Laurent Blanc

Richie11

I would like to hear what people think about Laurent Blanc. There has been a lot of critisism thrown at Man Utd and for signing Laurent Blanc, and Blanc himself has come in for a lot of stick. I think Blanc has been a great signing to be honest. If you look at our young defenders like Phil and Gary Neville, John O'Shea and Wes Brown they have come on leaps and bounds since Blanc arrived. I remember when Cantona came and Beckham, Scholes and our other midfield players benifited from his experience. Blanc is not blessed with pace but his experience is invaluable. I think Gary Neville in particular has improved hugely and is by far a better defender now. I don't think it is any coincidence he has trained and played alongside Balnc for nearly 7 months now. I hope United re-sign Blanc for another season

King

It would make sense alright to have someone of Blanc's experience in the United camp, to help bring on the likes of O'Shea and Co.
Don't know who if anyone is responsible for coaching the defence.

Sydius

I agree. I think he's taken a while to settle into the team and all the mistakes were'nt his fault. True he is slow but Stevie Bruce was no roadrunner was he? Sometimes it's difficult when you see him strolling but he reads the game so well and I think he's improved his communication skills too, something I think he had a problem with when he moved. He seems like a quiet chap in general anyway. I hope he reconsiders and yeah a coaching role along with Eric next season might be really interesting. ;)

roxyfella

Real Fly Ox
Another good post Richie11, I would love Blanc to stay for another season, he has been,IMO, our best defender this season, and as you say, would be invaluable in the development of Brown and O'shea next season.