Leeds (dirty thugs) discussion

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This is the most gormless and badly organized I have seen from a team in the PL for many years. They are playing truly diabolically, City haven't needed to break a sweat at all. I reckon I, as a 96 year-old man of 400kgs, could round up eleven of my mates, and give Leeds a reasonably good game now. They are playing that poorly. Most my friends are dead too.

Ludens the Red

Bielsas three years are done. It’s all downhill from here. Leeds have lost a yard and they have too many average and shite players to be playing at less than 90-100%.
Genuine contenders for relegation. Which would be really sad to see…

Just kidding. feck off you cnuts.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its naive but brave, constantly, if they can drag you into their game they'll run you ragged (like Chelsea at the weekend) but if you get ahead of them and are patient they are so easy to play through.

Rex Banner

I still think they'll stay up but that's mainly because Newcastle, Norwich and Watford are all comfortably worse than them. Would be surprised to see Bielsa still in charge next season though. Seems like he may have run his course there.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Loads of us predicted this
They really needed a refresh in the spine of the team that never really came, they've brought in a couple but the core of the team must have the knees of 80 year old men with the amount of running they did. Lots of injuries mounting up now, unable to keep Bamford fully fit. Its gonna be tough for them to stay up playing on the edge like this without the legs.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Leeds are fecking gash. Hope they get relegated.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They simply didn't strengthen enough in key areas. Lose Phillips and Foreshaw as the sole DM v Man. City was never going to end well.

A couple of injuries and their bench is basically kids plus Klich and that will really hurt them at this period of the season with games every 3 days.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Keys and Gray going in on Bielsa here, think the media are starting to turn.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't care how much of a hipster manager you are, if you're getting tonked 6's and 7's every other month it's just not good enough.

They don't play that well to make up for it.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
It's been like this for a while, he can't hide behind the "genius, heavy metal, sexy" football guise again. You can't be this naive at this level consistently. It's borderline crazy and he is that stubborn he won't change it nor adjust to the current reality. He'll be gone by January at the latest.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
They were playing against city 1v1 all across the pitch. The quality of the city players all across the pitch made sure they won most the duels and smashed leeds.

They did the same against us and got smashed, and city is a much more well oiled machine.

Leeds should have shut shop and parked the bus.

Heymrtangerineman

I wonder how much Leeds extended Ole's run by making us look like 08 United.
Couldn't agree more. I think our opening games against Leeds and Newcastle really didn't do us a favour despite the seemingly great results as they papered over the cracks. Leeds always make us look like world beaters these days. Hell they make McTominay look like prime Keane!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Bielsa's good side is rightly celebrated, but by this point, he's putting his ego above the club and seemingly indifferent to potentially taking them down.

He needs to play conventionally for a while and get them safe as it's clear what he's doing with a drained squad is to their detriment.

If he can't be bothered, he should walk away as something has to give or they'll be relegated.

slored1

Dan James cost 30!!! million. Dan fecking James. What a waste of money.

VivaRonaldo85

Bielsa strikes me as an individual who would rather stick by his footballing morals and get relegated (and then walk away with his head held high) than batten down the hatches for a final day ugly relegation survival fight. I think his media are now and will continue to turn on their love affair with him.

Oranges038

Christ they are shite. Missing Philips which is a big loss to their midfield. But Dan James playing up top... wtf was that about? He is muck. 30 fecking million was absolute robbery.

Bielsa only plays one way and he's been well and truly found out now.

TsuWave

We should buy Raphinha

Sancho on the left
Mason in the middle
Raphinha on the right

that’s a crazy attack for next season. Ronnie off the bench

RuudTom83

One of the reasons I despise the sky sports panel. They come out with utter rubbish every week, but no one ever holds their opinions to account!

All we heard form Neville and co. last season was how much of a genius Bielsa was, even when they were conceding 3 goals every match.

Now I don’t expect much from Leeds so them losing isn’t the issue, it’s just the gushing over them without ever being called out for it that makes me laugh.

tomaldinho1

Bielsa strikes me as an individual who would rather stick by his footballing morals and get relegated (and then walk away with his head held high) than batten down the hatches for a final day ugly relegation survival fight. I think his media are now and will continue to turn on their love affair with him.
100% and I respect him for it. What’s the difference for Leeds if they finish 15th or 11th? At least the fans get to see a feck load of goals but they need more quality, this season I feel like most teams can press and understand better how to cope with them.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Honestly if Newcastle splurge in Jan and Burnley battle the way they always do they could go down. Absolute shite this season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Seems us as football fans want to have our cake and eat it.

We moan about the likes of Pulis, Bruce, Roy and Allardyce (who have all shipped 7 in this league at some point anyway) stinking up the league playing dinosaur football but also moan at mangers like Bielsa and Hassehuttl who try and do things differently (and quite well given resources).

Relegation is unlikely and Europe is next to certainly not happening, so why not have a bit of fun in the process? Even if it ends up in a couple of hammerings when it ain't their day they will also get games like vs us on Saturday and at Elland Road last season, both games vs City and Liverpool last season where they genuinely make a really good game of it (and only lost 2 of those aforementioned 6 games aswell so it's not like they have been rolled over in every big game).

The funniest thing about all of this is if Leeds sack him tomorow this thread would be littered with "what do Leeds expect?" posts :lol:

InfiniteBoredom

Seems us as football fans want to have our cake and eat it.

We moan about the likes of Pulis, Bruce, Roy and Allardyce (who have all shipped 7 in this league at some point anyway) stinking up the league playing dinosaur football but also moan at mangers like Bielsa and Hassehuttl who try and do things differently (and quite well given resources).

Relegation is unlikely and Europe is next to certainly not happening, so why not have a bit of fun in the process? Even if it ends up in a couple of hammerings when it ain't their day they will also get games like vs us on Saturday and at Elland Road last season, both games vs City and Liverpool last season where they genuinely make a really good game of it (and only lost 2 of those aforementioned 6 games aswell so it's not like they have been rolled over in every big game).

The funniest thing about all of this is if Leeds sack him tomorow this thread would be littered with "what do Leeds expect?" posts :lol:
This thread is always littered with those posts after Leeds get a tonking, like clockwork.

If you look at their squad everybody would say before the season starts that they would be fighting relegation, and they are. The freshness of being newly promoted has worn off and this season was always going to be hard for them. Regardless of how sound you are as a coach, at some points quality of players will tip the scale, even Klopp got relegated with Mainz.

Spunking 25m on Dan James was weird though, that club (or maybe Bielsa specifically) has a hard on for him for some unfathomable reason.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Weird thread. They are having a poor season but he has done well there overall

hn4united

They really needed a refresh in the spine of the team that never really came, they've brought in a couple but the core of the team must have the knees of 80 year old men with the amount of running they did. Lots of injuries mounting up now, unable to keep Bamford fully fit. Its gonna be tough for them to stay up playing on the edge like this without the legs.
the fact of the matter is that most quality footballers wouldn’t be willing to run around like how Bielsa wants them to. The few who are willing to will lose that ability after a couple years. The rest of them who are willing to aren’t good enough talents at this level. So, it is very difficult to refresh the team playing this style to be able to compete at this level.

the other factor is that, being competitive and winning games, playing this way is possible in lower leagues when quality of other players and managers aren’t that much better than them. Once they get to this level, they can’t keep playing this one way with subpar quality players. They will be found out quickly.