Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
If we lose the appeal though, we paid £18m for a player who never played for us and released him for free. Not the finest bit of business ever undertaken by a football club.
I've read those two sentences a couple of times now... smile each time, not because it's Leeds (well not purely anyway). It just sounds so ridiculous.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Very unlike Leeds to get involved in this kind of tomfoolery :smirk:
I should be annoyed, but I'm so used to us fecking up in new and spectacular ways that this one only registers as a blip. The major stupidity was the initial contract itself. An £18m obligatory purchase of a footballer that could barely play football.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
In more wholesome news it seems Bielsa randomly turned up unannounced and asked if he could take a local U11 training session on Monday.

Some random on Twitter: Photographed through a fence, as he would have wanted.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In more wholesome news it seems Bielsa randomly turned up unannounced and asked if he could take a local U11 training session on Monday.

A random photographer happened to at an under 11's training peering through the fence :nervous:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

love that.

InfiniteBoredom

Playing an open game vs us on a pitch as big as OT really messed them up. When we went to their ground last season they had a much easier time closing us down.

lysglimt

Scout
For a guy who supposedly is a genious - it's rather puzzling that he can lose by 4 goals against OGS 2 seasons in a row.

SAFMUTD

I know Bielsa is a romantic and always plays on the front foot but it's really naive to go out this open against superior teams. Sure you may get the odd result here and there but most of the times they'll smack you.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Why do all their players have the same awful man bun haircuts? It’s their second season in the league and I really can’t register any of their players in my head because they all look the same.

Red Stone

I have a lot of time for managers that come to Old Trafford and willingly bend over and take it raw, especially if they go to the Emptihad later on and snatch a win.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I know Bielsa is a romantic and always plays on the front foot but it's really naive to go out this open against superior teams. Sure you may get the odd result here and there but most of the times they'll smack you.
They did well against the top teams last season. Digging in and praying to Zeus doesn't work as good

tomaldinho1

I don’t think it is really. Their whole mantra is to try and score goals and win - they’ll get a few hidings but do well against big teams for their squad and it’s actually much better to essentially avoid draws (which you see smaller teams plying for against the big guns) because wins are so much more valuable.

Red00012

What a team I love the way they play against us :D

2 seasons in a row now at OT we’ve spanked them

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Loved that when they chanted "you let your country down" at Sancho, they were embarrassed by allowing Fred to score immediately afterwards.

Blood Mage

The Old Trafford pitch exposes their system, just too much space for us to exploit today.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a load of garbage, I have no issue with them heckling those two of a pen miss, they are our rivals and it’s football. Nothing racist about it
Heckling kids for a penalty miss is not okay when those kids had to deal with all the abuse that followed. Chanting about rivals is fine but bringing up that penalty miss is crossing a line.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don’t think any manager but Bielsa would play that openly against us, home or away. Too much pace and creativity to contend with, a lot of our games are going to be boxy in midfield.

big rons sovereign

Heckling kids for a penalty miss is not okay when those kids had to deal with all the abuse that followed. Chanting about rivals is fine but bringing up that penalty miss is crossing a line.
Not being funny mate, but that's a load of old tosh.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Nah, it really isn't.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Only if you want football to have zero atmosphere over time. You need that added spice in derby games otherwise you lose this especial fixtures.

Anfield away I want to hear them cursing out Sancho for 90mins whilst we put them to the sword.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Saw a few of them doing the aeroplane gesture a few times.

crossy1686

career ending
I would love to see what fans of other clubs would do if their manager was squatting on a box, having a brew, while they're getting hammered 5-1. Leeds always seem to be fine with it

SAFMUTD

I don’t think it is really. Their whole mantra is to try and score goals and win - they’ll get a few hidings but do well against big teams for their squad and it’s actually much better to essentially avoid draws (which you see smaller teams plying for against the big guns) because wins are so much more valuable.
I agree on the premise, but once youre 2 goals down is time to change the approach. Instead they keep playing wide open and letting these smacks happen.