal threat takes a massive hit - which I believe is below par here.

Bale on the left will not cut inside as much as you need from a wing forward. His presence in the box would be negligible and so would be his shooting, and there's no number 9 in the team for his crossing to aim at. Even if you played him on the right, I would have a lot of doubts in a false 9 system for him, as again his natural style of play wouldn't allow him to stay around the box making those runs into the channel and rather spend a lot of time either out wide or centrally. Basically, he's not a forward, on the left he's pretty much what you would get in a traditional winger. He picks the ball up deep (that famous goal against Barca, watch where he got the ball) and like to kick and run with it before delivering
Don't agree. Someone like Mancini played similar role with Totti. Bale's goal record at Real is testament of his ability to get at the end of crosses/through balls in the box.

crappycraperson

Scout
Looks like Sjor will break his first round jinx.

I am surprised by the scoreline. Just don't see his attacking players creating or scoring. Kluivert needs another forward presence in there, not a prime Gazza, Camorensi is not the most creative of players. So it seems mostly people think Futre will do a job here.

On flip side Totti, Bale and Savicevic are more likely to create something.

Last edited:

VivaJanuzaj

I am surprised by the scoreline. Just don't see his attacking players creating or scoring. Kluivert needs another forward presence in there, not a prime Gazza, Camorensi is not the most creative of players. So it seems mostly people think Futre will do a job here.

On flip side why trio of Totti, Bale and Savicevic are more likely to create something.
I have to admit, on paper you're absolutely right and looking at the teams I was 90% sure I am going to vote for you, but the way these teams set out I see it more likely of Sjor stealing the 1:0 than you do really against his defence, even though your players are "better", they are in a setup that won't work for most of them

crappycraperson

Scout
I have to admit, on paper you're absolutely right and looking at the teams I was 90% sure I am going to vote for you, but the way these teams set out I see it more likely of Sjor stealing the 1:0 than you do really against his defence, even though your players are "better", they are in a setup that won't work for most of them
Don't agree. It is interesting that people have given Sjor leeway for not having the perfect team for R1 but not the other way around.

If I am being honest (not that people are in draft games), the MF 3 for a false 9 system is missing one player who could also bomb forward into the box, especially when Totti drops deep. Otherwise I don't get the criticism of the system. You don't always want actual strikers playing on the wing in false 9 systems. Jorginho as full back is perfect fro Dejan cutting in. He is well covered by presence of a DM who could fall into defensive line and a CB who is comfortable defending out wide. Jen Jeremies provides the steel in the midfield and both Kroos and Popsecu are both very good ball players.

I can see people rating opposition's defense but his front 6 is pretty uninspiring to score to win.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
To be honest, I think both teams are a bit underwhelming. I kinda like the idea behind the teams without really loving the execution. I really love Totti though and considering this is a draft that focuses on league form, I think he deserves even more credit than in any other draft, because his exploits in Serie A are sensational. That won my vote, well and thinking about Kuffour celebrating a goal for his team.

VivaJanuzaj

Don't agree. It is interesting that people have given Sjor leeway for not having the perfect team for R1 but not the other way around.

If I am being honest (not that people are in draft games), the MF 3 for a false 9 system is missing one player who could also bomb forward into the box, especially when Totti drops deep. Otherwise I don't get the criticism of the system. You don't always want actual strikers playing on the wing in false 9 systems. Jorginho as full back is perfect fro Dejan cutting in. He is well covered by presence of a DM who could fall into defensive line and a CB who is comfortable defending out wide. Jen Jeremies provides the steel in the midfield and both Kroos and Popsecu are both very good ball players.

I can see people rating opposition's defense but his front 6 is pretty uninspiring to score to win.
I think you're right, but I think that against his defenders without that bombarding midfielder you lose a lot of your threat against him, and that's a shame given the quality of your attackers. And with his backline I'd say you should've done better in midfield to compliment that. You've done brilliantly well to get all 3 attackers(lets put aside for a minute the Bale on LW which I don't like), but knowing that will be your system you had to find a more offensive CM than Kroos to join the attack, and it's not like the pool is short with those.

I don't think either team is close to being perfect and you're right, I am choosing to give Sjor the benefit of the doubt in this case because of his defence. I feel very comfortable predicting that this will end 0:0, with more than a decent chance for Sjor to manage to steal that goal, even though his attackers are underwhelming compared to yours, but because of their role in the system.

Anyway, I think you've done excellent work in the drafting process and I had you as one of the favourites early on, but I think your choice of help to that trio wasn't your best and that made the difference here.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

On flip side Totti, Bale and Savicevic are more likely to create something.
To be honest, Kluivert as lone striker as well and been pretty good
The difference is lack of an out and out striker in your side vs a great defence! Like others have stated, Bale on LW hasn't shown anything in LaLiga. It is likely to be a proper Serie A game with lack of goals, but this defence is unlikely to let a goal through vs your attack.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I'm not a fan of either team really. I think Camorenesi was picked ridiculously early and given Gazza's questionable Serie A credentials the result is a pretty limp attack - particularly on that right channel. I'm also not sold on that midfield duo at this level.

For crappy I dont have any major issue with his front three and I could still see Bale working well enough from the left. I do agree that it limits his goal threat and capacity to cut inside however, so it's not an optimal choice particularly given than Savicevic was never a real goal scorer.

It's the rest of crappy's team I'm less keen on and I'm not sold on the balance of that midfield. There's no real offensive contribution or attacking impetus from any of the three and I can't see any breaking past Totti when he drops deep.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I voted for @crappycraperson because he has stronger defensive foundations with 7 players having a high work-rate.
Bale-Totti-Savicevic could make sense and this trio won't have a lot of defensive tasks.
Kroos is able to support Totti if necessary but the midfield lacks creativity and high technical skills.

On the other hand, Gazza is a very controversial choice for many reasons
Kluivert would mainly rely on Gazza ad Futre (old-school player).

@Šjor Bepo @anant Good defensive players but you should review your offensive strategy and recruit a #10 and a winger.

Šjor Bepo

Good luck sjor/anat. Get Totti to replace Gazza and you are all set.
thanks, good game. Have a feeling that your back problem stopped you from participating more in the debate to thats a shame...

Šjor Bepo

I'm not a fan of either team really. I think Camorenesi was picked ridiculously early and given
in hindsight - yes. He was picked to early but at the time there were only 2 players of that type(him and Luis Enrique) so we didnt want to risk it as we thought he was pretty important to the way we wanted the team to play. Thought he would get a bit more credit to be honest....

Enigma_87

You know who
Sorry guys been overly busy today to get online an participate in the discussion. Dunno who would've gone for to be honest and seeing the results wouldn't been that decisive anyway. I really liked crappy's front three, but I think his defence was a bit underwhelming while it's completely backwards for Sjor. It's pretty much tied all around. I think Sjor has to replace both Camoranesi and Gazza going into the next round, which should be his priorities. G/L with the next round.