Larsson set for Helsingborg

H10

Huseyin 10
Barcelona striker Henrik Larsson will join hometown club Helsingborg at the end of the season.

The Celtic legend has agreed an 18-month contract with the Swedish outfit.

Larsson has never hidden his desire to end his career in Sweden and Helsingborg have offered him that opportunity.

"There was no other alternative," Larsson told Swedish television channel SVT. "During my entire career, we have been set on a return to Helsingborg.

"After two years at Barcelona it feels truly right.

"I expect to play for two more years."

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
I cant help but think that Larson would have been great for us a few years ago before we signed Saha. He just seems the type of player that would do well at OT.

bangortom

Bloxy said:
I cant help but think that Larson would have been great for us a few years ago before we signed Saha. He just seems the type of player that would do well at OT.
He's the same kind of player as Solskjaer.

Would've been a short team replacement whilst Ole was injured.

very Ruud

Spam, Spam, Spam....
Cant wait to see him in allsvenskan.

Whats the odds on him becoming the top scorer? :lol:

Bloxy

bangortom said:
He's the same kind of player as Solskjaer.

Would've been a short team replacement whilst Ole was injured.
Ole's as far as I can see is still "out", maybe not injured but not ready for the top level yet.
If I'd have the option between Larson and Saha though, I would have gone for Larson.
btw, I actually dont think he is like Ole, he is much stronger and physical and holds the ball up as well. He is also much more of a target man than Ole is\was.
Ole is just always in the right position and is more intellegent and has the technique to deal with anything, but not as physical.

Bloxy

Benisi said:
You're wrong.

Larsson is not much of a target, but he's very intelligent and a great reader of the game
Much more of a target man than Ole I said, but Ole is one of the most intelligent strikers in the game. With his goalscoring record and minutes played he cannot be touched, and thats down to how well he reads the game. Miles better than Larson in that department.

Justin

a_devil_inside said:
he was better when he had his dreads in, I don't like him with the baldy nut
I can still remember his dreads from the 1994 World Cup. The goal in the 3rd place playoff where he sent Ivanov tumbling behind the goal was class :D.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Or Henry. They still can't decide who will prove to be a better signing.

$ukhjit

Great player who gets a lot of stick because of the leagues he was in. Didn't work out for him at Barcelona but proved at Euro 2004 that he still is a world class striker!