Leak exposes details of upto 1.3million Chinese communist party memebers

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6215946537001

This feud with Australia isn't particularly going as planned for China, they were able to bully Canada or Sweden in the past but this scale of a leak looks deeply damaging and embarrassing to them. There's going to be a ton of pressure on several companies from the state department in the US and elsewhere to root out these moles for intellectual theft and possibly spying charges brought against them. Interesting development.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Seems a nothing story. According to wiki CCP has more than 90 million members. A vast number of Chinese will be members of it, including those abroad. Hardly looks like a network of spies, or "moles", as someone in that article calls them. These will exist, and will likely be members of the CCP too, but it doesn't seem like it's a leak specifically of those.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Seems a nothing story. According to wiki CCP has more than 90 million members. A vast number of Chinese will be members of it, including those abroad. Hardly looks like a network of spies, or "moles", as someone in that article calls them. These will exist, and will likely be members of the CCP too, but it doesn't seem like it's a leak specifically of those.
Almost the opposite i think
If somebody is a spy one of the first things the Chinese or any other government would look to do is ensure there isn't a really easy link between them and said spy (so they have some political cover/ dependability) so making sure potential spys cancell any cccp membership is probably done in week 1 of spy school as it would be a really easy basic step

Foxbatt

Almost the opposite i think
If somebody is a spy one of the first things the Chinese or any other government would look to do is ensure there isn't a really easy link between them and said spy (so they have some political cover/ dependability) so making sure potential spys cancell any cccp membership is probably done in week 1 of spy school as it would be a really easy basic step
I think what Arruda is saying that being members of the party is not such a big issue as anyone who wants to be someone in China has to be a member of the party.