Lady Cathy Ferguson - Sir Alex Ferguson's wife has passed away

sirAlexsglasses

Oh no, this will hit the boss hard, he idolised her and retired so that he could finally spend more time with her. I’m just glad he got to do that, RIP.

BigRon1985

Deepest condolences to SAF and the family......

Football isn't important at times like this......

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh my goodness. I just got in and saw this :(:(

Rest well Cathy. An absolute legend.

Hugs for Sir Alex

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
RIP to Lady Cathy and deepest condolences to all the Ferguson family. Sir Alex has said on multiple occasions that she was his absolute rock throughout his career and we should be very grateful for that. May she rest in peace and may the family be given strength to help them through this awful time.
Absolutely. She is as much a part of our success under Sir Alex as the great man himself.

JagUTD

Devastated for him. My Grandad passed away last June and my Grandma, the toughest woman I know has basically given up on life since. The way Sir Alex talked about Cathy makes me think she was the driving force behind him and without her we should all be worried.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.
Was one of my first thoughts as well.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
RIP.

Probably the most underrated piece in United's two and a bit decades of success. The way Sir Alex always talked her, it was she who made it possible for him to do the job he did. From the day he walked through the doors for the first time, to when he finally walked away to spend more time with her after she lost her sister.

Big Andy

Bloke
You generally find that if the wife dies first and they’ve been together most of their lives, the men generally follow soon after. Happened to both sets of grandparents and a lot of my parents friends now are dropping quickly after their spouses.

Hopefully Fergie has a bit of life left in him yet.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Makes me worry about him now tbh. I've seen lots of times when someone loses their life partner they lose a little bit of themselves and pass within the next few years. Happened with both sets of my grandparents.
Was saying exact same thing to my wife earlier. Her mum passed and her dad followed very shorty after. It’s not too uncommon I don’t think, especially when the wife goes first.

youngrell

Very sad, RIP.
Was only thinking this week that I hadn’t noticed the TV cameras showing Sir Alex much lately, this probably explains why.

Nogho

Haven’t seen him in the stands the latest games. Guess this is the reason then.

RIP - also a reminder that soon the most significant man in football history eventually won’t be with us. Stomach hurts already.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely so so gutting to hear this truly awful news :(

Rest In Peace
Heaven has gained an angel

Very sad news indeed. It’s hard to imagine how SIr Alex is feeling right now, losing his wife of almost sixty years. He has spoken about Cathy many times over the years; clearly she was the constant rock in his life. Let’s hope her loss doesn’t take a dramatic toll on Fergie’s health, as so often happens when an elderly person loses their spouse. He will be surrounded by the support of so many people, which is a great advantage.

RIP Cathy and best wishes to Sir Alex and the family.

redmanx

Sir Alex always said Lady Cathy was his rock and she was beside him throughout his incredible football career spanning decades. SAF used to joke that Cathy was "The Boss" and the two of them made a remarkable pair. All who love Manchester United will be grieving for both Lady Cathy and Sir Alex. R.I.P. Lady Cathy.

Schmeichel=God

Very sad to hear. More affected by this than any Utd decade of shiteness.

Now I just hope like many other older couples that Sir Alex doesn't go somewhat shortly afterwards.

After years of extreme commitment to his work he finally quit when her sister passed, and spent ten years with her. A chunk of which were spent recovering from his brain haemorrhage. She encouraged him to keep working and stood by him as his rock and support. Is the epitome of a good partner and likely quite hard to find in today's society.

Thoughts with Sir Alex as he deals with the loss.