Laurent Robert’s left foot

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Bit random, but yes.

I remember being gutted he signed up for Newcastle. Was certain that Houllier would come through on that one.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Didn’t have much else to his game though did he? I seem to remember him being quite slow for a winger of that era.

Some great goals.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
When someone uploads a compilation vid like that, does Youtube deliberately put dreadful music behind them or is it a crazy coincidence that everyone who uploads has terrible taste?

SATA

Brilliant player. Newcastle had truly some great wingers in those days. Fox, Ginola, Robert, Gillespie. Even Asprilla could play as a winger comfortably

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Bit random, but yes.
Just saw a comment on the BBC that only Beckham and Robert had scored more direct free kicks in a season than JWP and went back to see if they were as good as I remember. Turned out they were better!

OleGunnar20

Scored some pearlers from what I remember.

He was one of those players I had a strange fascination with as a kid and always wanted us to sign him for some reason. Along with the likes of Ugo Ehiogu (Rip) & Juusi Jaaskelainen. Weird.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Brilliant player. Newcastle had truly some great wingers in those days. Fox, Ginola, Robert, Gillespie. Even Asprilla could play as a winger comfortably
That Newcastle team was really exciting. Robert and Solano (who was also brilliant at dead balls) on the wings, Bellamy and Shearer up front and a young Kieron Dyer in midfield. LuaLua would often be chucked on as a wild card too.

Their comeback from 0 points after 3 games in the CL was great fun.

tomaldinho1

Him and Nobby Solano on either wing, what a duo. They had some great flair players as well back in the day.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is that not someone’s username?

Jack-C20

I’ll always have a soft spot for players with a booming shot. Even with fairly average players like Gibson or Huddlestone I get excited when the ball rolls out to them on the edge of the box.

bsCallout

That Newcastle team was really exciting. Robert and Solano (who was also brilliant at dead balls) on the wings, Bellamy and Shearer up front and a young Kieron Dyer in midfield. LuaLua would often be chucked on as a wild card too.

Their comeback from 0 points after 3 games in the CL was great fun.
Definitely enjoyed watching that team to be fair.

siw2007

Go to player for me in fantasy football, didn't cost a lot but always got you loads of points.

Very good player in what was a very good Newcastle team.

GMoore23

Scorer of some cracking goals
Newcastle all in all were a pretty good watch then under Sir Bobby with players like Solano, Shearer, Robert, Dyer, and Bellamy