Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I know Bielsa is a romantic and always plays on the front foot but it's really naive to go out this open against superior teams. Sure you may get the odd result here and there but most of the times they'll smack you.
Didn't he park the bus big time in the 0-0 at Elland Road? They'll probably do the same later on in the season.

Bielsa could park the bus more regularly but he just dosen't want to and his approach got a newly promoted team nearly 60 points last year don't forget. Unless you think they should be getting 70 points and making top 4.

They missed Phillips big time today. Klich as the sitter isn't anything close to same quality, would've thought another good DM would've been on their summer transfer list.

Chief123

Football fans are so hypocritical in general. Leeds fans who are being dicks, no surprise. But I’ve seen just as many Utd fans and any other team fans doing similar.

I was at Anfield for Jose’s last game in the away end. The amount of vile shit our fans were coming out was just as disgusting.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Title for the most vile club in England? Leeds or Milwall? Due to the "rivarly" I'd probably bestow that honour on Leeds. Cnunts got smacked. Be a pleasure to see it happen more often this season.

Robertd0803

They couldn't live with our quality, doubt Phillips would have made a major difference
Oh I agree, we were all over them. Phillips could have helped stem the tide a little for them at least. Pogba strolling around creating goals for fun must have been so frustrating for them.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
One person threw a flag. Leeds en masse doing aeroplane wings. They’re a different breed. Probably the worst around. Even I had trouble near the blaze. Madness!
What's the blaze? Leeds have an enormous number of absolute weapons I agree, but from my experience you lot aren't particularly lacking in that regard either. I expect a fair group of dickheads will take a tour of Leeds city center in the return fixture.

fergieisold

What's the blaze? Leeds have an enormous number of absolute weapons I agree, but from my experience you lot aren't particularly lacking in that regard either. I expect a fair group of dickheads will take a tour of Leeds city center in the return fixture.
bishops blaze is a pub. I ended up late due to traffic and then a group of Leeds fans decided to start hurling abuse at me. Just kept my head down and moved on.

tomaldinho1

I agree on the premise, but once youre 2 goals down is time to change the approach. Instead they keep playing wide open and letting these smacks happen.
I think then you get to the point where you ask does GD really matter when you’re not really going to be fighting for titles or top 6. If you’re a fan you’d rather see more goals than not i guess.

Big Andy

Bloke
Is that bucket bothering cnut actually any fecking good? Seems like his lack of a plan B is letting him down, to me that makes him a shit manager, yet every pundit is happily on their knees with a mouthful of Jack Duckworth wannabe cock.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is that bucket bothering cnut actually any fecking good? Seems like his lack of a plan B is letting him down, to me that makes him a shit manager, yet every pundit is happily on their knees with a mouthful of Jack Duckworth wannabe cock.
:lol: amazing

Ludens the Red

To be fair. It is widely acknowledged within football that you have the biggest amount of wankers, in your match going fanbase. We’ve some way to go to match the shithousery that Leeds fans regularly produce.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not sure why would Bielsa repeat the same mistake of last season. Thought they will keep it tight and won't chase man to man, like they did at Elland road.

Well, thanks anyway.

SAFMUTD

Didn't he park the bus big time in the 0-0 at Elland Road? They'll probably do the same later on in the season.

Bielsa could park the bus more regularly but he just dosen't want to and his approach got a newly promoted team nearly 60 points last year don't forget. Unless you think they should be getting 70 points and making top 4.

They missed Phillips big time today. Klich as the sitter isn't anything close to same quality, would've thought another good DM would've been on their summer transfer list.
I'm not saying they should totally change their approach it clearly gets them more points than what they "should" all I'm saying is that after being down by 2 goals it may be wiser to close down the shop instead of persisting with the same open approach.

SAFMUTD

I think then you get to the point where you ask does GD really matter when you’re not really going to be fighting for titles or top 6. If you’re a fan you’d rather see more goals than not i guess.
Sure I get the excitement about Leeds, even when they are not competing for European spots not relegation the show they give is exciting, but after being smacked twice in Old Trafford I don't think they'll be too happy about Bielsa repeating the same tactics.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm not saying they should totally change their approach it clearly gets them more points than what they "should" all I'm saying is that after being down by 2 goals it may be wiser to close down the shop instead of persisting with the same open approach.
Think you have to credit more how your team played personally. You could've settled for 3-1 but smelt blood and kept on attacking. As Man. City have shown last 5 years never too early in the season to get the goal difference up.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Sure I get the excitement about Leeds, even when they are not competing for European spots not relegation the show they give is exciting, but after being smacked twice in Old Trafford I don't think they'll be too happy about Bielsa repeating the same tactics.
I don't Leeds fans give two shits about his tactics and whether they concede heavily doing it occasionally. Given their journey from the third tier to PL, they'll enjoy the ride

InfiniteBoredom

I think Leeds ended last season with a neutral or -1 GD, and if not that then not far off.

