Leandro Trossard | signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

erikcred

Didn't he score a hattrcik at Anfield a few months ago? He's a good player and a handful in the right setup
True, but he hasn't done much after that.

However, he can have another go at Anfield when Arsenal go there. That would be nice, scoring two hat tricks at Anfield in a single league season.

Irrational.

An excellent price for a fantastic player. He’ll do well at Arsenal and is the right platform for him to take his career to the next level.

Shame we struggle to find such bargains.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Decent pick-up, and PL proven as well. If he can bang in a few goals here and there it will prove well worth the price tag. My suspicion is he will fit in very well with how Arteta will want to use him. Seems to relish playing against the bigger teams as well. Solid... dunno anything about the Pole we apparently signed as well.

Rockets Redglare

True, but he hasn't done much after that.

However, he can have another go at Anfield when Arsenal go there. That would be nice, scoring two hat tricks at Anfield in a single league season.
He’s got 7 goals in the league this season, that’s not a bad return in 16 games.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Decent pick-up, and PL proven as well. If he can bang in a few goals here and there it will prove well worth the price tag. My suspicion is he will fit in very well with how Arteta will want to use him. Seems to relish playing against the bigger teams as well. Solid... dunno anything about the Pole we apparently signed as well.
seems like 30m is the going rate for any decent players for EPL clubs. Players with high potential is quoted 100m. "Proven" young talent like Bellingham/Enzo Fernández are 150m/120m. Oh my!

SAFMUTD

He’s got 7 goals in the league this season, that’s not a bad return in 16 games.
Most scored against big opposition as well, 3G-1A against Liverpool, 1G-1A against Chelsea and 1G against City. For 30M it's a really good deal, I'm surprised Arsenal went unchallanged for him.

erikcred

Yes, not a bad return overall.

But what this means is that he got 4 in 15 excluding the Anfield game. That's exactly what I said. Hasn't done much after his Anfield exploits.

Most scored against big opposition as well, 3G-1A against Liverpool, 1G-1A against Chelsea and 1G against City. For 30M it's a really good deal, I'm surprised Arsenal went unchallanged for him.
This season? Sure, if you say so.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I like him a lot but clinical is absolutely not the right word for him. Most in a season is 8 goals. This year he’s improving on that front though. 25 goals in 122 games doesn’t scream clinical.
Someone who's clinical is someone who is usually on target when they shoot.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think he's a very smart signing for Arsenal. I think they're trying to be proactive now. The club must see the opportunity this season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I think he's a very smart signing for Arsenal. I think they're trying to be proactive now. The club must see the opportunity this season.
- versatile, can cover many positions in the front
- EPL experience. No need to adapt and can contribute right away
- 28. He is supposed to be at the peak of his power. So not buying for potential, but what he is right now.
- relatively cheap in today's market I hate to say it.
- Arteta's #2 managed him before and knows him well.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
- versatile, can cover many positions in the front
- EPL experience. No need to adapt and can contribute right away
- 28. He is supposed to be at the peak of his power. So not buying for potential, but what he is right now.
- relatively cheap in today's market I hate to say it.
- Arteta's #2 managed him before and knows him well.
Yep. Ticks all the right boxes for now. Gives you good cover all over the front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.