They will take a few pastings and hand out a few themselves. Can be as high as 8th/9th or as low as 14th/15th, but I don’t see them in a relegation dogfight come end of the season.

Foxbatt

Oh I agree, we were all over them. Phillips could have helped stem the tide a little for them at least. Pogba strolling around creating goals for fun must have been so frustrating for them.
Pogba strolling around and creating goals would have been frustrating for any team. He has the ability to do so and it is frustrating for United that he does not stroll around and create goals more often.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
This means they'll play it safe at Elland Road again, like last time. First time they made a compromise. We're their bogey team.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I think Leeds ended last season with a neutral or -1 GD, and if not that then not far off.

They will take a few pastings and hand out a few themselves. Can be as high as 8th/9th or as low as 14th/15th, but I don’t see them in a relegation dogfight come end of the season.
Their goals scored was in top4/6 territory, their goals conceded in bottom 3/5. Fun side, but they were much poorer today than in the 6-2.

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Oh wow. His lack of plan B got a mediocre squad from the championship promoted to the PL and helped them earn a decent mid table finish.

Clearly he's a shit coach because he don't want to have a plan B.

This is one of the few times I find a fan being so much worst than a pundit at understanding football.

InfiniteBoredom

Their goals scored was in top4/6 territory, their goals conceded in bottom 3/5. Fun side, but they were much poorer today than in the 6-2.
They struggled through preseason so I kinda expected that they would be shite today as well. Think the size of our pitch also caused them a lot of problem in both games tbf. This Leeds team don’t even have half the talent of the 11/12 Bilbao team that played us off our turf, so when their press isn’t working they are pretty much useless.

redrobed

They have spent too much money on transfer fees and wages in my opinion so was good to put them in their place.

Djemba-Djemba

They were much worse today than in the 6-2.

The 6-2 was just a mad game that could have ended up any score, we were still the better team but it felt much more chaotic a win.

The 5-1 today we controlled the game pretty much from start to finish. We were all over them.

meamth

Rivalry aside, you can't deny his ability guiding a finished club to where they are today.

He might not be cream of the crop, but he has some serious managerial skills getting Leeds to the top flight and stayed there.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
They were much worse today than in the 6-2.

The 6-2 was just a mad game that could have ended up any score, we were still the better team but it felt much more chaotic a win.

The 5-1 today we controlled the game pretty much from start to finish. We were all over them.
This is exactly how I felt. You were a joy to watch, we were poor everywhere. Outmatched, basically. To be fair, it has been like this throughout preseason too.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They struggled through preseason so I kinda expected that they would be shite today as well. Think the size of our pitch also caused them a lot of problem in both games tbf. This Leeds team don’t even have half the talent of the 11/12 Bilbao team that played us off our turf, so when their press isn’t working they are pretty much useless.
While I am not a big fan of Bielsa, at least from the defensive process of his teams (quite basic IMO), I have to say that Bilbao team had 3 or 4 players above anything this Leeds squad has.

I don’t watch them regularly, but at least 2 of their signings last season didn’t impressed me.

Rodrigo and Koch. Expected much more from them.

RedSinha

Leeds seem to be a strange rival club for me and I can't seem to view them as fierce rivals. They don't feel like a club with their own identity currently, their identity is more dependent on Bielsa. Like it's a "Bielsa team" and not Leeds United. Don't know if that makes sense. Even Liverpool with a massive personality like Klopp don't have this issue (but then, Liverpool weren't stranded in the lower leagues for 2 decades).

When Bielsa leaves, they'll go back to being a bang average side with no personality.

fergosaurus

Classy lot aren't they ?

The boos and chanting "You let your country down" when Sancho came on was disgusting. Compare that to the Brentford fans who gave Saka a positive reception when he came on.